TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bruiser Chong

Six Years Ago Today...

Guest news_gimmick

I think that night is still vivid to us all, I know it is for me. Watching that show after they announced he died was just the oddest thing, it was so unexpected.

Yeah, I didn't realize it until I looked at some wrestling media forums and noticed everybody was posting stuff related to that night. I wondered why, and then I remembered.

Guest Stunt Granny

I took a crap just now and a little piece of it floated back to the top, I shed a tear.

RIP Owen

This isn't meant to be a dick, so I apologize if it's construed that way ... but do people actually MISS a wrestler that died, the same way that they miss a family member or friend that died?

Or is it just a feeling of sadness over someone dying?

This isn't meant to be a dick, so I apologize if it's construed that way ... but do people actually MISS a wrestler that died, the same way that they miss a family member or friend that died?

good question. I am not sure on that one. Personally for me it's a feeling of sadness over someone's death. Of course when you are such a huge wrestling fan, when any guy/girl dies, it feels like losing family somewhat but not quite.

I think more people have pretended to like him since he died to get sympathy, cuz in 99 before he died, I don't remember that many owen fans on the net.

I think it might be the cause of death that really gets to us all, as it was a stupid and pointless way to die.

:cheers: to Owen.

It hits me a bit personally just because I'm friends with his family. I never got to meet him but I grew up watching him and he always was my favourite wrestler.

I miss him all the time, a lot of things would be different if he was still alive. It's such a shame.

RIP Owen.

I really don't think that it's the same way as a family member or a friend dying. I mean, whenever I hear "May 23" I'll think of Owen as the same of "August 1" with my grandfather.

It's hard...I mean, we don't know these people on a personal level, but at the same time it's like we've known them all our lives.

Yea me too. Just like when I hear October 5 and I think of Brian Pillman. But those are the only 2 dates that I think of a wrestler's death for some reason.

Surprised no one complained how Bsichoff had a ECW Funearl on Owen's anniversary.

Um..I'm posting this very late in the game, but Owen's death hit me very hard because at that point I was just getting into pro wrestling. I watched the first Smackdown(the special, before it became a regular show) and I saw him as Blue Blazer, and I was somewhat familiar with him because I had played(and at that point I think I owned) Warzon, and I woke up the Monday afterwards and turned on the news and it was like oh my God, you know? My mom couldn't understand why I was so upset, but well, I've been very lucky, all my relative have had long lives, so I hadn't had to deal with any of them dying at that point, and no one I really cared about at the time had died(at this point I was mostly a Star Wars/Star Trek geek), so it was the first time someone I actually knew and cared about had really died in my lifetime. R.I.P. indeed