TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pgi86

Ultimate Warrior vs The Undertaker?

This was brought up on another forum.Have those two feuded with each other and have they wrestled against each other?I seem to recollect something about a casket and warrior being in it but I`m not all too sure.Can anybody please give some details?

Sure, on a Funeral PArlor segment on Superstars in 91, Taker attacks Warrior and locks him in a casket. Warrior is in there for awhile as officials try to bust him out (w/tools including SLEDGEHAMMERS, what were they going to do, beat him out?)

They had a series of matches at house show, but I don't think they ever had any one on one TV matches, outside of maybe televised msg events?

Needless to say, TAker was not undefeated when he won the wwf title that year (in fact hogan had pinned him cleanly at a tv taping) , but they ignored that.

Anyhow the casket incident led warrior to turn To Jake Roberts to help him overcome his fears. Jake gave him a trial of tests and in the end turned on him, turning Heel and joining with Taker. That feud never continued cuz Warrior left WWF for several months following SummerSlam 91.

Guest ravman77

While we're on about early Taker, can anyone tell me how soon into his run he started getting face pops? I was just getting into wrestling around the time of "The Gravest Challenge" so its a bit hazy. Did he get cheered over Hogan in that match (or the TNIT rematch)?

While we're on about early Taker, can anyone tell me how soon into his run he started getting face pops? I was just getting into wrestling around the time of "The Gravest Challenge" so its a bit hazy. Did he get cheered over Hogan in that match (or the TNIT rematch)?

Yes he got a nice pop for his entrance and title win. I have the colseum video and they didnt edit that off. TIT seemed to have more Hogan fans.

To see just how high profile it was, take a look at these newspaper ads from 91: http://www.angelfire.com/wrestling/cawthon777/91a.htm

The feud actually began before WrestleMania VII, in fact Taker was present for the Warrior / Savage contract signing. It lasted basically until Warrior left immediately after Summer Slam.

What was Taker doing at the contract signing?