TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Bands/Artists you just can't get into

I'll just spare you the monologue, and put down mine:

-Elton John

-The White Stripes

-Pearl Jam (mostly because of Eddie Vedder)

-Foreigner

-Nearly any Death Metal or Black Metal band

-The Eagles (I'm like the Dude from the Big Lebowski; I fucking hate the Eagles)

-Fleetwood Mac

You can put down the bands you can't get into, if you want to at least.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Classical music, because I'm an uncultured savage.

Also, The Ruts only had around one good song and don't deserve any acclaim.

Who? You think you'd have to be somewhat well-known to even have any acclaim put on you in the first place.

U2 have had a few good or at least decent albums, and alot of shit. Especially "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb", that albums damn near unlistenable to me. Probably because Brian Eno wasn't involved in it.

Grateful Dead other than American Beauty.

Sublime, minus a few songs. All of their songs sound the same to me.

The Grateful Dead... I had a hard time thinking of a band to name (I wanted to refrain from listing Radiohead pending further listening) but The Dead fit the bill. I enjoy jam bands to some extent, I love the guitars in their songs, and they're great to listen to while stoned/tripping. However, most Dead songs bore me to tears while I'm sober, which is most of the time.

Maybe my crazy Wonderful friends and my sister just played their records too much and I got sick of them, but I never really remember liking them much in the first place.

Sublime on the other hand... Possibly a top 10 band for me. At least top 20. Their songs may often sound similar, but I still love 'em. Any fan of Sublime should check out SoCal-by-way-of-Hawaii band Pepper. They have a lot in common with Sublime, and they're awesome if you like that type of ska/punk hybrid music.

I cannot get into any of the Beach Boys material, except for Brian Wilson's "Love and Mercy."

Also, I just don't get the love for The Unicorns or The Avalanches.

Metallica, for sure. Dig a few of their songs and that's about it.

I'm with ya. I just don't find their music interesting.

There's a smattering of Metallica songs I like, "Orion" for one. But a lot of their stuff I don't care for. St. Anger was horrid.

Guest Redhawk

A lot of the rap artists people say you're supposed to listen to because they're "real hip-hop." Artists like Common, Mos Def, Black Eyed Peas, The Roots, even KRS-One. I just can't do it. I guess I just like my shit ghetto.

While I do like those guys, they are not to be put on a pedestal. I hold the Ying Yang Twins in exactly as much esteem as them.