TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Hardcore Discussion & General Chat

Should HD and GC be merged into one?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Should HD and GC be merged into one?

• Yes, both folders are very similar anyway
    • No, each has it's own identity and should be separate

Just a Heads up to get people’s opinion, Hardcore Discussion & General Chat are being considered to be merged. We are consolidating the forums a bit to clean it up and trash unneeded folders & combine ones which overlap.

Comments? Questions?

J*Wing has Hell, so can we call it "Purgatory"?

Also, I'd move Tape Trading to the top of General Wrestling and off of the main index.

Edited by GreatWhiteNope

We're thinking about calling the new folder "The Junk Drawer" because, as the name implies, it'll be a place for threads that don't really belong in any other folders. HD and GC are essentially the same, so why have them both?

And yes, I came up with that name. Rag on me if you want.

^ What he said. :) He comes up with the ideas most of the time. I just happen to be the one who gets the blame for things. :)

We're thinking about calling the new folder "The Junk Drawer" because, as the name implies, it'll be a place for threads that don't really belong in any other folders.

Then why don't you just call it "General Chat"...

I was for it at first, but on second thought, I'm so used to the folders being the way they are, and I fear change, and all that, so no, leave it be. General Chat is fluff news, personal lives, all that, Hardcore Discussion should be left alone so it doesn't infect General Chat.

And I'd expect the Junk Drawer would be moderated more strictly than Hardcore Discussion currently is.

So I'm also against it.

Well it won't be THAT much more moderated. People would have to adhere to the posting guidelines (which are being revised....yes, again) and wouldn't be a "safe haven" for trolling and flaming, but people can still goof around and stuff like that.

Guest Vitamin X

Why don't you consolidate more of the wrestling folders, get rid of the articles that practically nobody reads in the archives, and get rid of any threads that haven't been posted in in over a year, while you're at it?

If not, then HD and General Chat don't really need to be merged.

wouldn't be a "safe haven" for trolling and flaming

I thought flaming was allowed at TSM and even if it's not, shouldn't it be allowed in the HD folder, even if merged?

Like Czech, I fear change and I'm against all this merging and stuff. Leave everything as is,

I think the merger is a splendid idea.

What will those of you who "fear change" do when you go out and get a real job? Hell, my job is a steady diet of change, often with insufficient notice and barely adequate preparation. There's no time to be afraid of it.

People would have to adhere to the posting guidelines (which are being revised....yes, again) and wouldn't be a "safe haven" for trolling and flaming

Fuck. that. shit.

Jeez, Tom is talking like somebody's father in a cartoon.

The merger is a bad idea, because hardcore is a total crap folder, and if you merge it with general, you'll ruin general. But I don't really post here anymore either, so fuck it.

What will those of you who "fear change" do when you go out and get a real job?

That's the greatest thing anyone has said in the two years I've been reading these forums.

Edited by BHK

Guest BrokenWings
People would have to adhere to the posting guidelines (which are being revised....yes, again) and wouldn't be a "safe haven" for trolling and flaming

Fuck. that. shit.

Quoted for emphasis.

No one is saying you can't type out a flame. The point is, HD is no longer a safe haven for flaming. It used to be the Flaming Folder/NHB, and it was the only place on the board you could flame people to your heart's content. Now, with the no-flaming rule done away with, a separate place just to bash people isn't necessary. The harder edge that NHB/HD had isn't really there anymore.

Merging the two folders won't affect anything to any significant degree.

Jeez, Tom is talking like somebody's father

ward1.jpg

"You know, back in my day we didn't even have messageboards..."

Hell, if you're going to merge folders, just make TSM one big folder and call it "Shit"

Edited by Slayer

I don't like not having the option of turning off "This post edited by" either, but that's another issue entirely

Fuck. that. shit.

Quoted for emphasis.

Ever get the feeling you're talking to a brick wall?

Flaming is no longer forbidden (check the rules at the top of the forum); call someone an idiot all you like, there won't be any problems unless it's taken to an extreme degree.