TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chirs3

SWF Lockdown Card 5-18-05

-=-=-=-

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation presents...

SWF LOCKDOWN, MAY 18th, 2005, LIVE FROM THE NIPPON BUDOKAN HALL IN TOKYO, JAPAN!

(10:00 PM EST; 7:00 PM PST. Check local listings.)

Send everything (booking requests, promos, Yaoi, etc.) to Ace309.

A little history:

For many Westerners, the Budokan is synonymous with large-scale rock concerts. It was here that the Beatles made their Japan debut and Bob Dylan was the first of many to release a "Live at the Budokan" album. The Nippon Budokan, however, was originally built for the Judo competition in the 1964 Summer Olympics, hence its name, rendered into English as "martial arts hall".

Though it still functions as a venue for big musical events, its primary purpose is for Japanese martial arts. It contains three halls, the largest of which holds 14,000 people and is modeled after a hall in Horyuji Temple in Nara. The national championships of the different branches of the martial arts are held here annually.

The Nippon Budokan is located in Kitanomaru Park in the center of Tokyo, two minutes' walking distance from Kudanshita Subway Station, and near Yasukuni Shrine. This 42 m (140 ft) high imposing octagonal structure holds 14,201 people (arena seats: 2,762, 1st floor seats: 3,199, 2nd floor seats: 7,760, and standee: 480).

The national championships of the different branches of the martial arts (Judo, Kendo, Karate, Aikido, Shorinji Kempo, Kyudo, Naginata, etc.) are held annually at the Budokan.

For wrestling fans, the Budokan means professional wrestling's big shows. Now, All Japan Pro Wrestling holds seven big shows, and New Japan Pro holds a few shows, at the Budokan a year.

-=-=-=-

MAIN EVENT

SWF WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH - Toxxic © vs. Ejiro Fasaki

--> Since his return, Ejiro's been turning a lot of heads... well, actually, his sister's been turning a lot of heads, but when we're not oggling her we're noticing that Ejiro's been racking up a few big wins, and he's done it without cheating! Tonight, Ejiro gets his reward in the form of a shot at the SWF World Heavyweight Championship!

I could put in a paragraph about how awesome Toxxic is, but I don't really need to say anything, do I? He's Toxxic, for cryin' out loud!

Doesn't matter who wins - this is sure to be one hell of a match.

Rules: Standard singles match. I want a good clean fight, you two!

Word Limit: 7500

Send to: Ace309

-=-=-=-

CO-MAIN EVENT - TABLES, LADDERS, AND CHAIRS

SWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

Wild and Dangerous © vs. Martial Law (Landon Maddix and Todd Cortez) vs. Arch Griffon and Manson

--> Wildchild's gotta be itching to get his hands on Revolution Zero after Storm, but alas, duty calls. He'll get his rematch for the Cruiser title and another round with R0 in the future, but he and Johnny Dangerous are still the Tag Team Champions, and they're due for a defense.

GriffonOsity - a team built from scratch, that's faring far better than we could ever have hoped for. With decisive victories over Revolution 0 and Martial Law, they've definitely earned their shot.

Martial Law - it's no secret that they're gunning for gold, both singles and tag. They lost their last shot, but we in CC are feeling pretty good about this show, and in an unprecedented display of charity, we invited them to make this a threeway.

And when three talented teams collide, one of two things can happen - you can have an awesome match, or you can have an awesome TLC match.

We went with the ladder (+1 pun).

Rules: The SWF Tag Team Title belts will be suspended above the ring, which will be surrounded by tables, ladders, and chairs, all of which are legal. No holds barred, anything goes - first guy(s) to grab the title belts for his team wins.

Word Limit: NONE~!

Send to: chirs3

-=-=-=-

Lil' Buck vs. "The Critic" Scott Pretzler - Round 2

--> The first time these two met, the circumstances were... uh... odd... to say the least... Both men were definitely out of their element, moreso Pretzler than Buck. Well now we're back where we belong - the wrestling ring. It's time for a rematch on neutral ground - can Pretzler even the score?

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 5500

Send to: ChuckWoolery

-=-=-=-

Non-Title Match

"The Dean of Professional Wrestling" Jay Hawke © vs. "The Franchise" Mak Francis

--> Mak couldn't quite close the book on Jenkins, and if he wants to make it back to the top, he's gonna have to do it the hard way. First stop - Jay Hawke, a man who's been enjoying a decent amount of success lately. A win for either man would propel them pretty far up the rankings ladder...

Rules: Standard singles match.

Word Limit: 5000

Send to: Justice

-=-=-=-

Opening Bout - Dual-Rule Non-Title Match

Insane Luchadore © © vs. "Maniac" Bryan Rodgers and "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins

--> To say that Storm's Main Event ended poorly would be a bit of an understatement, but like it or not, we've got a new Cruiserweight Champion! Insane Luchador now reigns over both the Hardcore and Cruiserweight Divisions... on any normal show, he might represent one... on a particularly grueling show, he might represent both... but only on this extra-special Lockdown will he represent both AT THE SAME TIME! He'll fight a cruiser in Spike Jenkins, and he'll fight a hardcore nut in Bryan Rodgers, and best of all - he'll have to constantly adapt to changing rules! The titles aren't on the line this time, but a win by either opponent could go towards getting them a shot... and a win by IL - well that would just kick ass.

Rules: Listen carefully. This may get tricky.

Insane Luchadore now represents both divisions, so this match is going to do the same. However, each opponent only represents ONE division (Spike = Cruiser, Bryan = Hardcore). So here's how things work:

Insane Luchadore will be facing the team of Rodgers and Jenkins. Whenever Rodgers the legal man, the match will be Hardcore - no DQ, no count-out, falls count anywhere. If Rodgers can't take the heat, he can tag in Spike. Whenever Spike is the legal man the match will be fought under Cruiserweight rules - 20 count outside the ring, no going over the top rope, standard singles otherwise.

Rodgers and Jenkins - if you want to write together, you can. If you want to write it seperately, that's fine too.

Word Limit: 5000

Send to: 5_moves_of_doom

-=-=-=-

Opening Promo: Unclaimed.

Edited by chirs3

Seeing as we're in Japan...I can no-sell the Wild Ride, right?

Wild Ride, Landon gets up, Crash Landon, WC gets up and shouts, Wild Ride, Landon gets straight up, Crash Landon, Wildchild gets up and shouts, palm strike, both men collapse.

*only thing I hate about Puro*

Guest Goodear

Keep it clean?

Not after Smarkdown my friend... not after Smarkdown.

OF COURSE, POSTING THE MATCH WOULD HELP JUDGE!

:)

Well I hope you ended up writing, cos I certainly didn't. So we are going with crazy pissed-off Ejiro, right? Just so I know, does that mean that you're going to be going all-out to hurt me, including pentiforous cheating?

Rolling elbows for everybody~! Nice card. Man I've collected all these Puro matches (I'm sure Williams just had a heart attack) and all I can think of is spordiac clapping. ...Collapsing, lots and lots of collapsing. ;)

Wild Ride, Landon gets up, Crash Landon, WC gets up and shouts, Wild Ride, Landon gets straight up, Crash Landon, Wildchild gets up and shouts, palm strike, both men collapse.

If I were on this card, I'd make sure to include my delayed sell.

Get dumped on head, roll through, pop up, shotei, collapse. Convulsions optional.

If I were on this card, I'd make sure to include my delayed sell.

Get dumped on head, roll through, pop up, shotei, collapse. Convulsions optional.

I'll do it for you. Everyone should just write me in the hallway, no-selling chair shots and then in my match, I get to the ring and suddenly fall down, and Jay Hawk(e) gets the pin.

Oh yeah, Stats updated on the boards... I'll get around to the site soon, I hope.

::dodges the Yakuza kick::

Judge used to talk about building up a particular move as incredibly deadly... like the Demonstar was built, never using it, just talking about it... and then busting it out in a match, only to have it no-sold completely. The guy with the big move ends up losing, and it's never mentioned again.

Until two weeks later, at which point the guy is cutting a promo and suddenly collapses in a heap. (Y)

Guest Goodear

I surely did write and send it in and do all the good Jesus-type things. But then not only does my match not get posted... NO match gets posted. This just freaking figures, the few times I actually get hyped for something it just sits in a inbox or something for days. Fuck it.

Toxxic head butts Melissa.

Tah dah.

Guest Goodear

I call opening PROOOOOMO that no one in the audience will understand ;)

I remember when NTD had his cruiserweight tournament at Budokan, and Galatea as a masked wrestler (It might have been something like The Masked Man) won it. He came out to Faith No More. Yay Galatea!