TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GCWPatrick

Gateway Championship Wrestling

They were on a few of the Sunday PPVs but only in stuff like X schmozz matches...

Matt was in the X-Division gauntlet/Rumble thingie at the first Victory Road PPV, and I think Delirious was in a six-way X match at...(checks)...last year's Slammiversary. I think they were each on Impact once(Matt in a four-way X match, Delirious in a one-on-one match with Samoa Joe).

GCW results from tonight:

Jackal d. K.C. Karrington(w/ Tiffany LaFane) with a powerbomb to retain the Light Heavyweight Title.

The Submission Wrestling Assault Team(SWAT Team...or SWATeam?...anyways, Nick Tyson & Michael Serious) d. Cabal & Gary Jay when Serious pinned Gary after a German suplex/lariat combo.

Dingo d. Melvin Talent(w/ Jimmy Charisma); finish was Dingo doing a tornado DDT motion and kicking Charisma off the apron, but landing on his feet and executing the Dingo Driver on Talent.

Charisma(w/ Talent) d. Kevin X after a briefcase shot while Melvin distracted the ref; after the match, Kevin X announced that he's getting married but will be leaving GCW because of it. The locker room emptied to wish him well and send him off.

Kory Twist d. Bryan Monterro with the Fate Factor and Leap Of Faith. The two shook hands post-match and D.N.S. got on Monterro's case afterwards. Monterro took offense and D.N.S. beat him down, but Twist came back in for the save.

The European Union(Pierre Abernathy & Evan Petrie) d. Shorty Biggs & OuTtKaSt when Petrie low-blowed Shorty to set up the Culture Shock(modified Russian legsweep) by Pierre for the pin.

Heavyweight Champion Cameron Cage retained against Sean Vincent in a best-of-three-falls match. Vincent won the first fall with a cross-body off the top; Cage won the second fall with a small package. In the third fall, referee Keith Smith was knocked down and Cage tried to bring the belt into play, but Vincent got it and hit Cage with it...for a two-count. Keith was knocked down again and Vincent again leveled Cage with the belt, covering but not getting a count. Vincent hit the Sexy Elbow and Patrick Smalls ran in to count three...Vincent was seemingly the new champion, but Keith apparently saw Vincent use the belt after all. Keith, as the assigned official for the match, called it as a DQ win for Cage in the third fall.

Odd night; no Sadie Blaze or Sindy at all, plus the Watchmen group was broken up with the apparent face turn for Monterro. Attendance sucked rocks, but them's the breaks when you run in the summertime.

Sounded like an OK show. Cape show should be better, wish I could go, but I hear they are coming back to East Prairie in August maybe so its all good

It was kinda short and one-sided, but yes. They wrestled again at the ROH show in Chicago tonight, I imagine that one was a bit more competitive.

I'll have to track that stuff down. Delirious has been one of my favorite GCW wrestlers for years, right behind Makaze and OuTtKaSt (actually, I do believe the first GCW show that I saw was the weekly TV show that OuTtKaSt debuted on against The Ninja)

Credit to Slingshot Suplex for the Cape results:

Jackal retained against KC Karrington

Bryan Monterro destroyed Castaldi

Dingo defeated Steven Kennedy in a chair match ....really good match. Dingo delivered a Dingo Driver standing on 2 chairs and sent SSK onto one of them.

Michael Strider beat Shorty Biggs in a tables match by shoving Shorty off the turnbuckles through a table as Biggs was trying to superplex Strider.

Cameron Cage retained against Kory Twist in a ladder match. Twist was climbing the ladder when DNS attacked him, allowing Cage to grab the belt. Either this or Dingo/ Kennedy were the MOTN in my opinion.

Sean Vincent and Rebecca Raze retained the tag titles vs DNS

Cameron Cage retained the GCW title against Strider and Dingo when Strider suplexed Dingo from the inside to the outside. Both went through a table leaving Cage plenty of time to climb the ladder.

-----

Friday June 30th 2006

VFW Hall

6327 Lemay Ferry Rd.

Mehlville, MO.

Doors open at 7 PM Belltime at 8 PM

Tickets $8 in advance, $10 at the door

DOG COLLAR MATCH!

Dingo vs. Michael Strider

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH

Jackal© vs. Steven Kennedy

Rebecca Raze vs. MsChif

Shorty Biggs & OuTtKaSt vs. Nick Tyson & Michael

Serious

I know someone on the GCW message board said that GCW was planning on doing another show in East Prairie but I forget when...ugh.

GCW results from Mehlville last night

The show kicked off with Sadie Blaze calling out Bryan Monterro, telling him to get his head back on straight after recent events. Monterro seemed to just take the verbal abuse, but stood his ground and refused to leave the ring with Sadie. Sadie slapped him and Monterro then decked his manager. D.N.S. hit the ring, but Monterro fought them off and stood tall in the ring.

In a non-title match, Light Heavyweight Champion Jackal defeated returning former champion Jynx in a non-title match, getting the pin after hitting the Killswitch #2.

Trent Stone won a handicap match against the European Union; the Euros argued over who would get the honor of scoring the pinfall, leading to Stone recovering and spearing both men at once for the dual pin.

Shorty Biggs & OuTtKaSt scored the victory over Nick Tyson & Michael Serious when KaSt pinned Serious after the Case Study.

K.C. Karrington(w/ Tiffany LaFane) notched a tainted win over Tag Team Co-Champion Sean Vincent; Vincent fought out of a superplex, but Karrington pushed the referee into the ropes to knock Vincent off-balance. Karrington then hit the Lap Of Luxury(Stroke) off the top rope for the 1-2-3.

Rebecca Raze scored a big victory over former Light Heavyweight Champion MsChif, hitting the Shining Raze out of nowhere for the hard-fought win.

Melvin Talent(w/ Sadie & Jimmy Charisma) defeated Bryan Monterro after Charisma interfered, assisting Talent in delivering a version of the Royale With Cheese off the turnbuckles.

Kory Twist defeated Heavyweight Champ Cameron Cage(w/ Sindy) by DQ; Twist had Cage in a submission hold in the middle of the ring, but D.N.S. broke things up for the blatant disqualification. The beatdown ensued, but Monterro ran in for the save.

Dingo won a hard-hitting chain match against Michael Strider, scoring the tapout win with the Cattle Mutilation. Dingo toughed it out even after being dropped on his head with a cradle back suplex...he reversed a suplex onto a ladder set up across two chairs, then hooked the submission hold for the win.

I think they're only selling DVDs now...best thing I could suggest is drop an e-mail to the promoter and request a particular old show.

As you saw, Jynx returned at the Mehlville show.

I've seen Rat Boy attending the shows but I don't know if he's coming back to wrestling or not.

Some pretty big matches coming up for current and former GCW folks in August...

In IWA-MS on Saturday 8/12, Delirious will be going one-on-one with Low-Ki. BAHK BAHK BAHK DON'TKICKMEINTHEHEAD BAHKBAHK BAHK...

In NWA Central States on Saturday 8/26, Dingo will be facing A.J. Styles. Most tremendous.

In IWA-MS on Saturday 8/12, Delirious will be going one-on-one with Low-Ki. BAHK BAHK BAHK DON'TKICKMEINTHEHEAD BAHKBAHK BAHK...

~! I hope that one gets put on DVD. I saw Delirious vs. CM Punk's hour draw and it was simultaneously hilarious and awesome.

"That's clearly not Delirious!" awesome

Unfortunately the August shows are off due to some licensing issues with the state. The recent LWA show lost about half its scheduled wrestlers for the same reason. :P

-PB

I live in St Louis, and I used to get GCW on public access on DirecTV when I lived at my last house.

At my new crib, with comcast Cable, I can't find it.

Somebody help me out?

Unfortunately GCW's been off TV for quite a while now...I've heard they're working on bringing the TV show back, but I'm not sure when or on what channel.

-PB

GCW's been on a break, but a GCW competitor has picked up a couple of huge wins in Kansas-based NWA Central States. In early June, Dingo picked up a win over ROH competitor Colt Cabana.

Last night, Dingo had a dream match as he went one-on-one with A.J. Styles. Styles appeared to have the victory with the Styles Clash, but the 20-minute time limit expired. The fans and wrestlers both wanted five more minutes and it was granted to them. A series of pinfall reversals ended in Dingo scoring the huge upset win over the former NWA World Champion!

-PB

GCW's been on a break, but a GCW competitor has picked up a couple of huge wins in Kansas-based NWA Central States. In early June, Dingo picked up a win over ROH competitor Colt Cabana.

Last night, Dingo had a dream match as he went one-on-one with A.J. Styles. Styles appeared to have the victory with the Styles Clash, but the 20-minute time limit expired. The fans and wrestlers both wanted five more minutes and it was granted to them. A series of pinfall reversals ended in Dingo scoring the huge upset win over the former NWA World Champion!

-PB

Awsm, any of the Dingo matches going to be available on DVD?

-PB

Awsm, any of the Dingo matches going to be available on DVD?

Once they're available, you can probably order them at http://www.nwacentralstates.com/

Wouldn't surprise me to see GCW sell a few of them at their live events...when Strider's booked, he sometimes brings NWA:CS videos with him for the merchandise table.

-PB