TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest whitemilesdavis

I can't believe it.

Guest Vitamin X

LET'S GET ANOTHER POINTLESS RUCKUS STARTED OVER A BANNING WHICH DIDN'T EVEN HAPPEN THIS TIME!

From reading through this thread, it would appear that Flik left on his own power. Ill flipped out, which is nothing new and said that he would ban him when Flik inevitably returns next week.

That was not a flip out.

My post to end the MikeSC thread... that was a flip out.

OK, the Mike thread was a flip out, this thread was more of a tantrum.

The end to the CE folder thread was a glorious, mascara-smearing shitfit the likes of which I thought was impossible to convey textually. It was like Bukowski on the rag.

Guest Vitamin X
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASY there.

Just asking.

Stop questioning the mods' authority!

*smacks you with the BUTT of his rifle*

Mmm, nah. Childish would be if I banned you, and THEN said you were trolling me as my reason.

That would be ridiculous, not childish. Whatever, it doen't really matter...

Maybe someone should talk about Mike again so Ill can throw another tantrum then he will be the last to post in the thread(because it would be, you know, locked) then he would lose survivor.

Irony...sweet sweet irony.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

he let that idiotic thread go on for another 10+ pages. Get Over It.

Its what the thread was about. If you don't want to read about the subject of a thread, leave. I have that option and he had the same one. Throwing a tantrum and closing the thread behind you is like getting in a debate, saying your side and running away so you don't have to hear the other end.

Besides, this is about getting someone to lose survivor.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Nobody was even debating anything anymore. Everyone was either saying the same things over and over again to no result, or turning it into a joke thread so the few people who wouldn't shut up might take the hint.

There wasn't anything to debate in the first place. They banned Mike. No matter how much anyone wants Mike or any other poster unbanned, complaining isn't going to accomplish that. All the people bitching did was piss off the mods and ruin alot of the sympathy they had from people who were sitting on the fence.

Us bitching about wrestling and who should get pushed isn't going to change anything. us bitching about who made the wrong play in a football game isn't going to change anything. Same for complaining about the new wrestling video game, who's album sucks, which chick is hot and so on. We aren't changing the world here. Its a internet discussion board. If we are going to close every thread that won't bring about real world change, there wouldn't be one open here.

Sure it wasn't going to change anything, but if it was a subject that people wanted to discuss they should be able to do it, as long as it is kept in one place and not flooding the board. When you close said place you are going to get comments leaking to other threads. Much like this.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

The mods let you talk, and talk, and talk. Everyone had their say, the mods made their position clear but a few people wouldn't stop and were acting like idiots, so Ill told them off.

People were already spreading it to other threads anyway. Threads get closed all the time In Feedback, and almost always long before the point that thread got too. I would have closed it long before Ill did.

Nobody was even debating anything anymore.

Ahem. I was trying to debate it, but the Mods couldn't be bothered to respond to my posts, prefering in Kotz's case to run off and in HTQ's case to make a wise ass comment and leave.

Everyone was either saying the same things over and over again to no result, or turning it into a joke thread so the few people who wouldn't shut up might take the hint.

Do you mean they were derailing a thread? OMG BAN PLZ~!

There wasn't anything to debate in the first place.

Yes there was.

They banned Mike. No matter how much anyone wants Mike or any other poster unbanned, complaining isn't going to accomplish that.

I asked for an explantaion and none came beyond he derailed a thread last year, which I don't really think he did and people didn't like his politics and the way he explained them. If the basis for his banning was that he was abrasive and at times mean, then OK, but much of the board, Ill included should be banned.

All the people bitching did was piss off the mods and ruin alot of the sympathy they had from people who were sitting on the fence.

At what point was I bitching? I'm more pissed off about the Mods not answering my questions then Mike getting banned. I ask a question, a whol bunch of people who have nothing to add other then "GET OVER IT!" came in and derailed a thread that I was hopeful would produce some answers as to what goes through the heads of the Mods here.

Why would the Mods be pissed off? If they can't handle people scrutinizing their decisions then they shouldn't have the job. I they can't handle things any better than calling the posters putrid piles of shit and closing the thread so that they can feel special because they had the last word then they don't deserve the job.

I also find the fact the Ill called previous Mods here, like Zack and APO "useless" and then went on a rampage about the posters here rather detrimental to the their panhandling thread that's pinned above. Why the fuck would I give money to a board where the people who run it, not only don't respect me enough to answer simple questions but then call me a piece of shit for asking?

Guest cosbywasmurdered

I didn't say you were bitching. I was thinking more along the lines of Slapnuts .

You were being fairly reasonable.

I'm amazed at the amount of people who are too afraid to use their PM box.

bob_barron wasn't afraid to shoot me a PM calling me out on my shit. But he's the only person on this board who wasn't, and guess who you don't see posting in these threads now?

The lot of you would MUCH rather make a public spectacle out of everything than either squashing your irrelevant beef, or sending PMs to the people you knew where involved.

THAT, that is why there's this dumb "Mods Vs. forums" thing going on. Every time there's a banning, someone jumps on the Site Feedback folder and has a real hard time dealing with the explanation that was given to them. Guess what?

If the explanation you were given as to why someone was banned isn't enough?

Bitching at us, causing a childish public spectacle about every last decision made, every banning that someone doesn't like, changing the descriptions under the forum names, getting rid of the descriptions under the forum names, closing X thread in the WWE folder, suspending X user from the WWE folder... it's a bit much, people. Yeah, okay, you have opinions, but a tantrum every time a minute decision is made is ridiculous and honestly, the mods aren't going to and shouldn't be required to put up with it. It's pretty much a volunteer thing, and this stupid "WELL IF THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE SCRUTINIZING OF IT THEY SHOULD LEAVE" thing is just out there as well.

People leave their real jobs for things just as miniscule as this, and not one of you can't tell me that if your boss or whoever criticized the way you did your hair, the way you tied your tie, the fact that you wore loafers instead of shoes with laces, the fact that you had a misplaced hair when you were shaving, you messed up on the heading of whatever memo you were in charge of, etc. etc. that you would be happy and want to stay. Honestly, look at it from our point of view. We're in a situation where no matter what we do, no one is ever going to be satisfied, and of course leave it to those people to start an e-riot in some kind of ostentatious attempt at "fighting the power."

Finally, do you think that I feel special when I come in make a long post calling everyone idiots and then close a thread? Because if you do, you're pretty far off from it. Again, I wasn't even involved in the situation, and that thread reflected badly on the WHOLE TSM community. Not just the posters, but the mods/admins involved too. The thread was at a place where it was never returning, people were pointlessly calling people out for no reason, there were explanations given but no matter what stance taken on every explanation there was absolutely no end in sight, and honestly? For 15 pages? That's ridiculous, and that's why I posted.

Bottom line: You don't want the mods to be "strict" or whatever on you? You need to lighten up on them. Period.

-Josh

Finally, do you think that I feel special when I come in make a long post calling everyone idiots and then close a thread?

.................this is a rhetorical question, right?

I think if you had posted the above and closed the thread, it would've probably been better. Hitting on all the internet stereotypes of 'you're ugly' 'you don't make any money' and 'you have no life' is just going to rub people the wrong way.