TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Whats the longest your have fasted for?

Whats the longest your have fasted for?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Whats the longest your have fasted for?

• 6 Hours
    • 12 Hours
    • 24 Hours (1 Day for wine drinkers)
    • 2 Days
    • 3 Days
    • 4 Days
    • 5 Days
    • 6 Days
    • 7 Days

Just thought I would pop this question. :) I'd have to say I have never intentionally fasted, but I would be in the 12hr-24hr range due to some extensive hiking in Colorado.

Guest DonVito

About 24 hours is the longest I've gone. It wasn't on purpose though. Sleep, work, and school schedules just made it impossible for me to have time to eat. When I finally did have time everything was closed so I just said fuck it and went to sleep.

Guest Brian

My uncle used to fast once a week to cleanse his body. I had to go two days once when I ran low on rations on a hiking trip.

the only time I intentionally fasted was 12 hours (actually more) last year in prep for having some bloodwork done. Lately I have hardly eaten 3 meals a day at all, and sometimes I skip breakfast and have a light lunch, then bigger dinner. but it changes from day to day That's my weird diet, but it has helped me drop 40 plus pounds over the last year.

I have no idea, but on two seperate occasions, I was actually so hungry that I threw up.

Yeah, I didn't understand either.

If I wait too long to eat, I will also get a little nauseous(along with a headache and stomach growls), but I have never actually thrown up.

I've been so tired I couldn't sleep before, I guess that's sort of similar. As far as fasting... just about 7 days. An endurance test for myself, for no real reason. I waited until midnight on the last day which is why I say about.

Guest sdfaulk

A few years ago I was taking medication to quit smoking but the side effects were so bad that I went five days without eating anything except one tostito chip. I was rushed to the hospitalbecause I'm hypoglycemic but the drug Zyban just sort of made me forget about food.

Actually I doubt it counts, but I had pneumonia a couple of weeks ago* and for 5 days all I had was 2 cups of strawberry yogurt each day. Somehow I managed to not lose one pound either.

*At 30. Seriously who the fuck gets pneumonia at 30?

Probably 24 hours. For research purposes they made me stay up all night without being able to eat or drink anything...Nowadays I probably wouldn't find the sleep deprivation thing too hard but at 14 I was weak...

I selected 12 hours, but it's probably not that long. I eat four meals per day with snacks in between.

I've gone 24 hours but only because I took some adderal and I didn't feel like eating and had 12 pages to write so I didn't have time.

The only time I didn't eat for over a day was when I got food poisoning and couldn't eat anything so as to avoid upsetting an already angry stomach. I think that lasted three days.

Guest JebusNassedar

I'm the "5 days" guy.

In my defense, my dad died the same week, 2 years ago.

Guest Angora Jellyfish

2 days. That's when the drooling got out of control. I literally could open my mouth at any given moment during the day and have it drop saliva all over the place.

Dale Carnegie says it gets infinitely easier after that point. I'll have to make it longer next time.

Guest Vitamin X

13 days. Seriously, I pretty much went all liquids at this point. That was with meth, however, so obviously my appetite was suppressed, but yeah.

Without meth, the longest I've gone is about 5 days, spending it at some girl's house basically hiding out. Went all liquids here again (thank goodness for Propel and the occasional bottle of alcohol), funny enough on both occasions, I came back and ate a steak burrito at this one awesome Mexican food place by my house, and both times I distinctly remember how painful it was to swallow just about anything solid.