TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Desperate Housewife

{Spoilers} House Of M

I didn't really "get" the ending, but I assume things will become clearer later, but god Emma Frost is a great character. Her blunt "Put Her Down" (Scarlet Witch) was damn hilarious. I burst out laughing and the guy in the comics shop just stared at me

It's shaping up to be a good story, but I still don't get why everybody needs to be involved in the story. I mean, the Hulk?! the FF?! Come on!! :angry:

It's shaping up to be a good story, but I still don't get why everybody needs to be involved in the story. I mean, the Hulk?! the FF?! Come on!!  :angry:

Well, it's a story where the entire Marvel Earth is apparently completely remade. It kind of makes sense.

I mean, it's a total sales thing, but as tie-ins go they're a lot less obnoxious than the Disassembled ones from last year that had NOTHING to do with Avengers Disassembled.

Magneto and Xavier didn't know what to do with the fucked in the head Scarlet Witch. The Avengers and The X-Men went to Genosha, with the aupisces of doing something, but Magneto/Quicksilver had taken Wanda and done a runner. They walked into this church thing, and then, IT'S ASSUMED, Witch let her reality ordering powers go to create a huge force field type thing that SpiderMan walked into and *poof* he's back in NYC, and his wife orders him outta bed to take care off the baby, and as he got out of bed, it was revealed that "she" was Gwen Stacy.

They don't work, period. And anyway, the boy asked what happened. It's been out a fortnight anyway

If anyone wants, PM me and I'll spoil Issue 2.

BTW, i liked it, although i saw the twist at the end coming. Saw Spiderman House of Men but didn't really dig it.

So is there any point to this story besides being a giant "what if"? Besides Cable and Deadpool and supreme power Marvel has really hit the shits now.

The sad part is that some of the regular book that aren't affiliated with the X-Men are actually pretty good. They just neve get any publicity because everythings OMG BIG X-CROSSOVER all the damn time.

So is there any point to this story besides being a giant "what if"? Besides Cable and Deadpool and supreme power Marvel has really hit the shits now.

Ultimate F4

Marvel Knights 4

The Ultimates

Gravity

Amazing Spiderman

Punisher MAX

The Pulse

Sure. Really the shits.

But it does kind of speak ill of Marvel that their big summer cross-over event is YET ANOTHER alternate universe story, because good lord we haven't seen enough of those in the last 10 years.

Actually, said return is pretty much the first lowlight of the series

Same here. Although I am kind of glad it was Clint comic back, and therefore not being the total suprise. I think there is still one more bigger one down the road.

Ultimate F4

Marvel Knights 4

The Ultimates

Gravity

Amazing Spiderman

Punisher MAX

The Pulse

Dude, The Pulse sucks. It's not even a pimple on the ass of "Alias", which it was supposed to replace.

I am not a dude.

Girls can't read comic books?

Cable & Deadpool kind of sucks. It was MUCH better when it was just Deadpool. Now I got to deal with the whole "Cable is the Mutant Messiah" bullshit.

Marvel's got a lot of problems, many of them currently the result of Bendis and some of the idiots ruining running the the X-books, but they still produce some good books. It's just that D.C. has been on fire the last couple years, and is really strong creatively right now, and thus Marvel looks really bad by comparison.

I wasn't aware Joss Whedon was ruining a X-Book

It's mostly Claremont and the X-Men editors. Although there are a ton of X-books now that are just bad or pointless. Gambit, Rogue, Nightcrawler, Kitty Pryde mini, Storm mini, etc.

Speaking of Joss, while Joss Whedon isn't ruining his book, his work is good, but it isn't phenomenal. Many Whedon marks, in their typical fashion, make it seem as if it's the second coming of Christ, but honestly, I think Mark Millar's work on Wolverine is better.

Can somebody post a brief recap of House of M ? Here in Switzerland, we have to wait like one year to read it ...

Basically, the Scarlet Witch has shaped Earth in a way that the mutants are the superior race over the humans with Magneto beign the absolute ruler using other mutants as his Cabinet, Police, whatever. Guys like Dr. Doom (a non-mutant) are somehow allowed to have some sort of position of power but as of right now he seems rather unhappy and you know he'll vie for some coup pretty soon. Supposedly, most of the heroes have gotten their "heart's wishes", meaning that they're living totally different lives than what we've known. For example: Peter Parker is married to Gwen Stacy (who obviously didn't die) and have a baby. Some heroes are dead (Mr. Fantastic) and some others have come back to life (Hawkeye), while Captain America is an old man. Wether this means the return of Clint on the regular continuity is unclear since Bendis states this isn't an "alternate reality" but is happening right now. Also, the only person who seems to have memory of what previously happened is Wolverine, who now has complete recollection of his past life, including his James Hewlett (sp?) Origin, probably as this was his heart's wish. Wolvie is the only one that knows something's going on.

Hopefully I've explained this nicely, please feel free to add/correct anything here.

Ultimate F4

Marvel Knights 4

The Ultimates

Gravity

Amazing Spiderman

Punisher MAX

The Pulse

The Pulse, Punisher and ASM? Oh please.

Yeah, alright, Punisher is tanking fast, if only because Ennis appears to be getting bored. AMS diverges wildly in quality, but is still infinitely more readable than Hudlin's MK Spidey. And I dig the pulse. How dare I.

Just my opinion, but "The Ultimates" is fucking awesome. Its the only book from that imprint I can still stand.