TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

TheSmartMarks.com Donation Bucket

*Just to clarify*

The ignore feature is something every member gets. The Mod’s or Admin's don't click ignore and then all your post are turned off to everyone else but you and then your wondering why no one is responding. It’s someone every member gets to block certain posters. So if someone blocks you ONLY that person doesn't see you. I am sure there are more details on that, we will soon find out.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

I wonder how long until says they didn't see a warning from a mod because they had them on the ignore list?

I post a message board with the ignore feature. It's a great and useful feature, but in the end I found it's best to ignore no one. You miss a lot of entertainment that way.

Hahahaha, that’s funny. *CoulterWasMurdered

I think the warning system sends them either a PM or an E-mail when they are warned. Man, I was going to add you to my block list, but after that comment, I think I will let you hang around some more. ;)

When you put someone on ignore you will still see where they have posted but the content of their post will be replaced with 'You have chosen to ignore this poster, click here to un-ignore or here to view this post only'.

Members ignore other members by clicking on a link to 'Ignore member' on said members profile.

Guest Brian

If you want to help but not donate, I assume clicking on the banners would be a nice little contribution.

That works too. ;) I am not suppose to day that, but I guess it doesn't keep others from saying it. Its a forum, what do you expect? Please spend some time in the site it takes you to if its something useful. I am not sure how they pay besides the number of clicks, but i know some days the clicks are worth 1 cent each and others its worth 5

FYI: Public service ads are usless, they don't pay. Its just apart of Gooooogle

Guest cosbywasmurdered

I think the warning system sends them either a PM or an E-mail when they are warned. Man, I was going to add you to my block list, but after that comment, I think I will let you hang around some more. ;)

*sigh*

I wasn't refering to the new warning system. I meant The Rules guidlines and such. If I put say, KingPk (who's working on a new rule guidline) on Ignore then would I not never see these new rules when he posted them?

FYI: Paypal, if you create a new account and have it verified, I believe still gives you a 5 dollar bonus. If nothing else, its a cheap (no cost) way to help the site

Actually they now charge you $2 to have it verified but refund the money.

Guest Vitamin X

I've given more money in the past year to panhandlers, probably, so why not the site?

I threw in what's left in my bank account until my next check, anyways. It's something.

*sigh*

I wasn't refering to the new warning system. I meant The Rules guidlines and such. If I put say, KingPk (who's working on a new rule guidline) on Ignore then would I not never see these new rules when he posted them?

You'd see the topic but when you click on it his post would be replaced with a screen saying you are ignoring KingPK, to un-ignore him click here, to view this post only click here.

And yeah, when you warn someone there's an option to Auto PM or Email them with the reason.

Guest Vitamin X

That'd be nice. I'd like to know why I'd be getting ignored, as would any other poster, I'd think.

That'd be nice. I'd like to know why I'd be getting ignored, as would any other poster, I'd think.

If another poster is ignoring you, then they have no obligation to tell you why. If a poster is getting suspended or the like, however, they probably should be told why.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

*sigh*

You'd see the topic but when you click on it his post would be replaced with a screen saying you are ignoring KingPK, to un-ignore him click here, to view this post only click here.

And yeah, when you warn someone there's an option to Auto PM or Email them with the reason.

Okay, cool.

Now why would anyone consider ignoring lil' ol' me?

And if you want to find out why a poster is ignoring you, you're probably going to have to ask the poster since that's their decision, not a staff decision.

Guest Vitamin X

If another poster is ignoring you, then they have no obligation to tell you why. If a poster is getting suspended or the like, however, they probably should be told why.

Good point.

And if you want to find out why a poster is ignoring you, you're probably going to have to ask the poster since that's their decision, not a staff decision.

That's more what I'd want to know.. Would you be able to see a list of people who are ignoring you?

Can you make the donation process a contest of some sort? If someone is dedicated enough to the sitwe to make a large donation, than perhaps they are dedicated enought to have moderator under their name. I mean like the largest donation recieved, maybe over 100 dollars...or at least enough to gaurantee the person wont be shelling out the money JUST for the power on the board.

Umm...NO. You definitely shouldn't be able to "Buy" a mod-ship. Donate because you want to , not because you'll get something from it.

We're not that idealistic. Everyone wants to be a mod so they can feel powerful, abuse their powers, be hated by the rest of the posters for abusing powers, then be forced to step down, and throw a hissy-fit about how hard it is to moderate YOU people.

Should there be specific rules on a board for being a moderator though? Each one seems to operate differently. One person, for example, might go ban-crazy and just kick whoever he doesn't like. Others may hide their true feelings on a subject in the interest of fairness. Some may have found that the power they received was pointless when an admin who has grown disinterested in the board's subject matter and decided that the board isn't fun for him anymore shuts it down because of his own opinion.

Guest Brian
We're not that idealistic. Everyone wants to be a mod so they can feel powerful, abuse their powers, be hated by the rest of the posters for abusing powers, then be forced to step down, and throw a hissy-fit about how hard it is to moderate YOU people.

You people? What's that supposed to mean?

Some may have found that the power they received was pointless when an admin who has grown disinterested in the board's subject matter and decided that the board isn't fun for him anymore shuts it down because of his own opinion.

Oh bitch, bitch, bitch. I didn't shut it down. You could have stayed. And it had a good run.

Also, don't donate.

Some may have found that the power they received was pointless when an admin who has grown disinterested in the board's subject matter and decided that the board isn't fun for him anymore shuts it down because of his own opinion.

Oh bitch, bitch, bitch. I didn't shut it down. You could have stayed. And it had a good run.

Also, don't donate.

Aww, I'm just funnin'. You know I heart you, Czech.

Guest DVD Spree

Just threw $20.00 in the bucket. I'm buying a house right now, so money is tight, but as a TSM founder member I owe it to you guys to contribute what I can – I'll chuck some more in when I have it.

Since, I currently do not have admin, I can't change the top of the board. But we are at $140 donated and $45 Remaining. :)