TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest BernieLicious

Jericho - After 'No Way Out'

Guest BernieLicious

Since Jericho losing at 'No Way Out' is pretty much a given, what role do you think he will play after the pay-per-view?  It's obvious that the WWF has very little confidence in him now, since he is relegated to the second match on RAW, facing Edge and still not being able to cleanly win.  Sure, you could argue the Horseman theory, but even Ric Flair could beat Alex Wright and Craig Pittman without having to cheat.  Did Jericho even get any mic time to promote his match with Austin?  Nope.  Jericho did nothing for me as a champ.  His character probably was the strongest during the late stages of the Invasion, but since it has kinda fizzled.  After 'No Way Out', I believe that Jericho probably will be feuding with the likes of Edge, Rikishi, and other floundering midcarders who the WWF has no idea what to do with.  I cannot see the WWF not going with the money match at Wrestlemania - HHH vs. Austin.

Guest nwawildsidemark

I see him as going back to mid card land-never to be pushed big again.

Guest Kinetic

Absolutely.  Jericho will NOT lose at No Way Out.  He's finally managed to get over as a heel, and with the proper build-up a Jericho-HHH main event can draw just as well as an Austin-HHH main event.

Guest theWCWRaider

Jericho wins at NWO, because of the NWO.

If for no other reason than if its Austin Vs. HHH at Mania, then who does the NWO fight?

Just makes sense for Jericho to go over.

Wait it makes sense for Jericho to go over...maybe I'll have to rethink my pick?

Guest BernieLicious

Get over as a heel?  Am I watching the same shows as everyone else?  I believe personal preference is blinding everyone.  Jericho will lose at 'No Way Out'.  It's better to face reality now than spend three days afterwards bitching about it.  His role on WWF programming has steadily decreased the last month.  He has not been made to look like a credible champ in any shape or form.

Guest BernieLicious

I don't see any reason why the nWo would care one way or another who wins the match.  For all intents and purposes, they could do a run-in after the match and destroy everyone, which would go more along with the whole "poision" angle.

Guest Tony149

Austin stopped Flair from signing away his 50% of the WWF back to Vince. Vince will want to get Austin back. And there would be no better way to do it, then screw him out of the WWF Title.

Guest theWCWRaider

Ah, but Austin stood in oposition to the NWO in the first place.

He basically told Flair to tear up the contract, and told Vince to bring on the NWO...bam, instant feud.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Austin goes nWo at No Way Out.  I've been saying it since the tearing of the contract, and I apparently am the only one who thinks that...

Guest Tony149

I think it would be a horrible move to turn Austin heel. First last turned failed because the fans want to cheer him.

Guest theWCWRaider

The WWF is not going to turn Austin heel again, not so soon after turning him face from the last failed Heel turn. That would be a WCW esk maneuver...like when they turned Goldberg heel. Its just not gonna happen, IMO.

Guest dreamer420

Turning Austin heel is a terrible idea.  Last time the fans were just begging to cheer him as a heel.

Guest artDDP

The WWF is keeping the build on Austin much as they did on The Rock last month so that Jericho's win will seem like an upset and as the upsets mount Jericho will become more legitimized in the eyes of viewers, especially important when it comes time to headline his first WrestleMania.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Austin as a heel again would be awful.

And it's pretty much a given that Jericho will win. Just like it was a given he'd beat The Rock.

Jericho/HHH IMO is more unpredictable than HHH/Austin.

Guest Tony149

I can see HHH beating Jericho, unless the WWF decideds to swerve the smarks at WM by letting Jericho win.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

HHH will beat jericho for sure, they really need to start reversing the trend of heels winning at mania.  also, i think that by mania, jericho wil have achieved all he needs to as champion, and can move into a topcard fued, possibly against angle and the returning benoit.

Guest Tony149

His last turn was great, but not for business. The fans wanted to cheer him. I think some fans stopped watching the WWF after SCSA turned heel.

Guest Brian

I'm not to sure the WWF will have Jericho loseat WrestleMania. It makes a lot of sense, both backstage and business-wise, that they'd have Jericho go over. Plus there's a lot of factors like WrestleMania tradition, whether it will be restored or not, that make it hard to predict.

Guest Some Guy

Jericho should beat Austin cleanly with the Breakdown, after cheating a lot of course but without interference and multiple situations where he should have lost like RR.  After the match nWo can beat up Austin or whatever but not cost him the match.  That gets his finish over and makes it look like he might have a chance against HHH.  Putting HHH over at Mania seems to be the obvious choice.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think that BernieLicious is either an idiot a mark or both.

I wish I knew someone who thinks the way that you do...I could make a fortune betting on who will win.

Guest TheMikeSC

I acually see Steph giving Jericho the win, setting up Jericho v HHH at WM.

No way Steph can't be involved in the ME of the show.

-=Mike

Guest Tony149

I see Jericho winning at NWO after the nWo cost Austin the match. Then at WM, they should have Steph help Jericho win setting up a HHH/Jericho Cage Match at Backlash. Where after HHH wins the title the nWo beats the shit out of him in the cage.

Guest BernieLicious
I think that BernieLicious is either an idiot a mark or both.

I wish I knew someone who thinks the way that you do...I could make a fortune betting on who will win.

An idiot?  It takes a big man to sit behind a computer and talk shit about someone.  Especially regarding someone's opinions about wrestling.  Oh, I'm an idiot and a mark for thinking Stone Cold will win at 'No Way Out'?  Wow, you certainly have put me in my place.  When I take criticisms from socially inept wrestling geeks seriosly, I will be the first to call you.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

There is a difference between "opinions" and "predictions"

While an opinion can not be stupid...a prediction can.

Guest Tolwyn

Since I believe Austin & Rock will be feuding with the NWO at WM18 HHH is the only credible candidate for the Title.He's in the WM 18 ME so one way or another Jericho is going to retain the title at No Way Out.