TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Forums Upgrades, Progress, and Information

Ok, this thread will be one, which ONLY I or other staff posts in concerning the forums and the site. When maintenance is performed or features being added I will try to keep everyone up to date by posting here.

Also, below are the generous people, who donated their own money to make these forums a better place. (IPB v2 upgrade for a lifetime License)

Contributors & Important People

To start off with, tonight @ Midnight, I will be rebuilding indexes on the forums. This will last several hours and the forums could run slow during this process.

Edited by admin

Warning system will soon be implemented now, rules on how it works will be posted @ the top of the forums where it says

Also know as the board guidelines.

Thursday, June 9th, 2005 @ 2 A.M.

The forums will be closed for several hours while I re-index both the topics and post in hopes to re-gain the search feature. :)

As everyone can see, the forums now have many new skins. They are temporary, until we decide on which ones are used and wanted, and which should be trashed. Also the blog feature is now enabled. To use your blogs, Click "My Controls" > "Community Blog" > You should see a "Create My Blog" button and that’s it! You now have your own blog, which is accessible from: forums.thesmartmarks.com/blog/USER_NAME :) Have fun!

Today’s downtime starting @ approximately 4.23pm was a bit unexpected. The Data Center where the server is Co-Located lost power and their UPS systems seemed to of failed, causing the server to improperly shutdown. That caused the database tables which the forum runs from to be corrupt. Things should be back in order.

A problem at the DataCenter caused the server to lose internet connection from 11am - 4pm today. The problem was unknown, but everything should be working now.

Monday Morning on September 26th, 2005 I will be performing database maintence for up to several hours, getting ready for the IPB 2.1 upgrade from 2.0.4.

This upgrade was made possible by:

Contributors & Important People

Thanks! :)

Over the next few days, I will be doing testing on the conversion of the forums from v2.0.4 to the latest IPB version v2.1.*

This may cause slow downs on the site time to time or for it to be momentarily down.

Database maintenance will occur from 2am-8am today. This doesn't mean @ 2am the site will go down, but if you experience problems between these times, you know what is going on.

This week I am planning on doing the upgrade, the exact time/day will probably be announced later. Right off the bat, we will lose the extra skins, but they should come back shortly. There may also be intermittent down time which I perform other database maintenance before the upgrade.

I believe I have found the source to some of the problems in the past 24 hours. Yes, I know the site was probably giving some errors about not connecting and some other mess. :) No need to report them, hopefully by tomorrow I will have it running smoothly.

Just to let you guys know, over the next 72 hours, the Name Servers & DNS servers will be rolling over. This may cause site interruptions over this time period.

Later tonight, some unscheduled maintenance, due to load, memory & connection issues should be resolved. Site will be down during the maintenance, which should start around 1-2am. It should be finished within the hour.

I will be doing some last minute database maintenance tonight... Starting @ approx 2am the forums may be slow or down.

Just doing some cleaning and re-indexing...

The datacenter apparently had some reason to unplug the server, the person I spoke to said the UPS on it probably went out and needed to be replaced. It caused the forums to do the famous session error stuff. :) All should be fine.

Later this afternoon/night, hopefully after midnight I will be pulling the server down for 15-45 minutes for maintenance. I am adding a second Xeon 2.66Ghz CPU to the server.

The datacenter is having some switch & routing issues again, initially these started last night @ about 9.32pm and were resolved by 10.58pm. However they are still having some issues obviously. I spoke to them about 15 minutes ago and they do not have an ETA, but just know that the switch is having issues.

Forums now upgraded to v2.1.5

Hopefully nothing in the arcade has broken because of this upgrade.

I will be doing some server maintenance updates latter this afternoon. This site will be up and down during this period.

The Co-location facility is having some issues with the UPS systems and lost power. It seems things have been resolved.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Admin Mike

Database should be fully repaired and up and running.

Some server maintenance will be performed tonight starting @ 2am & ending @ 4am at the latest.

Some more good old maintenance tonight starting @ 2am... Yes, when the bars close and some of you try to get on TSM. Sorry,