TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest scratch

Does anyone else think Lance Storm is overrated?

Guest scratch

I don't know, it's just something about him.  He has no charisma and wrestles the same match every week.  He just bores me.

Scratch

Guest scratch

I just don't see the big deal over him.  He sucked in ECW, unless he had someone good like Lynn or Guido to carry him to a good match, his WCW run was less than stellar and his WWF run is a joke.

Scratch

Guest theWCWRaider

Um, I don't know about his ECW stuff, but I can say for sure that he was one of the best performers when he was in WCW. The thing is, with Storm or anyone else for that matter...they can only perform in the conditions the booker give them.

Its hard for Storm to have a good match, with some of the rediculous stips that were put on some of his WCW matches. (Penalty box match, anyone?)

It wasn't stellar work, but it was good considering the circomstances.

Guest Tony149

I thought Storm did well in WCW. He was very over at one point, but bad booking hurt him.

Guest Some Guy

I really like him as a worker but his punches are the shits.  He also tends to miss on some kicks.  He brags about never hurting anybody but sometimes it seems like he never hits anybody.

Guest RickyChosyu

Storm was great in WCW, and was probably the last chance they had at creating a star before they went down.

In ECW, Storm was ions ahead of Guido, and better than Lynn, too.

In the WWF, he carried Edge to the best singles match of his career and has had great matches when actually given the chance. He's probably the most wasted worker right now, if anything.

Guest dreamer420

I don't find him that boring.  His matches are all pretty good (given the proper time) the only thing that is boring is his promos.  Stick him with Kurt Angle in a promo or two and let his comedic side shine.

Guest nwawildsidemark

Storm is an excellent wrestler-true he has almost no charisma, but how can a guy who gets no push be overrated?

Guest artDDP

Storm isn't the most exceptional of workers as his kicks aren't refined and his punches seem to lack precision, but he'd be a great addition to the WWF's Intercontinental title picture and his mike work in WCW could be enough to get him over in the very personality-driven WWF.

Guest Tony149

They should give Storm a "Mr. Wrestling" (Not the wrestler) gimmick. He denouces Sports Entertainment and will take wrestling fans to school to show how the business should be. I think that could get Storm over huge.

Guest The Mighty Damaramu

Guido? Lynn? HAHAHAHA.......anyways........how the hell can Storm have a good match if he's given 2 minutes on Heat every week?

Guest Odyssey Wing

hes not overrated... hes not even over to wwf marks!

i like lance storm, cuz he doesnt take steroids! haha

Guest scratch

I meant overrated by the Smark community.  Everyone sings his praises and I just don't get all the hoopla (sp?).  I did enjoy his match with Edge at Summer Slam 01, but I am an Edge fan, and thats pretty much the only Storm match I can watch on tape.

Guest Some Guy

"His matches are all pretty good (given the proper time) the only thing that is boring is his promos"

I think the line, "If I could be serious for a minute" is a could heat getter and fits his gimmick perfectly.  The line about being as "illegitimate as a three legged donkey" and his follow through was pretty funny.  He bumps very well and made Rock look good in their RAW match.  But as I said before the punches need work.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Storm has good mic skills.  He just is never allowed on the mic.  He is certainly better than someone like RVD or Benoit on the mic.

Guest J*ingus

I think Storm is overrated in the ring.  Yeah, he's a great athlete, but his moves rarely look like they actually hurt.  He's so graceful and smooth that his wrestling doesn't look like violence, and that's a bad thing.

Guest Tony149

I think Storm being more mat based then brawling is a good thing. If the WWF gave him a "Mr. Wrestling" type gimmick where Lance used holds and different moves to wear down the guys he's facing instead of brawling. I think he could get over.

Guest TheBigBadBootyDaddy

Mr Wrestling vs. Mr. Perfect

that would DEFINETLY get over. IF they werent both "heels," and I say that in quotes, because I'm not sure how the Mr. Perfects "cheating perfecty" will get him over as a face or heel

Guest Tony149

I don't get Mr. Perfect cheating to win. If they were trying to get him over as a heel, there's a better way that could of been done. Mr. Perfect is supposed to be "Perfect". NOT cheating to be perfect.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't know why they abandoned his Austin program.

When he said to Debra "Your husband is great...but he's not Perfect"  I marked out like a little bitch.

Guest Tony149

I agree. I thought a Perfect/Austin feud could of gone places, but the WWF dropped it.

Guest J*ingus

Well, Austin kinda has to finish this whole Undisputed World Champion thing before he can feud with a guy who's spent the last five years either as a WCW midcarder or out of action.

Guest Tony149

They could of given Austin a mini-feud with Perfect before getting to Jericho. Or they could of done an angle where Austin had to beat Perfect to get his Title shot at NWO.

Guest MoneyIvezaj

I think internet fans give more credit than he deserves. and i would rather watch Guido or Jerry Lynn wrestle.

Guest scratch

bps21, so what if I'm an Edge fan?  I enjoy his work, think he is funny on the mic and has a good look to him.  Does that make me a mark?  Thing is, I don't really care if I'm considered a mark because I like Edge and dislike Storm.  There's something called an opinion, and everyone is entitled to one.

Scratch