TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

Games you HEARD were great...

Growing up, I always had to have the latest game. Whether it was Mario, Zelda, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, whatever, I had to have it. Now, back then, I was known as the video game king on my block because I was the kind of person that tried to master games. (Things have certainly changed today...but anyway)

But while I was playing these games, I also had homework to do, chores, etc and eventually, it stopped becoming a daily occurrence thanks to work and things like that. Once I started to have to "take sides" between consoles (when systems got high priced and I had to actually pay for them *myself*) , I started missing out on a TON of games that I heard were great, but I've never gotten to play.

Clear example.

I've never played Metroid Prime.

Never played Starfox 64.

Silent Hill and all of its sequels.

The Conker games.

Unreal Tournament

Halflife

Driver

Hitman

etc.

What games have you HEARD were good, but never got the chance to play yourself?

Dames

For Final Fantasy X, I've seen footage from the commercials, but I've never actually played it. The only one I ever tried was VII, and I just couldn't get into it.

Some other games...

Halo 2

Silent Hill (all of them)

Resident Evil (all of them)

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Ratchet & Clank (all of them)

Soul Calibur 2

That reminds me. Chalk me up as a guy who's never played ANY of the Final Fantasy games.

Or Chrono Trigger.

Or most RPG's in general.

Never played Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic either. Come to think of it....I don't think I've played any SW games.

Dames

Wow Aero...no Resident Evil games? Just never had the chance to play or no interest?

I see you lurking there, Spree. That reminds me, I've never played Viewiful Joe either, despite your glorious review. Same for Animal Crossing.

Dames

Guest Fook

I've never played any Resident Evil games either.

The only Final Fantasy games I've played are VI and VII.

I've never played GTA Vice City or San Andreas.

Never played any of the following series:

Chrono

Half Life

Starfox

Hitman

Driver

Viewtiful Joe

Ratchet & Clank

Silent Hill

Also never played FF VII (VIII and X are the ony ones I've played), any of the Resident Evil games before 4, any of the Unreal games.

Yeah I've been deprived.

Wow Aero...no Resident Evil games?  Just never had the chance to play or no interest? 

No interest at all. I'm not a fan of the horror genre, whether it be video games or movies.

As much of a Zelda mark as I am, I've also never played the second one.

Most XBOX exclusives and N64 single player games. So pretty much:

Mario 64

Zelda 64, Majora's mask

Halo

Like most everyone else, a ton of Saturn games that are hyped as legendary, but are EXCEEDINGLY rare. (A couple friends I know have said some of them are blown way out of proportion by Saturn fans and people simply awed by the rarity and price.

Shining Force 3

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Radiant Silvergun

Guardian Heroes (REALLY want to play this one)

I've been into RPGs since the age of 12 and I had no interest in Zelda. I still don't.

I have been really hesitant about playing FFX, even though my roommate gave it to me. X-2, I;ve already gave my opinion based on what I saw, no need ro regurgitate it here.

The only Fire Pro Wrestling game I liked was the one where they have the sickest, physically impossible moves. I think that came out in 96, as the guys in the video gaming store my then roommate worked at used to make feds. The character I had nothing but martial arts kicks and suplexes.

I've been into RPGs since the age of 12 and I had no interest in Zelda. I still don't.

I have been really hesitant about playing FFX, even though my roommate gave it to me. X-2, I;ve already gave my opinion based on what I saw, no need ro regurgitate it here.

Don't base your willingness to play FF X based on X-2. Completely different games with completely different attitudes. I don't even count X-2 as a real FF game, more like a weird expansion of X that you had to pay full price for.

I never bought or played SM 64. odd since I have had a 64 since 97 xmas (actually I havent bought a 64 game since no mercy came out in nov 2000, and I haven;t actually played my n64 in like 2 years)

Don't base your willingness to play FF X based on X-2. Completely different games with completely different attitudes. I don't even count X-2 as a real FF game, more like a weird expansion of X that you had to pay full price for.

Oh I know, at this point its the investment of time that concerns me the most, as I know people who still play it to this day because of blitzball.

You're not alone Dames, I played Mario 64 back in the days of selling those systems, and had less interest in it than in Zelda. I think the only game that made me even remotely interested in buying an N64 was Rogue Squadron.

I never really got into the Final Fantasy series. I remember people going crazy for VII and VIII.

Also, I never got to play the first Metal Gear.

Most of the entire RPG genre, I've never played.

Stuff like Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy, etc... I've never played.

the Metroid games I have yet to play. I honestly don't remember ever playing a Metroid game.

Those are all the ones I can think of at the moment. I'm sure there are a bunch more.

As an aside, everyone should play Final Fantasy Vi and Chrono Trigger.

Oh, HERE's a game: Myst I played for like 15 minutes and hated it, but a lot of people loved it. For me, I thought it was twiddling dials wit little-no logic accompanied by pretty graphics.

Sanitariu, is supposed to be an awesome adventure game, never played it.

A lot of lauded PC gamed, the Thief and Elder Scoll series (I played Daggerfall, it was a buggy mess which reminded me why I generally shinned PC RPGS)

I hate all MMORPGS, besudes City of Heroes, where I got a character up to like level 9, only because OMG it had a collision system that almost made it feel like a game!

I never got into the Harvest Moons or Pokemons. They are both supposed to be deep and fun, but I need just the tiniest bit of immediate gratification.