TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
zyn081

Stables, who got the most out of them and who was

Another thing I was thinking about was the effect stables have on the members. Which stable has helped wrestlers careers to skyrocket the most and which has jinxed the careers of those involved.

Help careers skyrocket? The Four Horsemen would probably be the best example. Of course, it helped Ric Flair, who was already over. But look what it did for guys like the Andersons, Luger, Windham, and Sid Vicious.

As far as jinxing careers, I'd almost have to say DX. HBK was already a known commodity, and while it definitely helped HHH, look what happened to X-Pac, Billy Gunn, and Road Dogg in the following years. Also, Chyna...but she deserved to not be in wrestling at this point anyway.

Guest Fook

Being in Evolution definitely helped Orton and Batista.

The nWo was great for Hall, Nash, and Hogan. But any of the b-team jobbers like Stevie Ray and Horace were worse off.

DX killed XPac but I don't think it made much difference to Billy Gunn. He'd have wound up the same either way. Road Dogg is in the middle.

Guest jm29195

RTC destroyed Val Venis', Bull Buchanan, Good(God)father, Stevie Richards and Ivory's careers....

I think being in the Radicals helped Benoit and Guerrero. Being made to look like the stars of the group helped them establish solid upper midcard footing which made their main event pushes easier. Malenko and Saturn didn't get much out of it, but they were no worse off than if they came in on their own.

As far as death stables go, I'd say it's pretty tough to top the Alliance. Out of all the non-WWF participants, only Booker T and RVD managed to escape with some credibility. Meanwhile, guys like DDP, Kanyon, Palumbo, O'Haire, Jindrak, Dreamer, etc. were devestated by the repeated jobbing and infamously horrible booking.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

I can't imagine we would have Batista as World champion (even now, the thought of that makes me shudder) if he hadn't been a part of Evolution. That's the first thing that sprung to mind when I read this topic (which is a cool topic, BTW).

I think Triple H was aided greatly by his association with Shawn Michaels, which then helped aid Chyna, so their DX antics helped them become stars.

Orlando Jordan wouldn't be where he is now without being in JBL's stable.

The Rock was helped a lot by the Nation, whereas I think Faarooq could've done better, and once he got there and had been beaten and overtaken by the Rock (and rightfully so) he wasn't going anywhere.

Any former ECW-ers had their careers ruined by being a part of the Alliance. But hey

Guest Prof_Plague
RTC destroyed Val Venis', Bull Buchanan, Good(God)father, Stevie Richards and Ivory's careers....

Venis and Godfather managed to bounce-back. It hardly affected Buchanan and helped Ivory better than where she was. And Richards, c'mon. That was the hottest he's been in WWE.

Guest Rrrsh

All the 97 Gang Wars was pretty much a failure in those charicters, sans a few like Rocky.

Evo comes right to mind for the upside, as does Brood in the Corprate Ministry. I know that sounds weird, but it gave them air time untill they could groom their gimmick, that was needed for them.

Guest cacheton

The Nation helped The Rock (obviously), and D'Lo Brown. Faarooq obviously got the short end of the stick and Henry and Godfather didn't do much while in the Nation anyway.

The Horsemen helped Paul Roma out. Say what you want but he got a "pretty" good run with Orndorff because of it.

Looking back at TNA is it such a surprise that Daniels and Skipper (Low-Ki wasn't around much) are the only 2 credible wrestlers that came out of SEX?

I swear the Hart foundation had/has a curse on it.

Ha. The Hart family is wrestling's equivalent of the Kennedys

Finally, somebodys said what I was looking for. :headbang:

In reallity, not just in the ring, the Hart Foundation has jinxed its members. Owen, Bulldog and Pillman are gone :( Bret cant wrestle any more. :( And god knows whats happend to Anvil.