TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sdfaulk

Beer

Guest sdfaulk
why is drinking bud like drinking milk
I can come home from work at 0730 ( that would be like 5pm in mortal time)and drink a half dozen Budweisers over an hour and not even begin to feel even slightly warm and fuzzy. It makes me wonder if I just should turn to prescription drugs like the big boys for relaxation and sleep. No, I'm not an alcoholic and I nev

er will be drinking Bud.

Any legal suggestions? Remember it's Canada...we may grow our own at home but we depend on the big boys for brewing.

Edited by sdfaulk

As a Canadian alcoholic college aged kid:

YES! Drink as much as you can. Remember the Bud here is differend than the bud brewed in St. Louis.

Plus, you'll sleep much better. It only takes a shot of Kool Aid the following morning and you're good to go.

Guest news_gimmick

I don't like the taste of Budweiser period. And he is right, the buzz just never happens with it. I will always take MGD over Bud any day.

Or you could drink a microbrewed beer. Macro-brews are generally watered down and have less flavor. Try to find a micobrewery near you, you might end up paying more per beer, but the quality and alcohol content will generally be better/higher.

Compaired to what most college kids drink these days here in Canada (Lucky, Lakeport, Bohemian) MGD is the way to go at college (we don't really have that great of a selection)

The alcohol content from American beer is not different than Canadian beer. It's like 0.2% difference not 1%.

Gimme that god damned book back!

Also your bribe of America by Jon Stewart, I read in Chapters on Saturday. In a 25% of Father's Day rack, along with bios of Phil Mickelson and Pierre Trudeau.

I hadn't had an MGD for close to 4 years until this past semster at school. Not bad, but I still prefere Blue.

And yes, a swig of Kool-Aid first thing when you wake up is big. Don't ask me why, it shouldn't be. Perhaps because I'm not a coffee drinker.

C'mon, you Canadians don't drink Kokanee? I live in the US, and unless I'm feeling really cheap, I get it almost every time I go to the store. Kokanee's some good shit.

An work buddy of mine said Tequiza tasted like Fruit Loops.

I like Guiness, but only as a kickoff to the drinkfest, because drinking an entire pack is a bit much, have to go with something lighter after two Guinesses.

Compaired to what most college kids drink these days here in Canada (Lucky, Lakeport, Bohemian) MGD is the way to go at college (we don't really have that great of a selection)

MGD must have the coolest commercial out then...

Bud is trash you can either:

Drink better tasting water beers if you're a lightweight:

Coors light, Miller Light, Pabst. Let me be frank I think Bud tastes worse than any beer.

Go with a good tasting good beer. Which will usually give you the happy buzz that good alcohol tends to give. There's far too many strong/weak fruity/dry combinations to reccomend, have fun. Have a taster of Ruination. Try some mead. It'll do you DAMN right.

Go balls out. Malt liquor. Steel Reserve especially. If you can't get a buzz, do it. I can't get a buzz off of conventional beers. That's probably why I really cut back. Warning sign.

Either way, I would drink night train, moonshine, absinthe, schlitz, boone's farm, I would drink ANYTHING before Bud and Bud Light. That shit is nasty.

In my experience, Canada's big on 'ciders'. 9% drinks that taste like soda and will send you into delerium tremens and diabetic shock at the same time.

Coors light, Miller Light, Pabst. Let me be frank I think Bud tastes worse than any beer.

Go with a good tasting good beer. Which will usually give you the happy buzz that good alcohol tends to give. There's far too many strong/weak fruity/dry combinations to reccomend, have fun. Have a taster of Ruination. Try some mead. It'll do you DAMN right.

Go balls out. Malt liquor. Steel Reserve especially. If you can't get a buzz, do it. I can't get a buzz off of conventional beers. That's probably why I really cut back. Warning sign.

Either way, I would drink night train, moonshine, absinthe, schlitz, boone's farm, I would drink ANYTHING before Bud and Bud Light. That shit is nasty.

In my experience, Canada's big on 'ciders'. 9% drinks that taste like soda and will send you into delerium tremens and diabetic shock at the same time.

What does malt liquor taste like? I have considered getting some before. I love beer--but I'm afraid malt will taste like shit.

What does malt liquor taste like? I have considered getting some before. I love beer--but I'm afraid malt will taste like shit.

It's harsh.

It's do-able, however, if you eat something about a half hour first.

I puked from a swig of it last year, but that was on an empty stomach. I won't lie, it's gross. But 4 bucks to get hammered? Swallow hard my friend, and hit up taco Bell beforehand.

Kokanee is good, but not any better or any worse than anything else.

Beer in the States is infinitely cheaper than beer in Canada.

Damn right, even after the exchange rate. I visited Toronto a week after my 19th birthday (legal drinking age in Ontario) and beer and liquor were ridiculously expensive. I had to settle for red wine to get wasted affordably.

Back on topic, I have always been a hard liquor guy. I hate the taste of most liquors, but fuck it, it gets me drunk and doesn't leave me bloated like beer. But recently, I have been going to a pizza place/bar, Papa Joe's, with some friends. On Wednesday nights, they have 40% off everything, so pitchers of domestic beer are a mere $4.50. Budweiser from the tap is actually ridiculously delicious.

If you puke off of a swig of malt liquor, you must be the biggest lightweight in history.

It basically just tastes like heavier, slightly sweeter beer, and has a little more alcohol in it. I've heard other people say that it tastes disgusting, but personally, I think it's just as good as beer, and has the bonus that it gets you drunk faster.

If you puke off of a swig of malt liquor, you must be the biggest lightweight in history.

It basically just tastes like heavier, slightly sweeter beer, and has a little more alcohol in it. I've heard other people say that it tastes disgusting, but personally, I think it's just as good as beer, and has the bonus that it gets you drunk faster.

A valid claim, but something just didn't sit right. I am indeed a lightweight, but Colt 45 is pretty harsh.

Its true he is a lightweight (CG).

Anyways I prefer Rickards Red or Carlsberg for beer though I don't drink much.

If you want poison but get drunk quick and cheep Mongoose is pretty good (and it comes with its own warning sign on it as well)

Its true he is a lightweight (CG).

You weigh 80 pounds more than I, and you stumbled to Erb's class after 3 rye and gingers...although you playing Cruising World in the pub with no hands on the wheel was classic.

As for Canucks on the board, try Creemore Springs.

As far as malt liquor goes, I used to drink a LOT of 40's of it, so I'm pretty educated. You need to consider a few things with Malt Liquor; how well the first 40 goes down, because it's always the harshest (the eating 30 minutes before is good advice, but I'd push it to 60 minutes personally), how successive 40s hold up on a binge, how it tastes once it gets warm and you're down to the swill (Malt Liquor 40s MUST be near ice cold when you crack it open or you're gonna be fucked by the end), etc. etc. Using that criteria, Mickey's is IMO the best, with Country Club coming in second. the one knock on Mickey's is that it comes in a green bottle, which makes it more succeptable to skunkyness, but the odds are low unless you're really unlucky. I flip flop on Colt and OE. Generally I prefer OE on taste and the fact that it's a little heavier and thus easier to pound without the gas fucking with your stomach, though I strongly urge against drinking more than two OEs in a night, because it WILL give you a wicked hangover, while Colt is a little nicer to your body once you top the 80oz mark. St Ides and...ummmm......what the fuck is it called...steel reserve, those are the bottom of the barrel as far as I'm concerned. Steel Reserve should be reserved for only the alkiest of alkaholiks.

I gave up Malt Liquor a long time ago though, and I'd advise against anyone picking up the habit. Drink Pabst, Schlitz, Gennesee, High Life....or if all else fails Icehouse or Natural Light/Ice. Cheap Ice beer is a much better way to go than 40s of malt.

In terms of ACTUAL beer and not swill, if you can afford it treat yourself to microbrews or shit like Samuel Smith, Guinness, Sierra Nevada, etc, that's the way to go.