TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The One and Only Buffy & Angel Thread

First off, this thread will NOT be classic'd...not every Buffy/Angel thread should be.

But, this discussion will always live on.

Discuss.

Dames

got everything but the movie

I actually just bought the movie for like 5.50 at Walmart. I've never seen it, haven't heard ANYTHING good about it, but I just had to get it at that price.

Dames

Dude...you classicfied it with my last post being that fanboy Buffy and Scoobs vs Angel and the Asskickers. Thats just plain wrong.

Anyway, I have all angel season except 4 and all of Buffys except for the last two and its all because of money issues. But I will be grabbing them eventually.

my lame last post was agreeing with anyanka about how darla was able to sneak into the hotel and get in angels dreams.

oh well, we have a new thread so no biggee. thank you dames :cheers:

got everything but the movie

I actually just bought the movie for like 5.50 at Walmart. I've never seen it, haven't heard ANYTHING good about it, but I just had to get it at that price.

Dames

It has it's momnts- mostly with Paul Reuben, who has the longest death scene in movie history for a vampire, me thinks.

As I said in the Angel folder, I had all of the seasons on DVD, but had to sell my Angel seasons a short time befroe season 5 came out. Since then, I've gotten Season 3,4,and 5 of Angel, 1-7 of Buffy, and Firefly.

Gah. Another thread to subscribe to and never visit. :)

I've still only got Buffy's S1&2 and Angel's S1 on DVD. After a long while of not watching either show, I'm taping both series again, because my old VCR died. When I play the old tapes on the new VCR, I have to listen to an annoying constant high pitch, which gives me this Gentlemen-like sensation that my head's going to explode.

Thankfully, the whole process is a lot easier with a DVR. And it seems like an especially dull summer for new TV, so the timing works. Most recent episodes I've watched are Choices and Couplet.

For Canadian folk, I was in HMV a few weeks ago looking to blow some tax money, and they had all the Buffy and Angel sets, 2 for $80. Not a great deal for the first seasons, but decent enough for new copies of everything else.

Guest Brian

I never noticed in "That Vision Thing", that Angel says that it's "hard to tell" when talking about the difference between good guys and bad guys, which plays totally into how dark the good guys are getting with Holtz, Connor, Wes, Skip, and later how he is able to bypass Lorne as Angellus.

Guest The Iron Yuppie

With the DVDs, I have all of the Buffy ones (except the film, which I have no interest in seeing again), and none of Angel. That will likely change soon, given that they are about $20(AU) here for half a season, but I lack the necessary funds at present.

I don't own any Buffy/Angel right now since I was really broke and had to sell them.

Unless you count Buffy S7 and Angel S4 I bought on eBay that are burnt DVDs. And Angel S5 on VCD.

I can't believe the Angel thread closed while I was in the hospital. How lame.

I own all the DVDs, even the Buffy movie. I still watch them like every day too. In the middle of Buffy season 5/Angel season 2 now.

Buffy Thread > Angel Thread

Granted, I love Angel. But the thread just got to be "how long can we keep alive something so dead." There's only so much to be said.

Guest Brian

I dunno. You read through both threads, and spam aside, the Angel thread was much deeper. It helps that the show was better.

Has anyone heard about that new book, Queen of the Slayers, that is basically a season 8 of Buffy? I just heard from someone that Anya is in it and visits Xander. I'm like so hyped now, I must buy it tomorrow.