TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Any bands

I call it Oasis syndrome. I tend to like their songs but overall cant listen to them because the members are such asses.

Obviously, Oasis, but Limp Bizkit and the Smashing Pumpkins also rank high up there. And I know a lot of people who would say Soundgarden/Audioslave. By the way, though Can't Change Me was a good tune, his solo album may have been the worst CD ever.

Fred Durst is annoying as fuck, but would his departure really make Limp Bizkit that much better? I don't know about how their songwriting duties are structured, I assume it's Durst writing the vocals and Borland writes the music. Limp Bizkit proponents are fast to tell me that Sam Rivers and John Otto have jazz backgrounds, so I should like them...okay. Maybe the three musicians of the group should do a side project and see if they produce anything less obnoxious.

As for other bands...hmm let's see

-Thom Yorke's vocals can be really grating and annoying sometimes, but I still like Radiohead plenty. I don't know why Ed O'Brien can't get a shot at singing lead, since Pink Floyd did a good job at rotating lead vocals between Gilmour, Waters, and Wright for a while, since each voice was more suited to a certain type of song.

-Likewise with Oasis, they have good songs, but the Gallaghers are just such dumbasses, I feel stupid listening to them sometimes.

I don't like some of the comments Rivers Cuomo (Weezer) has made about his fans.

If he has such a problem with them, then why would he even bother making music since he knows how popular they are and the kinds of fans they attract?

Ditto on Bono

Lars from Metallica.

Keane for their singer, and their keyboardist. Probably their drummer, too. And their music.

Gavin Rosdale with Bush.

I hate Creed and the Police. While they suck in the first place, their lead singers (some bigass tool and Sting, respectively) take it to a personal grudge.

Guest JebusNassedar

Stone Temple Pilots.

And, by association, Velvet Revolver.

Scott Weiland is the most irritating fucker to listen to, and even more so to watch. He's the gayest singer ever. Not even that oddball from The Darkness can touch him.

EDIT: Not that there's anything wrong with gay people. It's just overwhelming faggotry that gets on my nerves.

I hate Lars-Metallica

I hate the bassist from the Phunk Junkees

The Police never sucked. Never ever. Don't say shit like that

If they weren't so repetitious (their typical song structure seems to be: chorus verse chorus chorus chorus chorus chorus verse chorus chorus chorus) and didn't end every song in a fade-out....

They'd still be bloodless pseudo-reggae.

I don't think I hate any band because of one single member ... it's not like if Lars quit Metallica I'd all of a sudden like them again. They'd have to completely re-invent their sound for me to like them again, and I would potentially like them again if they did so, with or without Lars.

I can't stand that shitty bassist from Korn, Fieldy. Nothing personal really but the guy is so hideous and out of tune that it kills virtually all of their songs.

Bono makes me dislike U2 more and more after each new albums that comes out.

I enjoy R.E.M. and Smashing Pumpkins, but only to a certain extent due to Stipe and Corgan. Corgan I dislike for the usual reasons, but Stipe... I really have no reason to dislike Michael Stipe, I just do. And he alone has led me to dislike much of the R.E.M discography. I still enjoy Murmer a lot though.

Jim Morrison annoys me. A lot. He just thinks he's so fucking awesome. Well he's not.

Though the more I think about it... it really doesn't make that much of a difference. The only Floyd member that I've ever liked is Barrett, and they're probably in my top five bands.

The only Floyd member that I've ever liked is Barrett, and they're probably in my top five bands.

I don't care for Barrett so much, while some of Piper at the Gates is fun, and his fucking up was integral to the future of the band, Gilmour was better at guitar and vocals, and probably a better writer. Roger Waters is a son of a bitch, but a son of a bitch that can write. Gilmour and Wright are superior musicians. Nick Mason is there.

I enjoy R.E.M. and Smashing Pumpkins, but only to a certain extent due to Stipe and Corgan. Corgan I dislike for the usual reasons, but Stipe... I really have no reason to dislike Michael Stipe, I just do. And he alone has led me to dislike much of the R.E.M discography. I still enjoy Murmer a lot though.

Jim Morrison annoys me. A lot. He just thinks he's so fucking awesome. Well he's not.

Though the more I think about it... it really doesn't make that much of a difference. The only Floyd member that I've ever liked is Barrett, and they're probably in my top five bands.

Jim Morrison doesn't think anything anymore

Guest Vitamin X
Fred Durst is annoying as fuck, but would his departure really make Limp Bizkit that much better? I don't know about how their songwriting duties are structured, I assume it's Durst writing the vocals and Borland writes the music. Limp Bizkit proponents are fast to tell me that Sam Rivers and John Otto have jazz backgrounds, so I should like them...okay. Maybe the three musicians of the group should do a side project and see if they produce anything less obnoxious.

Who? I thought Limp Bizkit just hired studio musicians for drum and bass duties, and that Borland wrote the music.

Guest Vitamin X
The Police never sucked. Never ever. Don't say shit like that.

d00d remembre dat song dey made dat riped off dat one puff addy song lolz ghey bro

Who? I thought Limp Bizkit just hired studio musicians for drum and bass duties, and that Borland wrote the music.

Wikipedia says they were founding members with Fred Durst and they picke dup Wes and the guy from House of Pain later on

I despise Morrison. Useless twat. The Doors weren't good anyway, though.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

70% of my Mars Volta malaise is due to the vocals. Minus that, they're just really wanky prog, which I'm largely indifferent to.

I'm not sure how anyone could hear "Five To One" or "LA Woman" and not appreciate The Doors, but oh well.

I'd have to agree with the people who said Lars ruins any enjoyment of Metallica for me. Also, reading some of Cobain's interviews ruined enjoyment his delightful gibberish lyrics in Nirvana. It wasn't just his anti Axl stuff, the guy just came across as such a schmuck.........

I have a big problem with Paul McCartney's solo stuff and even some of his Beatles work as I just can't stand his whole "I'm just a normal bloke me! Blokey blokey bloke! I'm normal. Yeah, I have £700,000,000 in the bank, but I'm just an everyday guy!" persona.

Sting is just too pretentious for words, but isn't creative enough to back it up like Peter Gabrial, for example.

And Cobain's just a wanker, frankly.

And the heroin addict from the Libertines, something Doherty, pisses me off too much for me to like their stuff too much.

And Bono, for reasons listed above.

I am prejudiced against most 'Britpop' 90s bands for their annoying English voices. I can stand (hell, I love) 60s English groups and I love The Smiths but the 90s was a bad time for English vocals.

-U2 because of Bono

-Pearl Jam because of Eddie Vedder

-Oh, and let's face it folks; Kurt Cobain was not a rock messiah

While we're at it, Trent Reznor may be the worst lyricist ever.