TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianGuitarist

What's your favourite

Both comedic, angle advancing, or serious?

I will never forget Vinny Mac on raw in may 98 telling Foley that he had to earn a title shot, by reaching into Funk's chest, and holding it till blood dripped down. it took sacrifice to do that, to earn it. It took sacrifice to be the WWF champion.

And when Sandman's kid said he loved Raven, oh man did I ever lose it.

Thoughts?

Guest BrokenWings

I've got a ton, but one which springs to mind right away is CM Punk's during the Raven feud...

Raven, the reason I hate you, the reason in my heart of hearts why I hate you, is because I didn’t know any better when I was a little kid.

When my dad came home smelling like beer, I thought it was a hard day’s work he was doing. I didn’t realize he was out at the bar, I didn’t realize that work was the unemployment office. I didn’t think it was strange for somebody to come home from work and have to take an Old Style open in the shower while they showered. I didn’t think it was strange for

somebody to pass out. I thought an Old Style, a pack a day was the norm. Raven, my father is EXACTLY LIKE YOU.

And since day one in Ring of Honor, where fighting spirit is supposed to be REVERED – things aren’t supposed to be this way. I’d shake your hand like a normal man, but the truth is I don’t respect you. I HATE YOU. I hate you for everything you’ve pissed away, everything I strive and claw for that I haven’t even earned yet, that you got HANDED to you, that you FLUSHED DOWN THE  TOILET! FOR WHAT!?!?! For pills? For booze? For alcohol? For women?

I am born of your poison society, so, on the 17th of July, I will become…A MONSTER, to fight the monsters of the world. And your time in Ring of Honor WILL BE DONE! And that is a promise! Because THIS IS TRUE. THIS IS REAL. THIS IS STRAIGHT EDGE!”

Gives me chills every time I watch it.

That is a killer promo. I think I watched it 3 or 4 times when I got that DVD.

Foley's "Anti-hardcore" promos get alot of praise, and I'm one of those who praises them. My favourite line:

"Those same fans who chant 'He's hardcore! He's hardcore!', wouldn't piss on you if you were one fire!"

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

I don't know why, and it's not really a promo, but I have a soft spot for this segment from Royal Rumble 2004. Probably because I couldn't wait for their match:

Brock Lesnar: Number 30?? Who cares what number Bill Goldberg is in the Royal Rumble? Didn't you just Brock Lesnar retaining his WWE championship by bneating Hardcore Holly, 1, 2, 3? That's all that matters to me, you should be conducting this interview with Brock Lesnar

Goldberg: You done putting yourself over, Brock?

Brock Lesnar: No, I'm not. The last you interrupted ME, in an interview, you were the champion. What happened?

Goldberg: That's in the past, Brock. What matters is tonight. When I go out there and I smash through every person involved in that Royal Rumble. And I get the opportunity to go to 'Mania to retain my title. Ain't that right Hardcore?

*Brock turns round to see Hardcore, turns round and bumps into Goldberg*

Goldberg: you know some people, and I say SOME people have the nerve to call Mick Foley a coward? I don't think so!

"He's not your champion. He never was. He's always been.......my champion.

Ladies and gentlemen, the corporate champion, the W W F champion, ladies and gentlemen........ the RRRROCK!"

-Vince McMahon, introducing the Rock before his match with Stone Cold Steve Austin the night after Survivor Series 1998.

I think it's partially because I was playing with a tape recorder that night, and I heard the speech about 100 times, but I can still hear every word on Vinnie Mac's intro for the Rock embedded in my head.

And to this day, I have never heard heel heat that even approached what the Rock got that night. Honestly, you couldn't hear his theme music for about 10 seconds, because everyone was booing so loud. The heat that Rock had at that point, helped in large part by that short promo, was absolutely unreal.

The Hogan promo at WM 4 where Hogan talks about a tidal wave knocking over Trump Plaza, and Trump giving up all his material possesions and Hogan dog paddling him on his back to safety. What a fucking weird promo. Hogan and Warriors WM 6 promos are even stranger, I think Hogan at one point talks about eating Warrior or something.

I don't remember exactly when it aired, somewhere between NWO 2003 and Backlash 2003, when The Rock came out and basically turned full heel on the crowd, even mocking them when they cheered after he mentioned the town's name: "Oooh, he mentioned us, yaay!!" That one led to the awesome exchanges with The Hurricane: "It was a special effect!!"

Gold, Jerry. Gold.

Guest Fook

I always loved Heyman's promo on the Smackdown before Survivor Series 2001 where he just went off on Vince for about 10 minutes.

Slut Woman 2 has some great scenes in it...

OH! You said PROMO! In that case:

-Piper's pre and post match promos from his match with the Iron Sheik at SNME in the Fall of 1986

-the Sting promo about Steven Regal from GAB 96

-the Savage and Jake promos from Tuesday in Texas

-Heck, just about any Savage or Jake promo!

One of my favorites is 4/13/98 where austin challenges vince to a match for the first time.It was also the first time wwf beat wcw in the ratings in almost 2 years.

another is hogan's promo at batb96.After seeing him as a face forever,it was weird seeing him cut a heel promo.

I liked the raw where bret snaps after his cage match with sid.He pushes down vince,starts cursing and blaming everyone for him losing.I really liked brets' character for the few months before he reformed the hart foundation.He tried to be a face then would get jelous for fans cheering austin and hbk.

Last I will mention brian pilman's promo where he debut in ecw.I liked that one alot.

Guest The Iron Yuppie

I have always loved the promos from Mick Foley and Paul Heyman on the Raw and Smackdown respectively before Survivor Series 2001. Both of the transcripts are taken from the slashwrestling.com archives.

Mick Foley, 12/11/01 Raw

"Thank you!. Thank you very much, but I've got a lot to say and a short time to say it in - I don't need to tell anybody out here what's on the line at Survivor Series - not just for the WWF, not just for WCW, but for me as well. You see, I know full well that if WCW wins at Survivor Series, that I'm pretty much out of a job. And I know that if the WWF wins at Survivor Series that...I'm pretty much out of a job. Because you see, I'd been your WWF Commissioner for about three days...when Vince McMahon decides to show back up again, now - Vince McMahon is the owner of the WWF, he's up here - I'm the Commissioner of the WWF which means I'm right about here, which means I've pretty much got to answer to Vince McMahon, now - I have a long, long list of things I'd like to do with the rest of my life, and answering to Vince McMahon is not one of them, so Vince McMahon, understand this: after Survivor Series, if the WWF wins, you can take my job, but you can't take my pride. You cannot take away from me the way I felt driving from Long Island to Boston, Massachusetts on I-95 ... looking at the sign that says 'Worcester, that way' and remembering when it was me, and it was the Rock, December 28th, 1998, and it was Mick Foley going home with the WWF Championship for the first time! And I know that, because I've got a smelly, mildewy, bloody, sweaty, tear-stained, beer-stained belt at the top of my closet stinking up my house. Well big deal, Mick Foley's got a belt, who the hell DOESN'T have a belt anymore? I've got news for you, if you're in the WCW and you're in the WWF and you don't have a championship belt around your waist, there's something wrong with you! Because we've got European champions, intercontinental champions, US champions, two tag team champions, WCW champions, and WWF champions - but the difference is, they can't open up their closet and smell the mildew, smell the sweat, smell the blood, smell the tears, and smell the beer...that reminds me, way back when, I was a WWF Champion when being a champion meant a little something around here. And so, I may not be the WWF Commissioner very much longer, but - with the power invested in me by Linda McMahon, I can sure as hell say that with my last act, I will make those belts mean a damn thing. So what I'm going to do is...I'm going to consolidate those belts. Now you may be wondering why you didn't see Mick Foley on television much anymore...and it's pretty much because I showed up in Long Island, New York last Monday night, my hometown I was told that I wasn't....needed on the program. Well after all, why put Mick Foley on TV in Long Island, we wouldn't want to entertain people, would we? I show up Thursday night, the Meadowlands in New Jersey, I'm told once again, 'Mick, we don't need you on the program.' Well, maybe I'm not needed on the program, but the program sure as hell needs something, and more championship belts is not it. So with that in mind, at Survivor Series, it'll be the WCW US Champion Test ...taking on the WWF intercontinental champion Edge in a title unification match. It will be the WCW tag team champions the Dudleyz taking on the WWF champions the Hardyz in a title unification match and just to freshen things up, we're gonna hold that match within the confines of a fifteen foot high steel cage. Now I guess maybe I should be consolidating the WWF light heavyweight and the WCW cruiserweight champion, there's only one problem: X-Pac's MIA, nobody knows where he is and...not a whole lot of people seem to care. And Regal's got in his mind that he's gonna take on his old buddy Tajiri - well more power to you, William, because...I wanna say this about William Regal with the full cooperation of the WCW Commissioner because, as big of a horse's pompous ass as William Regal is...he has got a respect for this business second to none and he, like myself, refused to sit back and watch titles that were held by great men become a second rate joke. And if you'd like to give your appreciation to William Regal, I encourage all of you to do that, right here tonight in Boston, Massachusetts...when William Regal takes on the Rock. Have a nice day!"

Paul Heyman 15/11/01 Smackdown

"In just a few moments, at my leisure, I'm gonna call Vince McMahon out to his ring, in front of his public on a television show that's owned by his grand company. At least, that is, until this Sunday at Survivor Series. I know how much you people appreciate when Shane and Stephanie and I have done - how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple - the WWF will DIE this Sunday. But don't blame ME for that - it's not MY fault. I'm not the one that RUINED everything that was accomplished by Stone Cold Steve Austin. You see, at Survivor Series, it means so much more than just the personalities that are involved. It's about ending with Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley. And I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say - that the WWF truly does SUCK! Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his MIND. The man doesn't have it any more! He's a has been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian, and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within! Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like Stone Cold, left him; like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him. Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame 'em. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday at Survivor Series. And he has no hope to save his precious company! Vince McMahon has the same chances of saving the WWF as he did of realising his dream of starting a football league..."

VINCE comes out - Heyman falls to his knees and salaams away. Vince encourages him to continue.

"I want you to know that I was down on my knees, 'cause I know that you're used to men *puckers* kissin' your ass, Vinny. Every time you walk in the back there, there's Patterson and Brisco, oh what a great idea you had, Vince! (mwah mwah mwah mwah), (mwah mwah mwah mwah). You LIKE men kissing your ass, don't you , Vince, huh? 'cause that's what you're all about - a BILLIONAIRE - the BILLIONAIRE VINCE McMAHON, the creator of sports entertainment! I've waited so long to see you face to face like this. And I've waited so long to tell you to your face that I hate your stinkin' guts. But it's not just me. It's your children that hate your stinkin' guts, Vince. And at Survivor Series, your children are gonna do to you what I have waited my whole life to see somebody do to you, Vince. You are, so help me God, the most disgusting, vile son of a (beep) I've ever seen in my life. You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You STOLE Bret Hart's dream, and with that money bought yourself an airplane with WWF all over it. And you KNOW it, you son of a (beep). You stole Shawn Michaels' smile, took your company public, and made yourself a billionaire. But not a self-made billionaire, like you like to tell everybody you are, oh no. See, you're a billionaire on other people's hard work. Your father - your FATHER, Vince McMahon, your father went around the country and shook the hand of every-- you know I'm tellin' the truth, don't you. You know in your heart I'm telling the truth that your father shook the hand of every promoter in this country and swore to them that he'd never compete against them...that his son would never compete against them. And when your father DIED...you competed. And with your ruthless, merciless, take no prisoners attitude, you drove everybody out of business, didn't you, Vince. You ran all the competition to the ground and you stole all their ideas, and you made yourself a billionaire out of it. And you know whose ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole MONE. See I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I....I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole MY dreams, how you stole MY legacy, how you stole everything that ECW represents. Because...while Doink the Clown had a - a green hair and rubber nose, Stone Cold Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around singing Tutti Frutti, ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named "Attitude." Oh, we got Attitude! You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas, and you stole MY LIFE - MY MONEY - MY LEGACY!" Paul removes his hat  and throws it at Vince. "SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU and your family! I'll tell you something, your own CHILDREN hate your guts, and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything you stole from me, for everything you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in front of your WIFE - you flaunt your affairs in Playboy for your children to read! You (beep)! Look at Tazz! Look at Tazz! This man was a KILLER - he was a machine! He was a wrestler - a great wrestler, a real man...but wrestling's a dirty word to you, isn't it Vince? Your father built a wrestling company, and you - you hadda have 'sports entertainment.' 'We had to have sports entertainment, ha ha ha.' He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man, and now he's a fat, little, obnoxious colour commentator, and not even a good one! He is a 'sports entertainer.' He is not a *wrestler*, 'cause you made wrestling a dirty word. You made 'wrestling' a dirty word, Vince. What kind of a man are you? What kind of a man takes - takes wrestling and makes it sports entertainment? At Survivor Series, you're goin' down, Vince. I promise you, you're goin' down, and I'm gonna watch it, and your children are gonna lift their leg, standin' over your grave, and we're gonna laugh, and you know what else I'm gonna do, Vince? I'm gonna run your (beep) outta business. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I'm feeling GOOD about myself! AGHHHHHHHHH"

Tazz leaves the broadcast position, sneaks up behind Heyman and applies the Tazzmission. Vince has the mic.  "Paul Heyman...you are the epitome of the Alliance because, this Sunday at Survivor Series, the Alliance will CHOKE."

One of my favorites is 4/13/98 where austin challenges vince to a match for the first time.It was also the first time wwf beat wcw in the ratings in almost 2 years.

another is hogan's promo at batb96.After seeing him as a face forever,it was weird seeing him cut a heel promo.

I liked the raw where bret snaps after his cage match with sid.He pushes down vince,starts cursing and blaming everyone for him losing.I really liked brets' character for the few months before he reformed the hart foundation.He tried to be a face then would get jelous for fans cheering austin and hbk.

Last I will mention brian pilman's promo where he debut in ecw.I liked that one alot.

"Frustrated isnt the god damned word for it. This is bullshit! I've been screwed/ You screwed me, Taker screwed me, Austin screwed me. I'm the best there is, and I've been screwed. Everybody in that god damned dressing room knows I'm the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be"

Didnt Pillman mention the smart marks? 5 years before the IWC?

And I'm drunk. Kudos? Anyone?

I don't know if their necessarily my favorites but I loved all the Hart Foundation/HBK/Stone Cold promos from 1997.

Pillman's ECW stuff (Smaaaaaaaaaaaaaart Maaaaaaaaarks, wrestling the pencil, etc.)

Hollywood Blondes on Flair For The Gold.

"Steve, that's not a statue, that's Double A!" I was dying when Pillman busted out with that one.

Ric Flair's return promo in September 98 and his farewell address on the Final Nitro.

Almost every one of Kane's promos (excluding any dealing with Lita) ever since he unmasked.

This was the first one that came to mind, the promo that got me really into Raven:

It's 5:30 in the morning in New Orleans on Bourbon Street. Look at these dirtballs, it's a complete den of iniquity; there's decadence, debauchery, a neighborhood of chaos, a haven for sin. As I look around these filthy animals following me, sinners each and every one of them, I realize one thing. That it's better to have a condemned soul, than no soul at all.

So Tommy Dreamer . . . shut up . . . Tommy Dreamer, look at these morons, these fools, these jesters and buffoons, these idiots. They're your people, Tommy, and for them and all their problems, and all their sins, and all their hatred, and all their anger . . . I feel your pain, Tommy . . . Ha! I feel your pain! Ha Ha! I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!! AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Ha Ha Ha! I love it, Tommy. You see this, this is it, These are your people, Tommy. This is my home, Tommy. Sinners, one and all; no one cares, no one worries. Tommy Dreamer, you and your little 'white meat babyface' world. 'I do it for the people, I don't care about my back, I'll survive for you people!' What hogwash, Tommy! It's crap! They don't care about you any more than they care about me. They just want to leech onto my stardom. But that's ok, Tommy. I'm garbage, a piece of crap. I've lived my life and I deserve what I get."

One of my favorites is from an old ECW show in Queens when Tajiri turned heel. Taz swears at Steve Corino, and Corino says "Oh, that's great, Taz, go ahead and swear. Taz says "OK" and proceeds to get bleeped for almost a minute straight.

My favorite promo of 2004 was in OVW. Nova had recently debuted in WWE as Simon Dean, and the rest of the Jersey Shore Crew were asking him why they hadn't been called up yet, and when Aaron Stevens(?) said that Nova hadn't sacrificed as much as they had, Nova gave this incredible and emotional speech about everything he had given up and sacrificed to be a wrestler, and by the end of it he was almost in tears, and almost the entire arena was cheering and applauding him.

I have always loved the promos from Mick Foley and Paul Heyman on the Raw and Smackdown respectively before Survivor Series 2001. Both of the transcripts are taken from the slashwrestling.com archives.

Mick Foley, 12/11/01 Raw

"Thank you!. Thank you very much, but I've got a lot to say and a short time to say it in - I don't need to tell anybody out here what's on the line at Survivor Series - not just for the WWF, not just for WCW, but for me as well. You see, I know full well that if WCW wins at Survivor Series, that I'm pretty much out of a job. And I know that if the WWF wins at Survivor Series that...I'm pretty much out of a job. Because you see, I'd been your WWF Commissioner for about three days...when Vince McMahon decides to show back up again, now - Vince McMahon is the owner of the WWF, he's up here - I'm the Commissioner of the WWF which means I'm right about here, which means I've pretty much got to answer to Vince McMahon, now - I have a long, long list of things I'd like to do with the rest of my life, and answering to Vince McMahon is not one of them, so Vince McMahon, understand this: after Survivor Series, if the WWF wins, you can take my job, but you can't take my pride. You cannot take away from me the way I felt driving from Long Island to Boston, Massachusetts on I-95 ... looking at the sign that says 'Worcester, that way' and remembering when it was me, and it was the Rock, December 28th, 1998, and it was Mick Foley going home with the WWF Championship for the first time! And I know that, because I've got a smelly, mildewy, bloody, sweaty, tear-stained, beer-stained belt at the top of my closet stinking up my house. Well big deal, Mick Foley's got a belt, who the hell DOESN'T have a belt anymore? I've got news for you, if you're in the WCW and you're in the WWF and you don't have a championship belt around your waist, there's something wrong with you! Because we've got European champions, intercontinental champions, US champions, two tag team champions, WCW champions, and WWF champions - but the difference is, they can't open up their closet and smell the mildew, smell the sweat, smell the blood, smell the tears, and smell the beer...that reminds me, way back when, I was a WWF Champion when being a champion meant a little something around here. And so, I may not be the WWF Commissioner very much longer, but - with the power invested in me by Linda McMahon, I can sure as hell say that with my last act, I will make those belts mean a damn thing. So what I'm going to do is...I'm going to consolidate those belts. Now you may be wondering why you didn't see Mick Foley on television much anymore...and it's pretty much because I showed up in Long Island, New York last Monday night, my hometown I was told that I wasn't....needed on the program. Well after all, why put Mick Foley on TV in Long Island, we wouldn't want to entertain people, would we? I show up Thursday night, the Meadowlands in New Jersey, I'm told once again, 'Mick, we don't need you on the program.' Well, maybe I'm not needed on the program, but the program sure as hell needs something, and more championship belts is not it. So with that in mind, at Survivor Series, it'll be the WCW US Champion Test ...taking on the WWF intercontinental champion Edge in a title unification match. It will be the WCW tag team champions the Dudleyz taking on the WWF champions the Hardyz in a title unification match and just to freshen things up, we're gonna hold that match within the confines of a fifteen foot high steel cage. Now I guess maybe I should be consolidating the WWF light heavyweight and the WCW cruiserweight champion, there's only one problem: X-Pac's MIA, nobody knows where he is and...not a whole lot of people seem to care. And Regal's got in his mind that he's gonna take on his old buddy Tajiri - well more power to you, William, because...I wanna say this about William Regal with the full cooperation of the WCW Commissioner because, as big of a horse's pompous ass as William Regal is...he has got a respect for this business second to none and he, like myself, refused to sit back and watch titles that were held by great men become a second rate joke. And if you'd like to give your appreciation to William Regal, I encourage all of you to do that, right here tonight in Boston, Massachusetts...when William Regal takes on the Rock. Have a nice day!"

Paul Heyman 15/11/01 Smackdown

"In just a few moments, at my leisure, I'm gonna call Vince McMahon out to his ring, in front of his public on a television show that's owned by his grand company. At least, that is, until this Sunday at Survivor Series. I know how much you people appreciate when Shane and Stephanie and I have done - how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple - the WWF will DIE this Sunday. But don't blame ME for that - it's not MY fault. I'm not the one that RUINED everything that was accomplished by Stone Cold Steve Austin. You see, at Survivor Series, it means so much more than just the personalities that are involved. It's about ending with Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley. And I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say - that the WWF truly does SUCK! Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his MIND. The man doesn't have it any more! He's a has been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian, and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within! Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like Stone Cold, left him; like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him. Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame 'em. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday at Survivor Series. And he has no hope to save his precious company! Vince McMahon has the same chances of saving the WWF as he did of realising his dream of starting a football league..."

VINCE comes out - Heyman falls to his knees and salaams away. Vince encourages him to continue.

"I want you to know that I was down on my knees, 'cause I know that you're used to men *puckers* kissin' your ass, Vinny. Every time you walk in the back there, there's Patterson and Brisco, oh what a great idea you had, Vince! (mwah mwah mwah mwah), (mwah mwah mwah mwah). You LIKE men kissing your ass, don't you , Vince, huh? 'cause that's what you're all about - a BILLIONAIRE - the BILLIONAIRE VINCE McMAHON, the creator of sports entertainment! I've waited so long to see you face to face like this. And I've waited so long to tell you to your face that I hate your stinkin' guts. But it's not just me. It's your children that hate your stinkin' guts, Vince. And at Survivor Series, your children are gonna do to you what I have waited my whole life to see somebody do to you, Vince. You are, so help me God, the most disgusting, vile son of a (beep) I've ever seen in my life. You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You STOLE Bret Hart's dream, and with that money bought yourself an airplane with WWF all over it. And you KNOW it, you son of a (beep). You stole Shawn Michaels' smile, took your company public, and made yourself a billionaire. But not a self-made billionaire, like you like to tell everybody you are, oh no. See, you're a billionaire on other people's hard work. Your father - your FATHER, Vince McMahon, your father went around the country and shook the hand of every-- you know I'm tellin' the truth, don't you. You know in your heart I'm telling the truth that your father shook the hand of every promoter in this country and swore to them that he'd never compete against them...that his son would never compete against them. And when your father DIED...you competed. And with your ruthless, merciless, take no prisoners attitude, you drove everybody out of business, didn't you, Vince. You ran all the competition to the ground and you stole all their ideas, and you made yourself a billionaire out of it. And you know whose ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole MONE. See I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I....I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole MY dreams, how you stole MY legacy, how you stole everything that ECW represents. Because...while Doink the Clown had a - a green hair and rubber nose, Stone Cold Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around singing Tutti Frutti, ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named "Attitude." Oh, we got Attitude! You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas, and you stole MY LIFE - MY MONEY - MY LEGACY!" Paul removes his hat  and throws it at Vince. "SCREW YOU! SCREW YOU and your family! I'll tell you something, your own CHILDREN hate your guts, and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything you stole from me, for everything you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in front of your WIFE - you flaunt your affairs in Playboy for your children to read! You (beep)! Look at Tazz! Look at Tazz! This man was a KILLER - he was a machine! He was a wrestler - a great wrestler, a real man...but wrestling's a dirty word to you, isn't it Vince? Your father built a wrestling company, and you - you hadda have 'sports entertainment.' 'We had to have sports entertainment, ha ha ha.' He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man, and now he's a fat, little, obnoxious colour commentator, and not even a good one! He is a 'sports entertainer.' He is not a *wrestler*, 'cause you made wrestling a dirty word. You made 'wrestling' a dirty word, Vince. What kind of a man are you? What kind of a man takes - takes wrestling and makes it sports entertainment? At Survivor Series, you're goin' down, Vince. I promise you, you're goin' down, and I'm gonna watch it, and your children are gonna lift their leg, standin' over your grave, and we're gonna laugh, and you know what else I'm gonna do, Vince? I'm gonna run your (beep) outta business. And there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I'm feeling GOOD about myself! AGHHHHHHHHH"

Tazz leaves the broadcast position, sneaks up behind Heyman and applies the Tazzmission. Vince has the mic.  "Paul Heyman...you are the epitome of the Alliance because, this Sunday at Survivor Series, the Alliance will CHOKE."

Glad to see you didnt edit foleys mistake of calling test the us champ and edge the ic champ, when infact they were the opposites. Foley screwed that up but the promo ruled.

I have both that raw and sd taped so I have both of those great promos. makes me want to go pull out the tape.

Foley getting on vinces airplane and quitting was a decent promo too.

A promo that I really liked was back in the summer of 2001. It was when ECW had reformed when RVD and Tommy Dreamer interferred in a Mike Awesom/Lance Storm vs Kane/Jericho match.

Everything looked great for about an hour after that, except at the end of night it was revealed that Stephanie McMahon was the new owner of ECW.

Heyman's promo was great, plus it was so out of the blue the reformation of ECW that night.

I don't have the text, unfortunately, but...

"NO! This is not a joke! I AM NOT A JOKE!"

I'm thinking you are referring to Jericho's promo on the Rock on the Smackdown before the Rumble in 2002.

Rock: "If ya smellll-"

Jericho: NO!!!! ...... NO! NO ! NO! NO! ... This is not a joke! I am not a joke, you stupid son of a BITCH."

That's gold, Jerry.