One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

No genius. he WAS mocking them.

The only debate is wether he was mocking them "in character" or shoot. Which there is no way to know, unless you ask him.

IMO, i thought he was mocking them, character or not.

You still lose.

It baffles me why WWE would show his mocking reactions to the match. Of course marks wouldn't get it, thinking he was really liking the match(like some people here). But he was there to put over the ECW product for one night, not to shit on it.

This confirms your thoughts. YOU think that JBL was mocking them, IN REAL LIFE. You even say so. If JBL had been instructed to "put ECW over", but didn't, that would be JBL, the "real" person, burying them, not the character. So there is no debate of whether it was in-character or not, you've already decided that it WASN'T in character.

The "oh my god" look on his face wasn't from him being impressed. He couldn't believe how ridiculous the match was in his opinion. At no point the begining or the end did I think he was actually impressed.

How do you know this? Really? And stop calling people marks. You have no idea.

IMO, he was mocking them in a shoot.

Others say he was in character.

Either way, he was mocking them.

Quit trying to argue the meaning of opinion. That has nothing to do with this. Everything is an opinion.

Ask anyone who isn't a moron like you, he was mocking them, could have been in character, could have been shoot. 99% will say he was making fun of the match.

you are that 1% who knows so little about the business that he thinks someone laughing and making "kick out" gestures with looks of disbelief on his face is really impressed with a match.

If JBL was in character, IMO, he did a good job making sure it came off as making fun of the match, and not enjoyment.

Quit trying to argue the meaning of opinion. That has nothing to do with this. Everything is an opinion.

That's right, it's just like assholes, everybody has one.

Only, some are full of shit.

;)

Holy shit -

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/product.asp?pf_id=WWE1112

WWE1112_L.JPG

Exclusive to Silver Vision in the UK and Europe, this DVD will have a special limited edition slipcase and a limited edition mini poster of the PPV included - strictly while stocks last!

Tommy Dreamer and The Sandman vs Bubba & D-Von Dudley

Masato Tanaka vs Mike Awesome

Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit

Sabu vs Rhyno

Extreme luchador action:

Rey Mysterio vs Psicosis

A three way dance:

The insane luchador Super Crazy vs Tajiri with Sinister Minister vs Little Guido

Lance Storm with Dawn Marie vs Chris Jericho

DVD extras:

- Alternate commentary for the whole event by JBL.

Promos

- TV Spot 1

- TV Spot 2

ECW Vignettes

- Tommy Dreamer

- Sabu

- Rob Van Dam

- Sandman

- Dudley Boys

- ECW Funeral

- ECW Fans At The Show

ALTERNATE COMMENTARY BY JBL!

Guest JesusJuiced

If you laugh at near falls, you're not in character.

His reactions were of someone watching a pre-determined match, not a legitimate fight. If he had been in character, then despite his feelings on ECW, he should have been blown away by the amount of punishment both men took. Instead he laughed them off because of how the match was worked.

JesusJuiced, thats exactly why i think he was shooting on them.

IMO, he was mocking them in a shoot.

Others say he was in character.

Either way, he was mocking them.

Ask anyone who isn't a moron like you, he was mocking them, could have been in character, could have been shoot. 99% will say he was making fun of the match.

you are that 1% who knows so little about the business that he thinks someone laughing and making "kick out" gestures with looks of disbelief on his face is really impressed with a match.

If JBL was in character, IMO, he did a good job making sure it came off as making fun of the match, and not enjoyment.

Oh man. Don't talk to me about "knowing the business" you fucking tool. There's a lot I have to learn, and I'm not gonna make an insane claim that I DO know this "business", exactly, but I don't need YOU talking to me about it, you idiot. Where are you getting 99% from? Did you go out and conduct a survey or something? And the "it's my opinion" crap is so weak. Opinions can be WRONG, ya know?

I don't know the "business" ethier, but i know enough to not look like a moron in thinking JBL was enjoying the match. But then again, I'm the "idiot" in this case.

I guess you missed Dames post, and my attmpts to end this stupidity. You are arguing over whether or not JBL enjoyed an ECW match. Think about that.

You didn't understand my post, btw. Reading between the lines, you would see that I DO now "the business", a lot more than you, in fact, I was just saying how stupid it is of you to be throwing around such asinine statements like "you know so little about the business" and that, though I know a lot, I don't know nearly as much as others. Not you, though.

You didn't understand my post, btw. Reading between the lines, you would see that I DO now "the business", a lot more than you, in fact,

haha and your showing it really well.

Ok i'm done trying to convince you, since you are one of, if not the only person who thinks JBL wasn't mocking them. It should be obvious that you are dead wrong here.

Anyways, JBL in character or not was totally over the line with his reaction to the match. He didn't add any heat to him or the match, he was just exposing it. Shame on him.

I might just buy the DVD just for JBL's commentary. That should be a shoot.

fixed.

I agree, it's a good selling point. I wish it was running commentary as if he had a mic on him all night long.

Guest jumpingbombangel

I'm amped for this DVD! However...JBL's commentary needs to have overlapping comments given by Mike and the 'bots for clarity and so I don't feel stupid while watching.

Guest BrokenWings

So, is it simply JBL by himself?

I don't see any redeeming value in this, because JBL is not going to put ECW over, and as such, should not have a place on a tribute DVD.

...and I still can't figure out why Awesome hasn't been pushed big time by the WWE, he's so good.

Because he isn't actually any good. He's only good in a certain style of match, that being a hardcore brawl with lots of crazy spots to disguise the fact that he isn't very good without a great deal of camouflage to hide his weaknesses. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does greatly limit the ways you can make use of a guy like him, hence WWE having no real interest in him. About the only person to get a good to great match out of Awesome is Masato Tanaka in a hardcore brawl like the one at ONS, and WWE doesn't do that sort of thing anymore, at least not on the kind of regular basis that it would be needed to be done on so as to maintain the illusion that Awesome is any good in the ring.

Hunter's Quad, I gave insight into Awesome earlier in this thread. In Awesome you have a guy who really isn't good on the mic, and in a standard wrestling match he's highly mediocre. I doubt anyone in WCW would have cared about him being the Fat Chick Thriller if he was putting people through tables and being a bad ass. Thing is in a regular match he couldn't do all that stuff and he really isn't good enough to do anything else. In fact I can't think of a really notable must see match he has ever had that didn't involve Tanaka in some way.

...and I still can't figure out why Awesome hasn't been pushed big time by the WWE, he's so good.

Because he isn't actually any good. He's only good in a certain style of match, that being a hardcore brawl with lots of crazy spots to disguise the fact that he isn't very good without a great deal of camouflage to hide his weaknesses. While that isn't necessarily a bad thing, it does greatly limit the ways you can make use of a guy like him, hence WWE having no real interest in him. About the only person to get a good to great match out of Awesome is Masato Tanaka in a hardcore brawl like the one at ONS, and WWE doesn't do that sort of thing anymore, at least not on the kind of regular basis that it would be needed to be done on so as to maintain the illusion that Awesome is any good in the ring.

He was passable in WCW with the right opponents, and he didn't have to kill someone to do it.

I agree Awesome is rotten in the ring. But he's not any worse than the next hoss.

I physically threw up after an Albert match. I was sick anyways, but after watching it and becoming pissed, i threw up.

See, I think Tanaka always basically carried Awesome. I have actually seen Tanaka have some very watchable matches with others in ECW (someone mentioned a Balls Mahoney match), but Awesome couldn't find very many guys willing to take such huge amounts of punishment. Maybe Spike, but that was a joke for a main event feud.

The Tanaka matches got everyone so high on Awesome that his routine matches couldn't help but disappoint.