TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Comments which don't warrant a thread.

That's not a chow dog... Here's one with people for scale purposes.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/52248939.jp...55A1E4F32AD3138

that first dog seemed to have some chow attributes.

if they really cared, they'd make some sort of special mass for him and others, like parents with babies and toddlers, and the really severe dee-dee-dees. so that the regular quiet people can have their mass without interuptions.

Hey, motherfucker. Don't use "dee-dee-dee." It's fucking stupid. It's the stupidest fucking thing in the world. You should be ashamed of yourself. Fuck.

Guest Vitamin X

Carlos Mencia was an awful replacement for Dave Chapelle. He was awful in and of himself, but substituting for Dave? Fuck that couch.

QUOTE (Тайг

@ Jun 1 2008, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's not a chow dog... Here's one with people for scale purposes.

http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/52248939.jp...55A1E4F32AD3138

that first dog seemed to have some chow attributes.

Maybe. The dead giveaway is the tongue, though. Not purple enough. Looks more like a Beefeater than anything else.

Something very stupid was just said here.

Pay no attention to it and drive on.

Knowing who said it...I'm not suprised.

QUOTE (Тайг

@ Jun 2 2008, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mencia is fucking awesome, stfu.

Let me start this off by saying I like a LOT of different comedy, from Will Ferrell to The Kids in the Hall to Richard Pryor to Dane Cook. I tend to see the best in what these people are doing and even if I don't think it's all that funny, I learn from it. Dane Cook, for instance, can take a joke that most comics couldn't sell, and he'll milk it for every single drop of humor and do it with enough energy to get the room laughing so hard it shakes the windows.

The ABSOLUTE BEST thing I can say about Carlos Mencia is that his stand-up act is high energy and is sometimes funny. He also had this section at the end of one of his shows where he spoke frankly about racism, without making jokes, and talking about why he makes so many racial jokes. I thought that was pretty cool.

Beyond that... he is the WORST comedian who has achieved any significant amount of success in his field. He his loathed by other comedians at a level that I have never witnessed before. When I was performing at The Comedy Store he was brought up and it was like Nuremberg... and he came up at The Comedy Store! That's his home court! You could call them bitter, but there were some very succesful comedians back there who hated him too! He steals jokes for his comedy act, and that's fucking horrible. It makes you an instant-fuck-up and nearly irredeemable. I've also heard that he isn't that funny one-on-one, which is forgivable (neither was Phil Hartman, evidently) but it isn't a good sign.

His sketch comedy show, Mind of Mencia, is the worst thing I've seen on television. I mean that sincerely. I've tried to watch it several times and I can't understand why anyone would bother watching it. It is horrible at first glance, it is horrible over time, it is horrible as red meat, it is horrible in an academic sense. His jokes are cheap, one-dimensional abominations that rely on racism, shock value and cultural fabrications and are executed in such a stale way that they make second-hand dime-store joke books seem fresh. Yelling a lot and saying "beaner" isn't a joke.

Finally, "dee dee dee." This is his signature! His calling card! This is something I'm pretty sure I was using to make fun of retarded people when I was in grade school! I mean that. Maybe it wasn't "dee dee dee" but it was fucking close, and it carried the exact same meaning. It's unforgivably unfunny. People who like it are less intelligent than people who don't. It's that simple. Dumb people think this is funny. I don't think that about anything else on earth! I think people who believe in Bigfoot or love new country music or DVR Flavor of Love or read into Coheed and Cambria lyrics or follow Dave Mathews Band around the country or fuck animals or believe in 30 different gods can still be intelligent people (they might be, they might not be) but ANYONE who thinks "dee dee dee" is funny, is a fucking idiot. A FUCKING IDIOT. They also posses woefully underdeveloped senses of humor and are only funny when observed physically and NEVER when taken audibly.

There may be some spelling or punctuation errors there. I wrote it pretty quick and I'm not fine-tuning a rant about Ned fucking Mencia.

That's the perfect way to describe the dude, Tzar.

And to add to Mencia biting people's jokes, man, look up George Lopez and Joe Rogan talking about him on Youtube. Rogan calling Mencia on his shit to his face is fucking awesome.

....and that's cool if other people have their own opinions. i'm not the type to go around and call people stupid when they have different opinions than i have. just putting that out there. i should really stop though before i get banned or something.

....so, how about that Gallagher?

afterthought on joke stealing: it's older than the idea of comedians even. since the first caveman told a joke, there was someone there to re-tell it. let me parade some big 'comedy' names that have been associated with stealing jokes... Dannis Leary, Bill Hicks, Robin Williams, Milton Berle? all jokes are just variations on other jokes. i'm trying to refrence this story i heard where a comedian won a suit on joke theivery by proving there were only six jokes, and the rest were variants on those. which may be bullshit, because the stroy doesn't seem to exsist on the intenret...

time to stop again.

Carlos Mencia is the hispanic Larry the Cable Guy.

Frankly, that is insulting to Larry the Cable Guy (and this is coming from a David Cross lookalike/fan!).

QUOTE (Тайг

@ Jun 3 2008, 10:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

....and that's cool if other people have their own opinions. i'm not the type to go around and call people stupid when they have different opinions than i have. just putting that out there. i should really stop though before i get banned or something.

afterthought on joke stealing: it's older than the idea of comedians even. since the first caveman told a joke, there was someone there to re-tell it. let me parade some big 'comedy' names that have been associated with stealing jokes... Dannis Leary, Bill Hicks, Robin Williams, Milton Berle? all jokes are just variations on other jokes. i'm trying to refrence this story i heard where a comedian won a suit on joke theivery by proving there were only six jokes, and the rest were variants on those. which may be bullshit, because the stroy doesn't seem to exsist on the intenret...

time to stop again.

Variations on jokes are cool with me. "No Idea is Original" and all that jazz.

But Mencia has straight up stolen entire 10 minute spots from other comedians' routines. Bill Cosby and George Lopez are the ones he bites from the most. He doesn't do a variation on the jokes at all, other then maybe changing one word, and that's usually just to throw in a beaner here and there.

That's just unacceptable. Paying homage or twisting an old joke into something new is completly different then what Mencia does.

Dude's a fuckin' hack.

p.s. I dig Gallagher.

Are we talking about the "itchy asshole" joke? Because that was a case of "rehashing an idea" rather than stealing a joke.

Usually, that's the retort of people who have been proven wrong. Just puttin' that out there

What ABOUT Gallagher? At least Gallagher did something original and smashed a watermelon.

afterthought on joke stealing: it's older than the idea of comedians even. since the first caveman told a joke, there was someone there to re-tell it. let me parade some big 'comedy' names that have been associated with stealing jokes... Dannis Leary, Bill Hicks, Robin Williams, Milton Berle?

So because they did it, it's OK for Ol' Neddy to blatantly take a joke someone else said, say "Hey...replace 'fucker' with Beaner, and we got a new joke!," and say said joke on his TV show like he made it up? C'mon. Denis Leary, Bill Hicks, Robin Williams, and Milton Berle may have "stolen" the joke, but they all made it their own because they're TALENTED.

all jokes are just variations on other jokes.

No. They're REALLY not.

i'm trying to refrence this story i heard where a comedian won a suit on joke theivery by proving there were only six jokes, and the rest were variants on those. which may be bullshit, because the stroy doesn't seem to exsist on the intenret...

That smells like bullshit to me.

time to stop again.

Please.

Side note: I used to like Dane Cook, but for some reason, he's just ridiculously annoying to me now. I will admit, his "three things every guy wants" bit will always make me laugh.

He became cool to hate... well... he became cool to hate on the internet or if you're a working comedian. I don't really understand why the internet hates him... it's the joke stealing rumor (which is way overblown with Dane Cook) combined with the whole phenomenon of hating what's popular. Comedians hate on him for his success, and because of his youth-groupy frat-boy personality... which is compounded by the fact that a lot of these young comics are the elite nerd types who shun anything modern that isn't Patton Oswalt or Zach Galifianakis (who are both great, I'm just saying.)

I think Dane Cook has some good material, but the thing that I really like him for is his ability to run a room. He played Madison Square Garden. He played The Boston Garden. He rocked them. His energy is transcendent, he's super physical and he uses that to grab a room by the throat. I really believe that most of the people who talk shit about Dane Cook would crack-up if they saw him in person, especially if you took away the 'DANE COOK!!!!!!!!11!!!DMB!!!1!!OAR!11!" aura he's got.

That wasn't addressed to you CCB, I just meant it in a general way... I don't really blame you for being tired of him. Over-saturation.

Meh, Andrew Dice Clay rocked arenas without doing anything, and he was awful.

Yeah, you don't like him, and I don't really either, but you're telling me you can't learn things about how to work a comedy audience from him?