TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

So, can anybody here tackle Jordan on expert? I have the entire game beat except for this bastard. 5 stars on everything on Hard, and probably 75 percent of Expert (bought songs included).

I just think the learning curve is a little ridiculous if I can manage five stars easily on the Hard difficulty and can't even beat the cocksucker on expert. Gay.

5 Stars for Jordan...

There isnt a learning curve on GH2, theres a learning wall. Easy/Medium are really REALLY easy, yet Hard/Expert are really REALLY fuckin hard.

Ne'er a truer word. I got 95% on Medium mode on Crazy On You, and then I failed at 8% on hard mode

I was at Fry's yesterday to pick up some RAM and wound up playing Guitar Hero 2 against some guy. I defeated him on Freebird (him on easy, me on medium, as I have never attempted it on hard before). I should've made him pick Thunderhorse, as I wanted to play a song on hard, but I own the game and I just didn't care. We wind up playing War Pigs, only this time I'm playing on Hard and he is playing on easy.

I lose because I wound up only hitting about 92 percent of the notes. Hitting over a hundred more notes and I still lose. I know they were trying to get more people to play together, but man...it sucks losing like that...at least if I were playing Thunderhorse, I could live with losing, as I'm not very good at that certain track on Hard....but I can't play it any lower than Hard or it's not as enjoyable.

Guest Legalise Drugs and Murder

I think it's still pretty easy on Hard. The difference between Hard and Expert is often a really large gap. All of the basic setlist is still playable and beatable up to five stars, but Jordan remains my waterloo. Fuck that video up there. He's using a speed code.

This game is eating all my spare time. I'm still working on medium and doing fairly well (4 and 5 stars on almost everything so far) and I've bought all the songs. It's one of those games where you go "I can do better with one more run through" and the next thing you know it's 2 hours later and you have no idea what happened.

That and I can't figure out the best way to position the guitar. I can't find the best way to position my left hand without holding my wrist in a very awkward position.

Guitar Hero III was annouced today.

Platforms: Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Playstaion 3, Playstaion 2, and Nintendo DS (DS coming out after platform verisons)

Guitars are going to be wireless and will have improved designs and differant colors.

Guitar Hero III will have online as well. Both Vs. and Co-op modes along with Downloadable content.

Red Octane is working on getting bands like Metallica, AC/DC, and Led Zepplin

The game is due out by the end of the year.

Yes.

People, please note, Guitar Hero 2 may be "the one before it went bad"

I can't believe there was no uproar here about the 360 downloadable songs pricing. Going by that value, Guitar Hero should cost like $97. And you cannot even buy one song at a time...

Yes.

People, please note, Guitar Hero 2 may be "the one before it went bad"

I can't believe there was no uproar here about the 360 downloadable songs pricing. Going by that value, Guitar Hero should cost like $97. And you cannot even buy one song at a time...

I remember reading that the quality of the game won't change at all due to the the changes in developers.

From Marketplace website:

Guitar Hero Track Pack 1

"Bark at the Moon" (as made famous by Ozzy Osbourne)

"Hey You" (as made famous by The Exies)

"Ace of Spades" (as made famous by Motorhead)

Guitar Hero Track Pack 2

"Killer Queen" (as made famous by Queen)

"Take It Off" (as made famous by The Donnas)

"Frankenstein" (as made famous by The Edger Winter Group)

Guitar Hero Track Pack 3

"Higher Ground" (as made famous by Red Hot Chili Peppers) and that is bullshit Stevie Wonder made it famous

"Infected" (as made famous by Bad Religion)

"Stellar" (as made famous by Incubus)

Wow, pretty lame that they just let you buy songs from GH.

Guest Tzar Lysergic
As of right now, Jessica is my achellies heel.

Agh...

See, now I can get 99% on expert on that one. Jordan is just...Fuck Jordan.

Amen .. Fuck Jordan! ... and Six for that matter.

It's not totally lame having GH1 songs available for download. Being able to play these tunes and actually have the hammer ons and pull offs work is sweet! Bark at the Moon on expert is no longer torture.

I can't get hammer ons or pull offs to work when I want them to, but I putting it down to lack of experience. It's killing me on the fretwork heavy songs late in the game.

BTW, before I get to Hard difficulty, how are you supposed to hit the orange button? One would think you'd slide the pinky down to hit it, but that would make any sort of orange/blue combo impossible. If you shift your whole hand down it would throw me way off.

Or, I could just put it in my lap and try it out as a slide guitar. That might actually be interesting.

I shift my hand because my fingers aren't very long. Usually on the hard-expert difficulties I keep my fingers over the RYBO buttons instead of the first four. It's easier to reach for the green fret than for the orange. Just play the songs and learn their tendencies. You play them enough, you'll know when exactly to shift your hand.

Usually on the hard-expert difficulties I keep my fingers over the RYBO buttons instead of the first four. It's easier to reach for the green fret than for the orange. Just play the songs and learn their tendencies. You play them enough, you'll know when exactly to shift your hand.

QFT

Big's right. Shift your strongest (index) finger instead of your weakest.

If you want to learn HO/PO go to practice mode and do the chorus to Less Talk More Rokk on slowest. It's basically a series of HO/PO that travel the frets.

Agh...

I haven't got up that far yet, and I know before Jordan, songs like YYZ and Hangar 18 is gonna kill me.

Agh...

I haven't got up that far yet, and I know before Jordan, songs like YYZ and Hangar 18 is gonna kill me.

I didn't have much trouble with either of them on medium. I struggled like hell with Pyschobilly Freakout, however. I'm gonna attribute the difference to how much I knew the songs you mentioned before playing.

Guest Tzar Lysergic

It helps a great deal to play the first game first. The hammer ons/pulloffs on II are cake in comparison. There's still a handful of songs where I can't hit five stars on expert. Namely "Tattooed Love Boys" despite getting 95%. Four stars. Fuck that song too.

Wooooooooohooooooooooooo...

Just beat career mode in hard mode and just started playing the game when it came out for the 360. I started off at medium, but worked up to hard mode. And i keep my fingers on green, red, yellow, blue and shift down for orange and keep them there if it's needed until there aren't anymore orange in a row.

Guitar Hero 3

Remember when we decreed yesterday big hair day at Joystiq, to commemorate the announcement of seven new tracks for Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s? Lucky for us, we didn't shower and Activision has rewarded our sloth, and our big hair, with some new details regarding the upcoming Guitar Hero game ... the one hitting all new-gen systems (even Wii) and the PS2, being developed by Neversoft. So, what's the news? First, some songs:

* "Paint It Black" (by The Rolling Stones)

* "Cherub Rock" (by Smashing Pumpkins)

* "Sabotage" (by Beastie Boys)

* "The Metal" (by Tenacious D)

* "My Name is Jonas" (by Weezer)

* "Knights of Cydonia" (by Muse)

* "Rock And Roll All Nite" (as made famous by Kiss)

* "School's Out" (as made famous by Alice Cooper)

* "Slow Ride" (as made famous by Foghat)

* "Cult of Personality" (by Living Colour)

* "Barracuda" (as made famous by Heart)

Next, they're making wireless guitars "available" for all platforms; no word on whether they'll be the default axes, or optional peripherals. Furthermore, they've gone all Rock Band licensing the legendary Gibson Les Paul guitar for all new-gen platforms. Those afraid of change get the decidedly less legendary Gibson Kramer, available for the PlayStation 2. There's also a "new button color design" to confuse anyone thinking about sticking to their old axe. We're still expecting Guitar Hero III (not its real name, yet) in the fall of 2007 ... just after Rocks the 80s rocks our summer barbecue parties. Our carpal tunnel is acting up just thinking about it.

If it's true we're getting the Les Paul controller, I am hoping for Sunburst or the Gold (especially this one so I can create my Mike Ness lookalike guitar)

* "Sabotage" (by Beastie Boys)

This is an awesome song, not really guitar hero type stuff, but great none the less.

* "The Metal" (by Tenacious D)

This is not.

I'm intrigued to see this new colour scheme, especially the part of it that will make owners' think twice' about their current axe.

I don't particularly want to buy a new bundle if the disc on its own is available.

I'm hyped for Guitar Hero 3 on the Wii. Due to my lack of a PS2 in my game collection, I missed out on the first two.

* "Slow Ride" (as made famous by Foghat)

* "Barracuda" (as made famous by Heart)

Both great songs. I'm surprised that the Slow Ride wasn't in the first two.

* "Cult of Personality" (by Living Colour)

Not to sound like a dork, but this is one of my favorite songs. Makes the game a must buy for me. Especially since it looks like it won't be a cover.