TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

Any bands

The only Floyd member that I've ever liked is Barrett, and they're probably in my top five bands.

I don't care for Barrett so much, while some of Piper at the Gates is fun, and his fucking up was integral to the future of the band, Gilmour was better at guitar and vocals, and probably a better writer. Roger Waters is a son of a bitch, but a son of a bitch that can write. Gilmour and Wright are superior musicians. Nick Mason is there.

Oh, I didn't mean in a song-writing/instrumental way at all. I just meant as far as personality goes. Roger Waters is a stubborn son-of-a-bitch, Mason is just too happy-go-lucky and on the downright dumb side so that it doesn't seem like he should even be in the band... Rick Wright is a brat, and I have to problem with David Gilmour, but interviews I've read with him in his older days (more recently) have made him seem sort of tool-ish as well.

Mainly I just hate Waters and Wright. Gilmour and Mason I really have no problem with, but Syd just seemed like such a legitimately cool/nice/unselfish guy. Then he went crazy of course.

Rick Wright is a brat, and I have to problem with David Gilmour, but interviews I've read with him in his older days (more recently) have made him seem sort of tool-ish as well.

Where are you getting this brat thing from?

I think Gilmour seems like a nice guy, he just cared more about the music than the lyrics and got frustrated when Waters turned Pink Floyd into "wah wah my daddy died Thatcher's a bitch I miss Syd did I mention my daddy died"

-Pearl Jam because of Eddie Vedder

-Oh, and let's face it folks; Kurt Cobain was not a rock messiah

Fuck Cobain. I don't give a crap about him or nirvana. decent music, but if eddie vedder would have killed himself instead of Kurt. People would think Eddie would have been a rock messiah, he just turned out to be a lunatic.

Kurt would have just died from drugs anyways. and i would have laughed at that aswell.

I actually now think that the Police are a very good to great band, but it took me a long time to get over Sting's solo work and give the band a chance. I had heard a lot of Sting and just associated the Police with his solo stuff, when it is really worlds apart. I am glad that I gave them a chance.