TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

Guitar Hero.

Power metal tends to be looked down upon by fans of "tougher" metal genres like thrash and death metal, and to this end Dragonforce represents everything they hate about the genre (fantasy themes, wailing vocals and guitar wankery).

I do like power metal, but I don't like Dragonforce as their whole gimmick of playing like Malmsteen on meth doesn't actually make their songs listenable

Still working my way through Hard difficulty. I've come to a screeching halt though, because I cna't get anywhere close to passing either "3's & 7's" or "Before I Forget". At least I got past "Knights of Cydonia". It's actually a lot of fun to play except for the long HO/PO passage that passes for a solo.

Raining Blood was the one song on Hard that gave me problems excluding the Battle with Lou. The HO/PO section in the beginning is killer. Even with star power I just barely managed to get past it. I was about two missed notes from failing the song. Took me about 5 tries.

The last battle is ridiculous. They don't give you any power ups until a good minute into the song.

I can't link my account either. It actually says my slot is already claimed.

Also - I'd like to note that I hate battle mode.. ugh.

Okay my account is linked now. It's pretty clear that I need to practice battle mode more before facing people online. Getting my ass owned left, right and center!

"Raining Blood" caused me problems on Hard until I came up with what I call the "Mash Effect". Hit the two star meter power ups in the opening, then just mash on the bottom four buttons while frantically hammering the strum bar when you get to Mosh 1. Use the star power when you get in to the red. If your lucky, that will carry you past it and into the verse. Also comes in handy on the three button HO section of "One". And yeah, so far I haven't come anywhere near beating Lou. It seems that your best bet is to store up three attacks then hit him with them one after the other, because he won't miss otherwise. The hard part is actually managing to get 3 attacks.

Okay well, for whoever has the PS3 version, my username is NYItalian1986. Medium only though. I'm not ready to get my ass kicked on Hard.

This is prolly a lame ass question to most of you guys, but how the fuck do I beat Tom Morrello on Medium.... I can't even get him to stay out of the green? And I'm hitting every note, and when the death drain shit starts I get no notes.....

This is prolly a lame ass question to most of you guys, but how the fuck do I beat Tom Morrello on Medium.... I can't even get him to stay out of the green? And I'm hitting every note, and when the death drain shit starts I get no notes.....

Just stow up some battle power and when you get to the last solo, hit him with everything you've got.. a whammy, amp overload or a diff. up should work for ya.

You have to beat the boss battles before the song ends or you will always lose via death drain. Try to keep an eye on when he's about to earn a power up and use your power up on him. He'll more than likely miss and then you can usually stay one or two power-ups ahead.

He beat me the first time but I took care of him during his last solo with a double-note. He had nothing but three or four-notes chords and he dropped from green to red in a flash.

I went for a challenge with GHIII and I'm playing only on hard instead of beginning at medium. Am I the only who found the second set of songs easier than the first ? The one thing that I found difficult in this set is hitting the 3 notes sequences in Barracuda. On paper it looks like a piece of cake but my timing is always off.

Played it this weekend for the first time, and it was absurdly fun. Should I go for the 360 or Wii version? I played the 360 one, but imagine they're pretty much the same.

360. Hands down. I don't even have a 360 (I have a Wii). Hands fucking down. The Wii's graphics (although, did they seem to get better or something? Patch?) are atrocious. And my copy is all laggy at the home screen.

:firing: Wii

I can tell I'm not going to do anything but play GH III over the Christmas Holidays.

Beat the game on Medium! Beat 1 song so far on Hard! I'm...going to have lots of problems on Hard.

The difference was, for me, night and day. Medium gave me no trouble, nor did any of the first six tiers on Hard, save Black Magic Woman, which I did four-star.

I barely got through Cliffs of Dover and NOTB, and failed Raining Blood and One big time.

I haven't been able to find this for the Wii anywhere. In fact, I've only seen one non-PS2/360 copy anywhere, a PS3 one with a ripped box in a pile at Wal-Mart.

I callled the local EB and asked them, and the guy made it seem like they haven't gotten any copies in for it at all yet.

I haven't been able to find this for the Wii anywhere. In fact, I've only seen one non-PS2/360 copy anywhere, a PS3 one with a ripped box in a pile at Wal-Mart.

I callled the local EB and asked them, and the guy made it seem like they haven't gotten any copies in for it at all yet.

You're not alone - I'm astonished with the demand for them, considering how many other Wii games we sell in relation to PS2/360. For launch at my Wal*Mart, we got six for PS3, 18 for Wii and over a hundred for 360 and PS2 apiece. As far as I know, we've only recieved shipments since of the latter. Yeah, I'm genuinely surprised by the demand for the Wii version.

Yeah, it seems like all my store got was the Wii version.

Of course, everyone that actually wants it wants the 360 one and we haven't gotten more than a few a week since it came out.