TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

The ECW ONS Thread

I still think Vince inserted the WWE guys once he realized he couldn't sellout $400 seats to ECW fans. Did he actually think that hardcore ECW fans would shell out that much dough for the Hammerstein ballroom?!? He probably panicked and started putting WW_ guys in to attract WW_ fans who can afford the seats. So don't be surprised to see a bunch of Edgeheads and their goofy kids sandwiched between Sign Guy and Faith No More Guy. I just hope it doesn't affect how "extreme" the wrestling is.

I want to believe differently. The InVasion taught me better. Prove me wrong, Vince.

No way that happens. Vince sees $$$ in ECW. He always wanted to shit all over WCW. No where does this indicate he wanst to shit on ECW. Hell, he admitted on RAW he backed ECW.

This will end up very well for ECW.

True.

WWE always treated ECW like it's little step brother, but when it came to WCW Vince hated and despised WCW, which why you'll never see a WCW tribute show.

Long term, I think Vince sees potential for ECW to take the "hardcore fan" money away from ROH and TNA, and he sees that can sell a good number of DVDs and PPVs since the audience is very loyal. He knows if he keeps the costs low he can make some good money from ECW. It's not going to be as valuable to him as his WWE brands but he's trying to find a way to make money off of it without gutting or overworking the current roster.

It'd also be a nice place for certain guys from the developmental territories to go through before they hit WWE and get a bit more seasoning.

Guest rawmvp

At the moment, it looks as if New Jack will not be making an appearance at "ECW One Night Stand."

New Jack is currently entangled in a legal battle in the State of New York, which is preventing WWE from using him, as much as they would love to have him at the show.

Jack is apparently aware of the issue and has tried to get it sorted so he could appear at the PPV, but it isn't expected to make any difference.

With that in mind, it does open the door for New Jack to appear at the next ECW event, which it looks like WWE will put on.

credit: pwinsider

JOEY STYLES CONFIRMS THAT HE IS CALLING ECW ONE NIGHT STAND THIS SUNDAY NIGHT

By: Joey Styles

6/8/2005 12:00:52 PM 

Well, RVD let the cat out of the bag. What a horrible expression. Why would anyone keep an unfortunate feline in a sack anyway?

In any case, with the permission of WWE, I am very happy to publicly confirm that I will indeed be calling play-by-play for ECW ONE NIGHT STAND this Sunday night live on pay-per-view as WWE and I finalized an agreement on Saturday afternoon.

I also want to take the opportunity to publicly express my sincerest gratitude to Kevin Dunn, Jim Ross, Sue DeRosa, Sheryl Ann Yamuder and of course, my friend Tommy Dreamer all for being a pleasure, both professionally and personally, to work with on this agreement.

In preparation for this weekend, I am spending what very little free time I have intensely studying The Rise and Fall of ECW (I had not seen it until now), an advance copy of Forever Hardcore, and all of the ECW DVDs that Pioneer distributed as well.

Finally, I want to thank most of all, you fans of ECW who purchased almost 300,000 copies of the Rise and Fall of ECW worldwide. Without your unwaivering support of ECW for the past 12 years, there would be no Hardcore Homecoming and ECW One Night Stand.

At the end of this weekend, we will have all been a part of the rise and fall...and rise of ECW.

Now, I'm glad he is and all...but this does make him look like a hypocrite cause he's definately gone out of his way saying he never would work for WWE and stuff.

But I guess money talks.

Never say never in wrestling, HartFan.

Forever Hardcore is the non WWE Documentary about ECW being released this Friday. There is a thread started by me on it in General Wrestling about it.

If New Jack does appear, they HAVE to get "Natural Born Killas" playing the entire time he is out.

It just wouldn't feel right otherwise...kinda like when he was in TNA.

New Jack is the poster child of ECW....whenever people claim that ECW is nothing but garbage they always refer to New Jack, Axl Rotten, or Balls Mahoney matches.

If you have watched some of Balls Mahoney's non garbage matches that are more obscure at not easily available, he is suprisingly a decent worker and can keep people's interest while WORKING, and not just during garbage-mania matches.

And what is this about ECW's neeeeeeeext event?

If this show proves to make some money and pulls a decent buy rate, you can bet your ass this won't be the end of WWE's ECW.

If you have watched some of Balls Mahoney's non garbage matches that are more obscure at not easily available, he is suprisingly a decent worker and can keep people's interest while WORKING, and not just during garbage-mania matches.

And what is this about ECW's neeeeeeeext event?

Well I mean I figured there would be a next event, but this is just the first time I heard a semi-reliable source reporting that WWE had already planned to go ahead with one.

If there is a next ECW event, its planned for November...

So it's probably November 2 Remember. 

Dames

I don't think WWE would do that.

An ECW event competing with Survivor Series? I like ECW being back and even *I* think that would be a bad idea for WWE.

I only caught the last 15 minutes or so.

Heyman said Vince originally wanted the show to be at The Spectrum in Philadelphia, but that was vetoed and Hammerstein Ballroom was chose instead.

Heyman said there's some surprise matches and appearances that are under wraps.

Heyman said there's going to be an 18 x 18 ring at his request (as opposed to the standard WWE 20 x 20) and the show is going to be as authentic as possible.

Heyman said he doesn't plan on being in WWE past the end of 2005 (his contract expires) and that, after all, WWE may need some competition.

If there is a next ECW event, its planned for November...

So it's probably November 2 Remember. 

Dames

I don't think WWE would do that.

An ECW event competing with Survivor Series? I like ECW being back and even *I* think that would be a bad idea for WWE.

FYI, there's more than one Sunday in November.