TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous A

Forever Hardcore- The Documentary

Jeremy Borash and Shane Douglas were on WOL this sunday shilling the 6/10 Hardcore Homecoming show. They also talked in length about the documentary they have as a rebuttal/companion piece to the Rise and Fall of ECW DVD coming out on 6/10 called Forever Hardcore. It's basically gonna be R & F of ECW, except you'll hear from guys who didn't make WWE's DVD like Shane Douglas, Raven, Sandman, Kid Kash, Tod Gordon, Terry Funk, etc. But most importantly, you will hear from Sabu! That right there is enough to sell me on getting it. I also heard you will hear more criticism towards Paul Heyman in regards to ECW's demise. Of course you can get the DVD from the website which also has an interesting interview with Terry Funk. The website is

www.foreverhardcore.net

What do you all think?

Guest BrokenWings

Sabu's got a shoot tape out, which I imagine would be better than this, if you're only in it to hear him speak.

I'd be a lot more interested in this if it weren't conceived out of simply spite on behalf of Shane Douglas. I still imagine it'll be good, though. I wonder what the production value is like.

Christ, is Douglas going to re-do EVERYTHING ECW-related the WWE does? The reunion show, the documentary, well I guess just the two things so far, but still...

Guest MikeJohnson

I've seen the documentary. It's Jeremy Borash's project, not Douglas'. I don't know where the anti-Heyman story came from but it's not a burial of Heyman at all, not to the point people are expecting.

Will the DVD be available in selected stores, or is it only going to be available through that website?

I bought this at WalMart today, but I haven't even opened it yet. Have any of you guys actually watched it yet?

EDIT:

There are five matches on the DVD as well:

-Sabu vs. Terry Funk

-Shane Douglas vs. Chris Candido

-New Jack vs. Vic Grimes

-Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Hamrick

-Sandman vs. Konnan

The total length of the set is over five hours, spread over two DVDs.

I bought this at WalMart today, but I haven't even opened it yet. Have any of you guys actually watched it yet?

EDIT:

There are five matches on the DVD as well:

-Sabu vs. Terry Funk

-Shane Douglas vs. Chris Candido

-New Jack vs. Vic Grimes

-Jerry Lynn vs. Chris Hamrick

-Sandman vs. Konnan

The total length of the set is over five hours, spread over two DVDs.

I just got back from Wal-Mart, on my lunch hour, and I bought it myself. I'm assuming that all of the matches are probably XPW matches of some form or fashion, and while most were shitty, I'm hoping the New Jack/Vic Grimes match is the Freefall match that's so "infamous"

Oh wow, I've never heard Sabu talk either (I don't think), so I put in the second disc and saw it has a deleted scene of his, of just him talking about WCW, his name, etc... I'll never be able to look at the guy the same now that I've seen him talk, heh. He's actually a pretty good speaker if you ask me.

Guest Super Leather

The extended preview on the Hardcore Homecoming DVD looked interesting, so I'll pick it up. This is available at Wal-Mart, eh? Are there any other stores you can find it at?

What's The Shooting Range?

Well i watched this DVD over the weekend and to me its just as good as rise and fall. Its definitely a video for smart fans. They talk more about the crucifixion "Angle" and the mass transit incident. Everyone comes off as smart and interesting personalitys except for New Jack who just shows how fucking crazy he really is. He pretty much confesses to attempted murder. TWICE! Its defiitely worth the $16 i paid for it.

While I preferred R&F since they could show ECW footage to supplement what was being discussed, Forever Hardcore was also well done although I could have gone w/ less from Gabe and that other blad, fat dude.

My favorite part (for the time being):

Jerry Lynn: I've always been on good terms w/ Bubba and D-Von which is a good thing since I'd hate to be on their bad side.

New Jack: Bubba and D-Von ain't shit.

OK, let me rephrase that: They don't even say "ECW" in the documentary, do they? Because I remember a few months ago in a pwtorch.com review, the reviewer said that they don't say "ECW" once on the DVD.

I'm actually as a big a mark for Paul E as I am for ECW. It's like loving Jesus as much as loving Christianity.

Subsequently, I'd feel badly watching this if it's a semi-burial of Heyman.

To quote Joey Styles: "We (the guys from Hardcore Homecoming) are so extreme that we can`t even say our own name!". I love that quote and it answers the question whether or not they use the letters ECW on the DVD...

I watched it a while ago and I thought it was pretty good. Had there been some ECW footage it would have easily surpassed the Rise and Fall in terms on quality, at least in my opinion.

Thanks for the info. And to answer an earlier question, on the Forever Hardcore DVD the workers refer to ECW by name numerous times.

Kinda on the same wavelength, does anyone know why they can refer to ECW in Forever Hardcore, but in Hardcore Homecoming from Philly, they had to can the crowd noise everytime they chanted "ECW"?

I noticed they said it a few times. But the Hardcore Homecoming show they editied every chant or reference to ECW and it KILLS watching the show. The Doc. is very good and oftens time very fuuny. Worth a buy if your a fan.