TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

5/20 & 5/27 Impact Spoilers

Richard Trionfo called in the following results from the TNA Impact! taping at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida:

Impact! airing 5/20:

*They open with a video recap of The Hard Justice PPV.

*Monty Brown pinned Sonny Siaki.

*Terry Taylor interviewed Tracy Brooks and Michael Shane, who brag about setting up Chris Sabin and Trinity. Brooks tells Shane she thinks he needs the X-Division championship.

*Mike Tenay interviewed NWA champion AJ Styles. Styles discussed his first challenger being Abyss. Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown came out and AJ challenged Jarrett to a rematch right there. Abyss hit the ring and gave Styles a Black Hole Slam. America's Most Wanted and Sean Waltman made the save.

*In the back, Dusty Rhodes announced the main event for Slammiversary - AJ Styles defending the NWA championship in a King of the Mountain match against Jeff Jarrett, Abyss, and a Wild Card competitor.

*Raven came out and confronted NWA championship committee member Larry Zbyszko demanding to be the wild card. They brawl and Raven DDTs Larry. Raven ends up suspended and "quits."

*Backstage, Ron Killings questions BG James about being late at the PPV.

*TNA X-Division champion Christopher Daniels pinned Cassidy Riley. Michael Shane and Tracy Brooks attack Daniels before the bout. Chris Sabin get involved.

*NWA champion AJ Styles is in Dusty Rhodes' office, where he announces Jarrett & Brown vs. AJ and a partner of his choice for "next week." The partner will be Sean Waltman.

*Team Canada's Petey Williams and Eric Young defeated America's Most Wanted.

*Abyss pinned Chris Sabin. Michael Shane superkicked Sabin as the referee was distracted. Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown did commentary at ringside.

TNA Impact! for May 27th

*Ron Killings & BG James defeated America's Most Wanted when Killings pinned Chris Harris. AMW argued after the match as James Storm had tossed a chair into the ring and Killings ended up using it. Killings says he wants to deal with the issues between he and James right now. The Outlaw hits the ring and clotheslines James and Konnan makes the save.

*Terry Taylor tries to interview America's Most Wanted about their dissension and they blow it off.

*Zach Gowan pinned Romeo with a moonsault.

*Terry Taylor interviews Chris Sabin about Michael Shane. Trinity shows up and says she wants revenge on Tracy Brooks.

*Lance Hoyt pinned Bruno of Phi-Delta Slam. Scott D'Amore (who was doing commentary) notes on the house mic that it's Hoyt vs. Team Canada's Bobby Rude at the PPV and challenges Hoyt to fight him. Bobby Rude hits the ring and attacks Hoyt from behind.

*They announced it will be TNA X-Division champion Christopher Daniels vs. Michael Shane vs. Chris Sabin at the PPV.

*Terry Taylor interviews The Naturals and they note that they are defending the belts against Team Canada at Slammiversary and that "he" (that unnamed Legend) has taught them how to be winners.

*NWA Tag Team champions The Naturals defeated Lex Lovett & David Young. Team Canada came after The Naturals after the match and laid them out.

*Terry Taylor interviewed Jeff Jarrett and Monty Brown.

*NWA champion AJ Styles & Sean Waltman defeated Jeff Jarrett & Monty Brown when Styles pinned Brown with the Spiral Tap after Jeff Jarrett hit Brown with the guitar by accident. Jarrett and Brown had words after the match.

RANDOM THOUGHTS: Interesting match-ups being set up for the PPV. Looks like the Naturals are officially faces now. That ought to be interesting. And it looks like they are either going to split AMW or turn them heel based on a losing streak. I hope Sean Waltman isn't the fifth entrant into the KotM match. The X title match should kick all sorts of ass...I have been waiting to Sabin and Daniels hook it up ever since Daniels won the belt. I'm glad to see Monty being prominently featured again....hopefully that's a good sign for his negiotations.

are they sure Outlaw clotheslined JAMES. that doesn't make sense to me.

I hope AJ doesn't start using the spiral tap as his finish.

Thanks 4 postin that.

The show actually seems a little more acceptable here, barring the fucked up logic of booking the KotM match at the PPV.

Most importantly: Raven wanting to get back into the main event picture?? YES!! I'll watch Impact this Friday just for that segment alone.

Dammit, why is Zach Gowen on the show? I was hoping it was just a one time appearance on the ppv.

Poor Abyss...just let the man have his one on one title shot already.

It looks like they are building up for the Monty turn. too bad it won't result in Monty winning the title.

And am I the only one who thinks Lance Hoyt being over is just a running joke with the TNA marks? Seriously how could they get into him that much, that fast.

Guest Desperate Housewife

The guy does a 6'9 Moonsault. What's there not to love. Seriously, if Vince McMahon got his hands on the guy, he'd make billions.

Ok realistically, he'd be stripped down to WWE Style and they'd take the moonsault away, but still

Hoyt is an acceptable midcarder and maybe someday somewhere even an upper level player if extremely used right, but never can be really be a main eventer, moonsault or not. There are tools missing like promo skills and in general, that intangible (charisma? uniqueness?) to connect with the fans completely. He's just the typical trademark guilty pleasure of the Orlando crowd- kind of like how the ECW fans in Philly treated Hack Myers back in the day. Or how ECW fans in general just loved Roadkill, who seemed a decent enough workers with a nice set of moves and spots that the fans fucking ate up, but certainly anyone thinking he could actually draw is delusional. With that said, looking forward to a Roode-Hoyt feud, as they can probably find a way to elevate both guys in their singles career from a program.

Anyway the next two weeks of Impact certainly look acceptable. The ppv looks ok but I hope Damore doesnt blow his load in pushing the fuck out of Team Canada now that he is heading up creative. All of them are solid talents, but they need to be left as midcard fodder under the current lineup for the faction. Alot of other guys need work before those guys. Team Canada v. Naturals, nothing I am certainly creaming myself over. They need to just get on with it and turn either Gunn or BG James and team them back up. Neither guy prospers in singles and having them back as a team would add some freshness to the tag scene. Also, I think its a given at this point that they must be ready to turn AMW heel. 3LK v. AMW might be interesting.

Sabin and Shane being shifted into feuding also with Daniels will make for a good match, and then when Shane and Sabin finish their feud, pencil in Sabin for a long term feud with Daniels. Skipper also will likely be in line for another shot at Daniels too. The X division stuff and in general, how Daniels has been used, has been tremendous lately.

I have to be honest and say I am not very excited about Styles as champion and kind of didnt want him to win the belt at the ppv. Jarrett jobbing out the title at the Anniversary show would have made much more sense - to either Brown or Styles. I thought to build an almost year run as champ with Jarrett is foolish to at least not TRY and make it when he gets beat actually special. Instead this kind of came off as a whole as just kind of there, and although it was cool to have Ortiz involved, there was so real significant build to this match in the first place and I kind of thought to myself that this whole last year was pointless with Jarrett as champ if it just went back to Styles anyway. Not to say Styles isnt championship material but I thought a longer build for him to get the belt from whoever (I would have much done Brown beating Jarrett and then Brown jobs to Styles later in the year) would have been nice. For what its worth, their match on the ppv was ok and the last 5 minutes was very good, but the rest of the match seemed like the same old Jarrett-Styles stuff we've seen for a few years now.

So now they are going to have a King of the Mountain match at the next ppv. Good idea but again I go to why Jarrett couldnt have jobbed out the title HERE instead. Having Jarrett up against a bunch of others would have sold the TNA fans who want to see the belt off Jarrett (which has to be 99 percent of us) more on the idea that he would have to be losing the belt here and you could have a handful of guys involved, so a finish would not be so predictable who would win the belt. Now as is I can't see anyone beating Styles in this, as it would be ridiculous to have Styles already job out the belt so fast, much like it seemed to be done last year around this time. Also it would have just added more of a logical storyline and irony to the world title picture that Jarrett would have won the title and then lost it in a King of the Mountain match.

Dont get me wrong, I'm happy Jarrett isnt champ anymore, but I just think the execution to get it off him was so horribly done. They have spent month after month with reasonable opportunities to do it right and they didnt. The whole Monte Brown thing for example. So then when one of the only times come around where he shouldnt have lost the title, then they do it. Go figure.

It looks like they are building up for the Monty turn. too bad it won't result in Monty winning the title.

And am I the only one who thinks Lance Hoyt being over is just a running joke with the TNA marks? Seriously how could they get into him that much, that fast.

I still have some small semblance of hope that Brown could still win the title at their big super duper ppv show which I think is planned for Sept if I recall correctly. If he turns quick here and is used strong til Sept and takes on Styles then, it could work. Of course the first step is having Brown over Jarrett convincingly in a program and that might be an impossible task.

I hear ya about Hoyt, like I said in my other post, its just one of those deals where he is the Orlando crowds Hack Myers of sorts. I'm sure there is 3/4 of that TNA crowds there that are regulars to the shows so they will always go gah gah for Hoyt. Now if TNA ever ran any other shows anywhere else, I think we'd see a different reaction.

Great post redjed, i've been saying the same thing, but they just pass me off as a jarrett mark.

It's nice to hear the same thing from someone who doens't love Jarrett, maybe when you say it, you won't get bashed and people will finally realize this Styles title swap...at this time...was a mistake.

That "super duper show"...well, TNA wants Slammiversary to be that big show, so I don't think it'll be in September.

No - there is a current plan in tact for their WrestleMania of sorts to be in the fall. The Anniversary show is definately a big show they are trying to build, but not THE show.

All right, we'll see...and to the Hoyt thing, I agree that he probably would get a different reaction elsewhere. But maybe elsewhere would see the crowd cheering for him in Orlando and would say, "Hey, they cheer for this guy, maybe we should too."

I think I've read that the crowd cheered for Hoyt first when he was still with Kid Kash, and Kash has that following so it wouldn't totally be a joke with the fans. Regardless, I find myself liking Hoyt and thing he can be a big part of TNA.

I watched Impact (late) last night for the first time in quite a while. I actually enjoyed the show for the most part. It seemed like they are building quite a few angles, where in the past I've watched and it just seemed like a bunch of random matches with no meaning.

The angle where Abyss teased joining with Jarrett and then turning on him at the end was good. I also really liked Raven beating up Larry Z (bu who wouldn't?). I hope he gets into the main event permanently. Still a little too much Jeff Jarrett on the show for my liking, but maybe he'll get injured at some point and we can all be done with him. (The again, has the guy EVER had a major injury? I can't recall him being away from wrestling for an extended period in the last ten years or so).

He's an iron man. I can't remember any injuries he's had.

But i like the way to booking team is going, except for the main event picture, it's nice that TNA might have more angles than 2 at a time for a change.

Today's Impact seemed to have more going on in one episode than the past 3 months worth of shows. I liked the way they told multiple stories, and even though Jarrett was on the show a little more than I would have liked, I think TNA could be turning a corner booking wise. We'll see with how they fill the rest of the PPV line-up though.

What would you call that move that Chris Daniels did to Reilly before the Angle Wings, it was setup like a monkey flip but Daniels fell down with his knees on Reilly's chest. I bet Daniels was pissed that Reilly was using too many spots.

Good episode of Impact today. Oh man, Raven seeking the world title, that's awesome. I was just cracking up as he was beating up on Zybysko. I liked how Abyss turned on Jarrett, that was nice. Looks like the Sabin-Shane feud is gonna intertwine with the X-division title picture. Good storylines today.

Good episode of Impact today. Oh man, Raven seeking the world title, that's awesome. I was just cracking up as he was beating up on Zybysko. I liked how Abyss turned on Jarrett, that was nice. Looks like the Sabin-Shane feud is gonna intertwine with the X-division title picture. Good storylines today.

I thought it was a good episode too. I actually popped for Abyss hitting JJ with the Black Hole Slam, which kinda suprised me. And I love the way the Sabin/Shane feud is going so far. The Raven thing is interesting. I don't think they are going to put him in the KotM match because than it would be 4 heels and 1 face, but I do think it may set him up to challenge Styles in July. Also, it was good to see the crowd pop for AJ and for once, it seemed like Jarrett was getting legitimate heel heat as opposed to go away heat.

This was a pretty good (really good by TNA standards) episode with a nice mix of some good matches and angles. This actually felt like an A-Show instead of a B-Show for once.

If this is what I can expect from the new booking committee, they've got me back watching every week.

This was a pretty good (really good by TNA standards) episode with a nice mix of some good matches and angles. This actually felt like an A-Show instead of a B-Show for once.

If this is what I can expect from the new booking committee, they've got me back watching every week.

Amen to that - I had my reservations on a new committee as I thought the last Impact tapings Rhodes booked was pretty strong, but I think by that point Rhodes was all but done anyway and perhaps a lot of people from this committee were writing that too, or at least offering a ton of input to Rhodes.

But yeah this was a fun show to watch, for once I didnt really fast forward ahead on my DVR on anything. Everything had purpose, guys were getting their characters some substance to them, and there was generally just alot of stuff happening.

It's really a shame Impact is going dark now as I saw this week's show already (it was on late last night) and I thought it was pretty darn good. The main event had a "big" feel to it for sure.

I need to tape this impact, so i can get my Jeff Jarrett fix anytime i want when they go off TV.

saw the show late last night as well. Surprised to see Sabin get some speaking time. The main event set up a nice rift between Brown and Jarrett, so I think they're just gonna go at it in the match instead of working together.

Yeah they are really building heat between them which has to mean a Brown turn. I certainly would have done the whole turn differently in the first place but still it is good to see it happen, as long as Brown then goes over Jarrett to lead to a title match with Styles later in the year, which will be $$$ if they do it right.

Also, to be fair to JJ, he worked real hard in that tag and looked way better than usual workrate wise.

Has Michael Shane gotten better? Or does he still wrestle like a WWE cruiserweight?

Let the number of chinlocks he still does in some of his matches be the deciding factor on that.

Anyway, the new booking committee is definitely making TNA watchable once again lately. I hope Jim Duggan and Dave Nelson don't end up buying TNA and fuck TNA up again with their favoritism towards Jarrett, though.

Man...FSN switched from Southwest to South so they had no showing of Impact. They played games from the SEC baseball tournament. GAHHH!!! I was all ready to tape the last Impact on FSN, but NOOOO, they had to go and NOT SHOW IT!!! Good riddance to FSN. They really tried to fuck over TNA. Thankfully TNA will be going on to better and brighter places, though we don't get WGN here in Southwest Louisiana :angry: :( :angry: :( :firing: Cox Cable