TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Hardcore Discussion & General Chat

Just a Heads up to get people’s opinion, Hardcore Discussion & General Chat are being considered to be merged. We are consolidating the forums a bit to clean it up and trash unneeded folders & combine ones which overlap.

Comments? Questions?

Guest Vitamin X

Why don't you consolidate more of the wrestling folders, get rid of the articles that practically nobody reads in the archives, and get rid of any threads that haven't been posted in in over a year, while you're at it?

If not, then HD and General Chat don't really need to be merged.

Why don't you consolidate more of the wrestling folders, get rid of the articles that practically nobody reads in the archives, and get rid of any threads that haven't been posted in in over a year, while you're at it

Just bring back the Food Folder already.

Both of these are already under consideration.

And trimming other areas of the board does not mean that GC and HD would not be merged.

Consalidate the other bullshit, but leave the wrestling folders alone.

This board is about wrestling first, and other stuff second.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

Since when? They've been trying to shed the wrestling board image for years.

I see no need to merge or really change anything. Maybe bringing back the food folder would be nice, but nothing else needs to change. I mean, I don't see many regular posters complaining that general and hardcore need to merge and the board certainly doesn't feel slow at all for me (expect for some people with those .gif sigs that are a bitch to load). There doesn't seem to be a need for any merging to me, so I just don't think it's necessary at all.

Guest Vitamin X
Why don't you consolidate more of the wrestling folders, get rid of the articles that practically nobody reads in the archives, and get rid of any threads that haven't been posted in in over a year, while you're at it

Just bring back the Food Folder already.

Both of these are already under consideration.

And trimming other areas of the board does not mean that GC and HD would not be merged.

Well that's good, but my point is that if you're going to do that, you might as well trim the other, more useless areas of the forums as well. I wouldn't be opposed to it in that case, but if there'll be no other change than that, as if HD was a wart on the ass of TSM (and it really isn't- it's certainly a different kind of place than GC is, I'm quite aware of what topics can differentiate from which folder to the other)

It wouldn't break my heart to see the merge.

And if you're trying to save board space, there's nothing in (...goddamn stupid name) GET YOUR LEARN ON! that couldn't be posted in general.

Guest cosbywasmurdered

There should be a poll about wether anyone even thinks there should be any merging at all. Enough people seem to be against it...

It's just not necessary, that's all. There's a fine line between narrowcasting too much where you don't have quite enough support for a niche (Get Your Learn On) and lumping too much stuff together to the point where it gets hard to navigate (One Wrestling Folder, Junk Drawer).

I think the only necessary merger would be Get Your Learn On and Comic Books/Literature, which would become Literature & Education, which would probably please the comic book people because they're always like "THEY ARE GRAPHIC NOVELS AND JUST AS LEGITIMATE AS ANYTHING ELSE" which isn't true but let them talk anyway.

In conclusion, STOP TINKERING.