TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jingus

Upgrade Feedback & Errors

I know admin said he was gonna make one of these, but I gotta run and do some errands so I want my voice to be heard NOW bah gawd.

Three specific problems I noticed:

FIXED - 1. The weird centering of the posts has it so that the "reply", "edit", and "quote" buttons are shoved way off to the right, and it stretches the screen out.

WORKING ON IT - 2. Despite all the recent upgrades, the board actually seems to be loading slower than before.

FIXED - 3. The old collection of cartoon wrestler avatars seems to have gone AWOL. No more Mr. Pogo avatar for me? :(

Aside from those, everything looks good so far.

Edited by admin

What was added that we should know about?

A lot, :) you will find out over the next few weeks as we deploy the new features and styles.

Edited by admin

FIXED - Group icons need to be uploaded (the "moderator" gifs) and so on.

Is version 2.1 Alpha 3 of InvisionBoard available to you, and if so do you plan to upgrade? Or are you waiting for 2.1 to go final?

We will wait until the final comes out, the alpha is very buggy and it will take us some time to fine tune v2.0.4 I would estimate that v2.1 is about 3-6 months away from the final release.

Could you center the banner ad at the bottom of the main page and right-allign the banner ad next to the TSM logo at the top of the main page?

Yes, I will do the bottom one, the top is a bit harder and I am working on figuring out the way they coded things in this version.

Spoiler tags need to be reimplemented.

The "Last Post Info" column on the index page should be the same size for all subheadings - right now the width is different for many of them.

Edited by admin

Guest Fook_Theta

Significantly slower so far.

Spacing between topics is much wider and personally I liked them closer together.

Still plenty of time to fix :blossom:

Significantly slower so far.

Works great here.

Suggestion - for the sake of appearance, would it be possible to delete the following information from the top of the index:

DVD Releases: Week of May 17th by R. Flagg

Raw from JHawk's Beak (5/16/2005) by Jared "JHawk" Hawkins

Movie Reviews: Hitchhiker's Guide, Kingdom Of Heaven & In Your Hands by Struan Mackenzie

The Royal Treatment: Smackdown (5.12.05) by Peter Kostka

That's not to take anything from the writers, but there's already a link to the main site in that space and I'm sure those who frequent the columns already know how to access them.

Yes, I will do the bottom one, the top is a bit harder and I am working on figuring out the way they coded things in this version.

I noticed the new TSM logo.

You could always just edit it and stretch the end of it an inch or so - which would effectively push the banner ad over to the right.

I have temporary disabled that since it uses two extra queries to the DB. Its to see if it makes a speed difference or not.

I have temporary disabled that since it uses two extra queries to the DB. Its to see if it makes a speed difference or not.

Could you disable postcounts from showing up in threads.

It would serve the same purpose, and at this point I don't think many people would care.

The post # up in the corner is useless.

Its so that you can link DIRECTLY to the topic & post. If you click it, it displays the hyperlink.

And the lo-fi version of the forums is cool except for the fact that you cant actually post in that view. It loads much faster than the "hi fi" version which is nice for people like me who are on slow dialup.

Edited by admin

FIXED - 1. The weird centering of the posts has it so that the "reply", "edit", and "quote" buttons are shoved way off to the right, and it stretches the screen out. 

No, still doing the same thing.

Guest Fook

Don't have the subfolders of each folder show up on the main page since the Archives folder has about 30 of them and it distorts the page.

I don't think that's much of a problem myself, since it offers easier access (Like I won't have to click the main OaOast link to get to the HD folder, for example).

Yeah, I'm going to have to look around a bit to figger out what the hell new there is. We're discussing some stuff right now, so expect some changes over the next couple of weeks.

FIXED - In the upper left section of the post, where it has the date, it'll say "today" or "yesterday" for posts made today or yesterday (duh). Can that be changed to display the actual dates instead? Edited by admin

Re-Enabled, it doesn't seem to be a problem and if it does slow it down on load, its to the slightest.

Is there a way to see who's browsing a thread when I'm in it? Currently that feature appears to be absent.

Edited by admin

FIXED -

In the upper left section of the post, where it has the date, it'll say "today" or "yesterday" for posts made today or yesterday (duh).  Can that be changed to display the actual dates instead?

Unchangable. <-- BTW, NOTHING is impossible or unchangeable. :)

Is there a way to see who's browsing a thread when I'm in it? Currently that feature appears to be absent.

An admin can re-add that in the ACP.

Thanks for your support and comments, asnewring things before I can. Maybe you should be admin.... J/K.

Edited by admin

Could you please reinstate the 10 minute buffer we used to have for editing posts before "edited by GreatWhiteNope at 6:00" appeared?

Now if you go back to edit something right after you posted, the "edited by" tag appears.

EDIT: ^ Example.

PK here: Uncheck the box at the bottom (below the post options and post icons) that says "Edit Options *checkbox* Add the 'Edit by' line in this post?

Might be just me, but apparantly, posts I read yesterday are still 'new posts'. Even when you refresh, leave the board or logoff.

Another minor annoyance...any way of putting Fast Replay on the right of Add Reply again?

Suggestion: At the top right-hand corner of the screen next to "Help Search Members Calender" could you place the words "Live Chat" with a link to our AIM chatroom.

The address for the AIM chatroom as found on the TSM homepage is:

aim:gochat?roomname=thesmartmarkschat

Edited by GreatWhiteNope

Sorry, the administrator has taken the search engine offline for the moment. Please try again later

Any chance on getting that fixed? Without that, the "View New Posts" link is pretty pointless.

Yes, currently the whole search engine side of the forums is down. I am hoping to have this issue resolved soon, but am working with some staff with IPB, which seem to be taking there time.