TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest CronoT

Associated Press BJ's Sony

Guest CronoT

I happened to notice the article in my local newspaper today about the ad for the new X-Box 360. Well, right above it was a bar graph detailing sales for the Big Three: Nintendo, Sony, and MS.

The picture is a little grainy, but you can read it fairly well.

AssociatedPressBJsSony.jpg

It says:

Worldwide console sales since launch date as of December 2004, in millions of units

Nintendo GameCube

Microsoft Xbox

Sony PlayStation*

Now, if you're a smart person, you'll notice that the sales figures for the PlayStation brand seem exceptionally high. Well, that's what the asterisk after PlayStation is for. That little * means something.

At the bottom of the graph, in print approximately 3 times smaller than the rest, is this little gem:

* Includes PlayStation, PS one, and PlayStation 2 sales as of March 31, 2004.

So, they only included the sales of the GC from Nintendo, and the X-Box from MS, but they included the sales of everything Sony sold from day one. Which means, this graph is full of shit.

Thank you, AP; your credibility continues to plummet.

Guest CronoT

Off-topic: Something I want to point out to all you view-spammers. Every time you view-spam one of my threads, you cost Dames a whole lot of money.

The Sad fact:

NES - 65 Million

SNES - 48.8 Million

N64 - 30 Million

GC - 18 Million

-----

Total 161.8 million

BTW..I see a trend..

So even if the AP did the entire 20 year history of Nintendo consoles sold, its still less than Sony's sold in the last 10.

Now if they were to add all the different incarnations of the Game Boy...

Off-topic: Something I want to point out to all you view-spammers. Every time you view-spam one of my threads, you cost Dames a whole lot of money.

You know pointing it out doesn't help CronoT.

Besides, this wasn't really worth a whole thread for. An observation that could've been allotted in say the Xbox 360 thread or like any other thread (come on, easy tie ins), but not worth its own thread.

Is this a joke or something? What the hell is view-spamming?

Reading topics that you know aren't even worth discussion.

Come to think of it, pretty much every single CT post is a waste of everybody's time.

Reading topics that you know aren't even worth discussion.

It's more along the lines of hitting F5 a ton of times just for the hell of it.

Solution: stop starting threads.

Like that'll be final...

Guest CronoT

Better solution: Ban the view-spammers.

This view-spamming shit better mean intentionally adding views for your thread, because if you really are getting pissed off about people reading the threads, you might as well not even have forums.

Better solution: Ban the view-spammers.

I honestly can't believe he posted this almost an hour ago, and yet no one replied with:

Best solution: Ban you.

You people are slipping. For shame.

Guest CronoT
This view-spamming shit better mean intentionally adding views for your thread, because if you really are getting pissed off about people reading the threads, you might as well not even have forums.

"View-spamming" is picking a thread, and repeatedly hitting the F5 button, or the refresh button, until the view count is insane highly.

Every time the thread is "viewed," it has to be downloaded from the server. Every time it's downloaded from the server, it uses memory, which costs money.

Guest Vitamin X

SURPRISE! SERVER MEMORY IS RE-USABLE!! WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!?!?!?!!!

(what you're thinking of, you fucking dolt, is bandwidth)

Everytime Crono uses that stupid "Attempting to give a damn" picture thing, it probably eats up loads of bandwith since he posts it multiple times in the same thread.

More towards the point...

The Sad fact:

NES - 65 Million

SNES - 48.8 Million

N64 - 30 Million

GC - 18 Million

-----

Total 161.8 million

Add Game Boy, Game Boy Pocket, Game Boy Color, GBA, GBA SP, and the DS to that and you'd trump Sony and Microsoft combined.