TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

TSM Board DRAWMUH~! 2005

Alright...it's been a crazy couple of weeks, hasn't it?

Well, it's time to come clean and let you know exactly what the hell is going on here before anyone jumps to conclusions.

First and foremost, I am STILL the Owner of TSM and I promise you ALL that unless I am physically incapacitated, I would never sell TSM without informing the entire board first.

Second, the blame for this is partially on my hands since everyone knows that TSM hasn't exactly been my priority as it once was. This has been a very big wake up call and I will make a very conscious effort to be available more often to the staff, the board and to the site.

Within the past year, it has been a very difficult transition leaving everything that I knew behind to move up to CT and try to make a life of my own. In doing so, I've lost a lot of valuable free time that I once had and I haven't been able to dedicate myself to the site the way I originally intended.

A couple of months ago, due to a number of things that were going on in my personal life, as well as the constant strain of the server bill was slowly persuading me to leave TSM behind. However, I refused to pass TSM to someone else who I didn't feel had TSM's best interests in mind or didn't have the financial capacity to keep it going. I expressed my feelings to a number of the staff, privately, as well as to Mike The Admin, who I will get to in a moment.

Keep in mind please that my intentions were never EVER to abandon TSM. It means too much to me for me to do that. I wanted to give it to someone who would care for it as much as I would...but sadly, I don't believe that anyone could match the expectations that I was looking for.

So, I then attempted to try and lower the strain on my wallet that the former server was putting on us. Due to the history that I have with Mike as well how long he's been involved with this site in every incarnation its ever had, I asked him to try and find a more reasonable server, one with more power, yet less cost. He found one that would definitely do that and a couple of weeks ago, the transition was made to the new server.

Here is where the problem came in. Obviously, the server costs money and in order to switch it, there was a large up front cost that needed to be taken care of first and foremost. Mike was willing to put up the money as I struck an agreement with him to make monthly payments to him, very similar as to what I was doing directly with the server company prior to the switch. Needless to say, the money that he put up front was definitely substantial...and a lot more than Popick put up a few years ago :)

With that being said, since I have been hard to get a hold of recently (online) and since I had expressed feelings of selling TSM, Mike thought I basically bailed on him and stuck him with a large bill. I can definitely understand why he would be upset by that and those of you who have seen how long I have been absent for can see why that was a realistic conclusion to come to. Since no one was willing to take the reins, he did what he felt was right for the site at the time.

My main gripe was that I was not informed of these changes and I felt that all of my time, effort and hard work was taken from me. I saw that my member title was changed, I wasn't the only person with my powers stripped away and I felt as if TSM was stolen from me and I wasn't about to stand for that. The domain name was no longer in my name either. I said some pretty harsh things about Mike because of it, especially since I couldn't get a hold of him (how ironic) and for that, I do apologize. I felt betrayed and I got VERY upset, which is when the shit hit the fan, so to speak.

After a few hours of frustration, I was finally able to get a hold of him and I'm glad to say that the conversation went a lot more civilized than I pictured it would go. To his credit, Mike immediately apologized and admitted that he did overreact with the changes that he made and attempted to implement. As far as I am concerned, there is no longer any animosity on my part towards him as I truly do not believe that there was any malice in his actions. I would like to make it absolutely clear that when push came to shove, Mike gladly stepped up and did the right thing. We spoke and agreed that everything would be transferred back into my name and I would make the necessary monetary compensation to make sure that this would not occur again.

Now, from here, it seems that rumors of what I believed had occurred had spread out and people were definitely upset. Someone went into the Admin CP to try and do what they felt was right by restricting Mike's powers....and just like I did a few years back, completely messed up and ended up suspending almost everyone with any kind of moderating powers, including Mike. Thankfully, we were able to fix that problem and we are back where we should be.

Now, there were a number of Mike's ideas that should be implemented and there will be some changes made in the very near future. Obviously, we had a bit of a communications breakdown as well as a technical one. That is one of the major reasons as to why the forums actually should be upgraded. The money that has been donated is going towards the upgrading of the server and is *NOT* being pocketed by anyone. The donations are welcome as the upgrades would definitely benefit everyone here. The ads will stay up for the time being to try and generate a little bit of revenue and ease the financial strain that the site poses. I would encourage everyone to click on one from time to time just to help out, even if you can't contribute monetarily.

Another very important thing that occurred tonight is that myself and a few of the other moderators finally exchanged phone numbers and such to make sure that there are no more miscommunications in any way.

As it stands right now, the staff on the site is currently being re-evaluated. The only people that have Super Administrator status right now are myself, Sass, Dr. Tom & Illistrious One (SurreaList). Due to the controversy of what occurred, I felt that it was necessary for Mike to step down as the Admin of the board with Ill One taking over most of his duties. I will still work with him in an advisory capacity for some of the technical aspects of the board, such as the forums upgrade and whatever else could possibly happen in the future. Once again, I want to reiterate that I believe he had the best intentions in mind for the board itself as he's been here since SK ran this place and has learned quite a bit about the technical aspect of running a site.

So, to make a long story short...I'm back, everything is fine and it took me thinking that I lost TSM to realize just how much it means to me and I will definitely show that to everyone in the near future.

Damian "Dames" Gonzalez

TSM Owner

Guest BrokenWings

Thanks for clearing things up. Glad to have you back.

Cheers.

Cripes. Every "meltdown" TSM has ever gone through was because of some sort of massive communication breakdown.

I think Mike is an okay guy too. But I promised loyalty to a Dames led TSM, not one led by someone else. I wish Mike the best.

All seems good now.

Guest Brian
The money that has been donated is going towards the upgrading of the server and is *NOT* being pocketed by anyone.

REP-AR-A-TIONS! C'mon dames, you know the man owes us our due.

Just to let everyone know, this is my new name... No longer "Admin"

Thanks for everyone’s e-mails & PM's as combined I received approx 325.

Please don't expect replies except the ones asking me on a date.

My number: 800-258-2766, yes it’s my business line.

FYI: Clicking on the Ads DOES help, however technically we aren’t suppose to say that. So please do spend time on their websites as I have found many to be useful, such as the $30 @ overstock.com one.

Edited by Mike the Admin

So, this is like the RAW the night after Survivor Series 2001, where the universe was restored and Vince turned heel again?

On a side note, I vaguely remember that the 'Kiss My Ass Club' was started on that same night. Draw your own conclusions.

Even with drama, TSM is among the best boards on the 'net.

Says something about the leadership and posters and whatnot.

Okay, good to see the six-month check-up from Dames. A couple of empty posts in the wrestling folder and he'll have met his quota for the summer and first part of fall.

Guest Fook
I saw that my member title was changed

Looks like Dames really isn't unfuckwithable.

Guest cosbywasmurdered
Why is Ill an admin again?

The guy was pretty bad the last time he was an admin, and he even admitted that.

Because he knows what he's doing when it comes to the technical side of the board. and if he's admitted that he made some bad choices before, than logically one would think that he wouldn't do so again.

If Brian can't swing dance, he automatically wins.

Damn right I automatically win. You any idea how many broads you can get just by being able to dance?

Vote POPICK for board savior. He'll hook you up with broads.

Damn right I automatically win. You any idea how many broads you can get just by being able to dance?

No, I meant Brian would win.

OOPS.

YOU LOSE.

FATALITY.

PWNEDOPICK!

Why is Ill an admin again?

The guy was pretty bad the last time he was an admin, and he even admitted that.

Because he knows what he's doing when it comes to the technical side of the board. and if he's admitted that he made some bad choices before, than logically one would think that he wouldn't do so again.

Yep, totally agree. Ill knows exactly what he's doing.

Real quick.

Yes, I made some bad calls and I recognize that.

My position on the staff is majority tech related, so hopefully you'll see very little of me in the future.

I came back because Dames told me he was going to be around more consistently and that was that. We'll see how things go.

OOPS.

YOU LOSE.

FATALITY.

PWNEDOPICK!

Economists don't take well to grammar.