TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Redhawk

I'm sure someone's made this joke already

Guest Redhawk

I wasn't around the boards too much when the whole Hardy/Lita/Edge thing broke, but I was watching WM 17 on tape today and got to hear JR's classic "Lita jerking Edge off..." quote. Now I'm sure someone had to have mentioned this when the latest story broke, right? Was JR trying to tell us something even back then?

there was a sign during a Demolition vs. Twin Towers match that said "Demolition will level the Twin Towers" with a picture of the WTC in flames

there was a sign during a Demolition vs. Twin Towers match that said "Demolition will level the Twin Towers" with a picture of the WTC in flames

Wow.

Wow.

that was summerslam 89 and it was actually Demolition/Duggan vs Towers/Andre, still crazy, considering that I actually bought the tape used about a week after 9/11.

On a 2000 edition of the Weekend Update on SNL, stories about a plane company, Usama bin Laden, and the WTC were all shown in order.

What doest hat have to do with wrestling you ask?

Well, The Rock was hosting the show that week.

On a 2000 edition of the Weekend Update on SNL, stories about a plane company, Usama bin Laden, and the WTC were all shown in order.

What doest hat have to do with wrestling you ask?

Well, The Rock was hosting the show that week.

Ever see the skit the week following 9-11 with people's lives that had changed indirectly from 9-11? The only two I remember were two guys who lost a lot of business:

Al Gezera's Quality Used Cars.

And a guy named Old Sammy who made ladles and bins for industrial waste. Old Sammy's Bin Ladles took a huge hit after 9-11.

Tell me more about Duggan, please.

I think "planet Jarrett" will actually become a reality when the United Nations decide to elect a World President. He's a shoe-in.

Besides, I'm growing bored with "Earth"....it's time for a change.

SNL also predicted the second Iraq War during a skit in December 2000.

But really- this could've been posted in the other 900 Matt Hardy threads

SNL also predicted the second Iraq War during a skit in December 2000.

I'm going to go so far as to say that The Simpsons predicted it as well, in the "YVAN EHT NIOJ" bit, where they clearly say Saddam and Drop the Bomb.

I need to see this.

To further take this nonsense off topic.

Dream Theater released a live album on 09.11.01 and it was a live in NYC. The cover art was a shot of the planet Earth engulfed in flames; with the New York skyline sticking out of it (if that makes any sense). The album was recalled the same day, all things considered. And, working in a record store at the time, Dream Theater fanboys were buying the record en masse, in order to get it before the whole shipment was sent back.

And I think that's kind of fucked up. To be concerned with the inevitable collectibility of such things given the circumstance.

I wasn't around the boards too much when the whole Hardy/Lita/Edge thing broke, but I was watching WM 17 on tape today and got to hear JR's classic "Lita jerking Edge off..." quote. Now I'm sure someone had to have mentioned this when the latest story broke, right? Was JR trying to tell us something even back then?

Yeah I made that joke way back when I got a semi pop on this board for doing so.

But the Matt/Lita/Edge drama is really quite old now.

Guest BobBacklundRules

Coup.jpgDream_Theater.jpg

The artwork is completed for the album 'Party Music', to be released around early- or mid-September by the radical hip-hop group Coup. The cover illustration depicts explosions in the World Trade Center Towers at approximately the floors that were hit three months later. The band's label pulls the image off their website within hours of the 9/11 attacks and postpones the CD release to November. Weirdly, the print run for the cover was scheduled for September 11. [sound.Sep.14.2001 / hiphop.Sep.13.2001 / wired.Sep.13.2001]

The cover art for 'Live Scenes from New York' by the rock group Dream Theater shows the WTC and the Statue of Liberty engulfed in flames over a big apple wrapped in barbed wire, resembling a sacred heart. The CD is released on Sep.11 but is immediately yanked from the shelves until the cover can be redesigned. [hiphop.Sep.13.2001]

(No WWE relevance)

Who is Usama and why is this a topic?

Alternate spelling of "Osama".

If you're still confused, I can't help you.