TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest cobainwasmurdered

The brock isn't so great thread

Guest cobainwasmurdered

I really am getting tired of some people on this board and other boards obsessing over Brock. Yes he has a great look and has potential.

But it's not like he's a phenom that will take the wwe by storm. He has some real problems: his matches are repitive, he uses only three or four moves total, his push is so simaler to Goldberg's that his matches spark Goldberg chants.

So I see the potential of Brock but I think everybody expects way too much from this rookie.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

A:  He's not over.  And no...getting another wrestler's name...who doesn't even work for the company chanted is not over.

B:  He has yet to string together any kind of a competent match...lets face it.

C:  This unstoppable monster...just lost already...so he's not Goldberg redux...he's just a big guy who can't even go over the freakin Hardys clean.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Booyah.  Closest he's come so far was some decent selling of the leg in Raw's match against the Hardys, but after that he went down way fast.  Build one way or another, but build him somehow.  Currently Brock is a 290-pound lump of goofy face on scary body that hasn't impressed at any time but during run-ins.

Let me also add to this thread: someone make sure Heyman isn't miked during Brock matches.  Christ, he didn't shut up for the entire 2 minute shitfest of a match, and it was already enough.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Thank God, I'm not the ONLY one who's annoyed by the Brock worship. The guy is flat out boring, looks like a mutated Crash Holly, and that twirling powerbomb is fucking annoying.

Guest The Vanilla Midget
I really am getting tired of some people on this board and other boards obsessing over Brock. Yes he has a great look and has potential.

But it's not like he's a phenom that will take the wwe by storm. He has some real problems: his matches are repitive, he uses only three or four moves total, his push is so simaler to Goldberg's that his matches spark Goldberg chants.

So I see the potential of Brock but I think everybody expects way too much from this rookie.

of course people are exoecting too much too soon, but it is pretty easy to get excited by the guy

also, he has only really shown 4 moves because he has only been in 2 minute matches as you said.  give him 15-20 against believable opposition (ie non-cruiser/tag team) and then i will make my judgement.

but i am certain i will mark like absolute crazy when he pulls out the SSP!

Guest Some Guy

I am disappointed with Brock and how they have handled his push.  I knew and said from the start that the Goldberg chants would come during his matches.  The way to syop them is for him to be better than Goldberg and he isn't right now.

I and I think most people assumed that he would be a 300lb Kurt Angle with his ameteur background.  I didn't think he could be that good but i assumed he would be close.  And he's not.  The WWF can't seem to decide whether to give him a Goldberg push a typical WWF push where they puch him hard for a few weeks until he starts to get over and then they cut his legs off because of back (coughHHHcough) stage politics.

Lesnar's upside is not as clear to me now as it was before he wrestled.  He sold way to much for a guy that many fans consider to be a Homo and his shitkicking brother.  They should have gone ahead and had him squash both the Hardyz at Judgement Day instead of making a dumb ass tag match where the finish is most likely going to be Heymen getting pinned by one of the Hardyz.

Ediwn when was Heyman commentating for a Brock match?

I think Brock is still cool but they are fucking up his push when he selling for everyone and there grandma.

On Raw throughout BROCK~!'s match you could hear everything Heyman was shouting clearly.

Guest J*ingus

It seems like the "exciting young OVW prospect" Brock and the current "clumsy Goldbergesque power wrestler" Brock are two different guys.  He never does that infamous SSP, he doesn't seem too strong for such a huge guy, and he shows NO sign of having any skill at mat wrestling, despite his college credentials.   Where the hell did all that talent go?  We were expecting a taller Kurt Angle, but instead got a paler Ultimate Warrior.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Even after a month and a half in the fed, he really hasn't had a match longer than what, 2 minutes?  I didn't get Backlash, so I missed whatever junk happened there, but there just hasn't been much of a chance for him to do anything.  I think they're trying to get him over as a monster on minimal time allotted, and that's just not gonna work.

I'd say give him 8 or 10 minutes to work with the Hardys at Judgment Day, but christ, who wants to see that?  I'd at least get him in there with a guy who can string a match together, sort of like what Smackdown's been doing for Orton with Storm and Holly.  The Hardyz have always been out and out tag guys, and they just don't do singles matches all too well.  Till then, Brock remains Lord Lumpy.

Guest Anglesault

How sad is it that heyman is probably the best wrestler there tonight? BrockBerg is boring, and Hardy Girlz never were all that good, but they are stale a shit now.

Guest Black Tiger

Brock impressed the hell out of me when he first showed up, with all his power moves. Now its getting boring. If he has such a great NCAA background then for god's sake LET HIM USE IT!

No way in hell Heyman really fights, he'll pull the old "leg injury" deal and either go 2 on 1 or have a substitue.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"He never does that infamous SSP, he doesn't seem too strong for such a huge guy, and he shows NO sign of having any skill at mat wrestling, despite his college credentials.   Where the hell did all that talent go?  "

Welcome my friend....to the WWE style that we've all heard so much about.

Guest nWoScorpion

Brock sucks, simple.

So what he's got an amueter background. Look at Angle. He pratically blew ass his first 5 months in the WWF.

Brock been pushed against the likes of The HArdly Boyz & Shawn Staziak. How ipressive.

I say put him on Metal and run in every match.

Do the Sid WCW streak. Run in, have your ref, count the 3 after a powerbomb or soemthin.

Guest dreamer420

He has disappointed me a little lately too.  I had not seen a picture or anything of Brock until he entered the wwe.  When he was running in and killing people every week it was terrific because he never actually had to work a match.  Now that he is working matches, his offence it really weak in some points, his selling skills are mediocre (except for the chairshots from the hardy's)

Guest FakeRazor

I really can't judge Lesnar in ring yet.  Every match he's had so far has been a squash match.  You can't really get a feel for a guy's in ring ability until they've had a serious match.  Once Lesnar gets a formidable opponent, then I'll judge him.

The problem doesn't lie within Brock, at least so far, its with the bookers.  They're booking him as a monster ultra destructive guy, but that gets boring and repetivive.  Give him a straight match soon, and then I'll judge him in ring.

Guest dreamer420

Every match isn't a squash even though it should be.  The guy is a monster with an incredible look but his skill are somewhere around the level of Brutus "The Barber" Beefcake.  His matches are the same moves over and over and he almost looks lost in the ring.  Give him a year or two.

Guest Ace309

Okay, people... this is the hardest thing I've ever had to say, so please don't point, laugh or throw garbage.

But...

Brock Lesnar has dis...

He's disa.....

disa..........

HE DISAPPOINTED ME. :(

I still hold out hope that he's got technical talent that will allow him to wrestle great matches with proper build BEFORE he Spiral Bombs guys through the mat, though.

Guest dreamer420

Fuck the spiral bomb.  I want to see that beast hit the shooting star press.  That will be impressive than 1000 shoulder tackles in the corner every match.

I think Brock is duller than dirt, too, but, as someone has already said, this is more the bookers' fault than his. I'm not standing up for the guy--he bores the shit out of me--but I don't think his lousy matches are entirely his fault.

Guest dreamer420

It's funny how in ECW the fans would chant GOLDBERG when Rhino would spear someone too.