TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zack Malibu

Story from my Florida trip last week.

Was talking about this over at The Pit and with the OAOAST guys, but figure it's worth mentioning for a laugh here, that way I don't have to repeat it numerous times on AIM.

OK, so like the title says, this details my experience last week at Pleasure Island on our last night in Florida. Keep in mind when reading that I have absolutely no shame.

Last year when I went to Florida with my fam, my "claim to fame" on that trip was dancing to "Ice, Ice Baby" in 8Trax (a 70's, 80's, early 90's club) and getting the crowd in the club a little worked up. My friends all knew this story. So last Saturday night we're at Pleasure Island, standing up by the main stage for the New Year's celebration (for those who don't know, every night at midnight they do a New Year's Eve party) and what comes on the video wall? Vanilla Ice. Me, my friend, his g/f, and our other friend are all standing there waiting for the rest of the gang to arrive, and my one friend dares me to go and do what I did last year, only to do it in front of everyone. So me being me, I move to the front of the crowd, up by the stage, and start mimicking all the cheesy ass dance moves from the video, and the crowd eats it up. I get some applause and some laughs from my friends, and figure I gave them a chuckle for the night.

After that I see my friend Matt talking to a girl he had met the night before. The night before she was with a semi-cute girl, but I didn't want to play wingman. Tonight she's with said semi-cute girl and a hotty mchothot blonde, so ol' Zack decides to step in and chat it up. Hotty McHotHot (her name is Jory, which I'd never heard in my life) arrived at the hotel late and her luggage didn't arrive yet, so she had no ID with her. I told her to use semi-cute's ID and go to one club, get a bracelet, and just go and meet us in Motion. She was skeptical, but after a lil' reassurance from me, she ran off to try it out. I love scheming.

Fast forward to later in the night. We're all down in Motion (which is Pleasure Island's mainstream/top 40 club) and hanging out. All of a sudden I get yanked onto the dance floor by an unknown person, who turned out to be Jory, who luckily had gotten in. I was told "I got in thanks to you, so now you have to dance with me". Oooookay, I'm not complaining. A while later she and I are dancing(and while dancing she tells me she was from Jacksonville and in town for a Miss Florida competition. Score!), and her friends are dancing with my friends. So of all songs to come on, what comes on the video wall in the club? You guessed it. Vanilla Ice again. So me and my friend Ricky start laughing, and I'm skeptical of showing my "skills" in front of the girls, but he decides to tell the girl that I have "hot dance moves" or something stupid like that to perk her interest. I just shrug, because it was my vacation and I was there to let loose. I start busting a move to the song in the middle of the club, and then all of a sudden people start backing away. The next thing you know everyone in the club has formed a big crowd and circled around me, chanting "GO! GO! GO!" while I do my best Vanilla Ice impersonation. Then other people were trying to come into the circle, and the whole scene looked like a wild white boy You Got Served with me as the star of the show. The song ended and everyone in my vicinity gave me props, and the girl told me when I was done that it had to be one of the coolest things she had ever scene. She flat out said "You don't have any shame, do you?" and I just shook my head no, then danced with her for the rest of the night.

So let this be a warning to everyone. If you're in a club and see some preppy white guy busting a move that haven't been used since the Clinton administration, it's probably me.

Sadly (and weirdly enough), you can't bring cameras of any sort into the club. I saw people getting told to put their phones away for taking pics on them. I WISH there was video of this.

Guest DonVito

You should try to recreate that and record it. It'll be used in avatars all over the board.

Sadly, no. I was rooming with two girls as it was, and I think they'd have been somewhat vocal about it if I brought a girl to the hotel with me. My roommates were my friend's sister (herself a beauty pageant winner for local competitions) and her best friend, so I was surrounded by good looking women the whole week. Good times.

She did give me her number though. Not much I can do with it when I live in RI and she lives in FL, but it was a moral victory, lol.