TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

Go to Gamespot and check out gameplay video number 10. Dick Dale's "Misirlou" on hard difficulty. You're going to need both a strum bar and fingers of steel to 100% that one on expert.

What the heck? 3 button chords?

I was following along and the thing that was giving me the most difficulty were the triplets where you have to hold a chord, pull-off real fast, and then hold the chord again.

Yep, 3 button chords. All the kids are into it ya know. "Strutter"'s got a bunch of them in the chorus, and I know the STP song (I know it, but I don't feel like typing it out) has some in the opening. I imagine the production team's going to include them in all the songs if they can get away with it. Interesting note on "John the Fisherman" is that Les Claypool actually gave the Red Octane crew the master recording of the song to use. So, you're going to be playing off the actual guitar part and the singer is going to be Claypool, not the studio singer and guitarist.

I still think I'm going to wait until it comes out on the 360. There's a ton of stuff I want to play (KH2, Bully, WH40K Dark Crusade, Mideval 2, FF XII, Gears of War, etc.) that can keep me busy until next year.

You mean "John the Fisherman"

I remember them saying they were going to try and get a lot more real songs for this game and not make cover versions, but it doesn't look like that panned out.

I loved the first game, I have GH2 reserved, and I'm playing the shit out of the PSM demo. But what's this about Guitar Hero 360? =-o

Yes indeed, GH2 will come out on the 360 sometime in 07. I think it was talked about a bit on the previous page.

BTW if you go to the GH2 page on Gamespot, then videos, then user videos, there's a bunch of gameplay videos from the Gamespot staff including a couple of Misirlou expert videos. Yeah, that one's going to be a LOT of fun. That video of it on Hard difficulty? Those chords are almost all 3 button chords on Expert, and pretty much everything goes like the double strum work near the middle of the Hard video. I forsee many broken guitars.

There have to be. No way they make people who bought the first game buy another guitar. It's not like Sony's publishing the game. ZING!

Hidden songs aren't so hidden anymore: http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.as...osts&t=7713

For you dial-up warriors, I punish my keyboard and type them out.

The Last Vegas - "Raw Dog" (Winners of the Be A Guitar Hero Contest)

Drist - "Arterial Black" (Me 'n' Slayer's worries are for naught now)

Anarchy Club - "Collide"

The Handsome Devil - "Elephant Bones"

Valient Thorr - "Fall of Pangea"

Vagiant - "FTK"

Brian Kahanek - "Gemini"

Bang Camaro - "Bang Bang (Lady Lightning)"

The Acrobats - "Laughtrack"

Freezepop - "Less Talk More Rock"

Buckethead - "Jordan" (Written exclusively for the game)

The Amazing Royal Crowns - "Mr. Fix It"

Every Time I Die - "The New Black"

Artillery - "One For The Road"

The Neighborhoods - "Parasite"

Count Zero - "Radium Eyes"

Megasus - "Red Lottery"

All That Remains - "Six"

Honest Bob and the Factory to Dealer Incentives - "Soy Bomb"

Shadows Fall - "The Light That Binds"

DETHKLOK - "Thunderhorse"

Strong Bad - "Trogdor"

Voivod - "X-Treme"

Made In Mexico - "Yes We Can"

Little Boston heavy for my tastes, but that's because I hate Boston with a passion.

Trogdor is tits, though.

Hooray to the return of some of the good indy bands from GH1, as well as cartoon metal.

Boo to bringing back Freezepop. "Get Ready 2 Rokk" was beyond awful.

Trogdor...? WTF?

Still, neato list. And I don't know why you people are complaining about buying a new guitar. I'm so buying the packaged box because we get a red guitar this time. I want me a red guitar. ...though I'd prefer a nice azure colored one, I'll take the red.

Besides, having another guitar will allow me to not have people hafta bring over their own guitars.

I'm preordering the game sans guitar. Though I might end up throwing down the $60 for the official Red Octane wireless guitar controller later. Straight rocking out sans cord could create awesomeness.

I pwn Crazy On You. Freebird is simple until the solo. Trogdor is fucking hard. But then again I suck.

As far as I know officially its the 7th.

But dammit, I'm gonna be so poor and I need to buy Christmas Gifts...

And I can only afford one of FFXII or Guitar Hero II...

...aw fuck it. Guitar Hero II, FFXII can wait awhile.

Thunderhorse...brutal.

I'm playing hacked demos. 3 different discs with 10 songs each.

There's going to be a wireless guitar for the PS2 version, so I guess that means it'll work on PS3.

Street date may be 11/7, but I was at a Gamestop that had a huge rack of them (about a dozen or so easy) in the back. Natch they can't sell them yet, tho.

IGN review

9.5/10

ETA: just saw a hacked demo of GH2 on YouTube. Man, some of the songs are insane. here's "Freebird" on Expert difficulty. It seems fairly simple until they hit the solo. Then it all goes to hell. Hammer-ons and pull-offs for everybody! Luckily for him he saved his star power or he wouldn't have made it halfway through the song. And this guy's pretty good too (look at his other videos for examples). Between this and some of the other tracks I've seen, this game definitely seems to up the challenge of the first one.

Got my copy today. First thing I did was unlock Thunderhorse. The learning curve is insane going from bland normal to crazy hard to strumming from hell expert. Thank god hammer-ons and pull-offs are much easier to pull off now otherwise some of the sections would be complete terrors.