TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

The ECW ONS Thread

Guest *KNK*

Sounds like Heyman and Dreamer are playing nostalgia here for ECW but i meant that in a good way. Quite frankly Tanaka/Awesome is the only way to use Tanaka anyways...

So this makes the card

Guerrero Vs Benoit

Dreamer and Sandman Vs Dudleyz

Super Crazy Vs Little Guido Vs Tajiri

Psicosis Vs Mysterio

Tanaka Vs Awesome

anything left out?

Jericho vs Storm

Sounds like Heyman and Dreamer are playing nostalgia here for ECW but i meant that in a good way. Quite frankly Tanaka/Awesome is the only way to use Tanaka anyways...

So this makes the card

Guerrero Vs Benoit

Dreamer and Sandman Vs Dudleyz

Super Crazy Vs Little Guido Vs Tajiri

Psicosis Vs Mysterio

Tanaka Vs Awesome

anything left out?

Jericho v.s. Storm

RVD in-ring promo (per ECW Byte This)

Joey Styles will announce

Announced as appearing but unused so far:

Tazz, Spike Dudley, Al Snow, Sabu, Balls Mahoney, Danny Doring and Roadkill

CW Anderson, Rhyno, Joel Gertner, Axl Rotten. Justin Credible, Kid Kash, Mikey Whipwreck, The BWO - Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova, and The Blue Guy

Guest *KNK*

How could I neglect the last match of storm's career?

Looking at the remaining names, I'm trying to formulate potential matches and I'm guessing Balls and Axl Vs Doring and Roadkill...

Tazz will not work a match but likely choke out Angle during the inevitable ECW Vs THEM showdown.

I'm not so assured the others will actually wrestle but merely appear.

He said it. He said he tried to contact them and get them in the show but they couldn't do it for some reason and he thought that was a shame. Shane Douglas, the Franchise wouldn't come because of Heyman, Heyman said he didn't give a shit.

I lost a lot of respect for Tommy after how he put down Hardcore Homecoming on Byte This.  Dreamer is so corporate he either does not realize, or knows and is hiding it to save his ass, that Hardcore Homecoming represents what ECW was about much more than ONS.  Hardcore Homecoming is an FU to the big corporate promotion, who is ruining the legacy of ECW by turning it into some invasion crap angle.  Fuck you Tommy, you truly are nothing but a sell out bitch.  Not because you are in WWE, but because you are putting aside what you preached just to move up the corporate ladder.  Go give Mr. Ace another hand job, as I heard you were his right hand man, and I think we all know what that means.

ONS > Hardcore Homecoming. HH doesn't even have the brain of Heyman behind it and he booked the whole fucking thing. He made ECW work, not Shane Douglas. Besides, the main event is something like Funk vs Douglas vs. some other old dude, they can't go extreme anymore, come on. They don't have Tajiri and RVD, they don't have the Dudleys, they don't have Eddie Guerrero versus Benoit japan style, they don't have Jericho versus Storm, One Night Stand will be more then ECW then Hardcore Homecoming. There will be huge surprises and RVD is doing a shoot, believe me, ONS > Hardcore Homecoming.

I'd guess Spike Dudley would be going over some large wrestler (Bam Bam?).

And I'd think the RAW and Smackdown invaders will be involved in a brawl where the lights will go out a few times and alot of shit happens all over the arena.

Here is a link to this news:

http://www.liveaudiowrestling.com/wo/news/...t.asp?aID=13431

--It was reported in Japan yesterday so we can confirm that Masato Tanaka vs. Mike Awesome will be another match on Sunday's ECW PPV show. That goes along with Chris Jericho vs. Lance Storm, Little Guido vs. Super Crazy vs. Tajiri, Rey Mysterio vs. Psychosis, Chris Benoit vs. Eddie Guerrero and the weapons bloodbath and a million cameos and broken tables match with Tommy Dreamer & Sandman vs. The Dudleys.

Rhyno against Justin Credible for ECW World Title?

I think a title match would depend on what they're planning on doing in the future w/ECW. If it's really a one-and-done, I'd rather them have Dreamer win it.

Guest nokia

Last time I saw Mike Awesome was in Tna last year or so...He looked pretty out of shape

Even if he comes in and wrestles for 5 mins., by the time the next (potential) ECW PPV rolls around he'll be fully healed.

That's exactly right.

I think it's almost a sure thing that this wil not be the end of ECW. They might play it up on TV as if that's the case, but I think we just might see the ECW guys start to for factions on RAW and SD. Heck, like someone else here suggested earlier, we might see SD draft only ECW guys leading to SD being the show that is taken over by ECW, so Paul Heyman can "compete" with Bishoff.

The fact remains that ECW can make Vince money, and a ton of money if he plays his cards right. This ECW thing is the most over angle in a very long time. When was the last time something was talked about this much (in a positive way)? Just look at how many topics we have talking about ECW in the WWE folder.

Besides, the main event is something like Funk vs Douglas vs. some other old dude, they can't go extreme anymore, come on.

I'm not going to argue whether or not ONS > HH or vice versa, but the fact that you don't know/realize/care who the other guy is and what that match signifies means you really don't know much about ECW then.

Dames

Guest *KNK*

That same "old man" will be @ ONS anyways, so what if ANY value does HH have? That its being held in the delapidated ECW Arena? If that building was big enough and strong enough to support a ppv, they would have hosted the show there.

HH is nothing but a desperate attempt by a bitter former star using his hatred for Paul Heyman to put on this farce of a show.

Guest Coffey

I heard that in the final minute WWE said it was OK and TNA said it wasn't.

If you were asking me, probably because there will be some people that won't be at ONS that will be at HH, guys like Raven, Douglas (obviously), most likely New Jack now. Plus being at the ECW Arena gives it a more authentic feel as well.

I don't see anything wrong with having two tribute shows.

Dames

Well, other than Raven & Douglas, who else would have came from TNA? Kid Kash isn't under contract anymore. Lynn hasn't been in TNA in over a year...

Dames

Are they going to put HH on DVD?

Yes:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2005/06/06/1074102.html

The rematch of the August 17, 1997 three-way dance takes place at the highly-anticipated Hardcore Homecoming show in Philadelphia at Viking Hall, aka the world's most famous bingo hall, and home to many, many ECW memories. Fans who don't have tickets to the sold-out show will be able to see the match down the road on a DVD.

Guest *KNK*
Well, other than Raven & Douglas, who else would have came from TNA?  Kid Kash isn't under contract anymore.  Lynn hasn't been in TNA in over a year...

Dames

That's what befuddles me. Aside from Jerry Lynn who i believe is STILL rehabbing a injury(and not even listed on the roster) Douglas who already confirmed he wanted nothing to do with Paul Heyman and Raven, someone that is buried in the mid-card(and doing a suspension angle) are the only connections to ECW. What exactly is TNA worried about?

Some workers on the tna roster had a couple appearences on ECW but weren't ever a "part" of ecw such as Daniels, Dusty Rhodes and Konnan(I believe).

Guest *KNK*

I'm sure ROHWRESTLING.com will carry the dvd since they seem to have sadly sided with Shane Douglas's charade.