TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

Bad Games That You Love

Super Baseball Simulator 2000 for the SNES.

Some of the CRAZIEST Baseball ever...which makes it a bad game to some.

Fun as fuck, says I.

Dames

Super Baseball Simulator 2000 for the SNES. 

Some of the CRAZIEST Baseball ever...which makes it a bad game to some. 

Fun as fuck, says I.

Dames

I'll agree to that.

As for sports games, JOE MONTANA'S NFL FOOTBALL 94!

We still play this. A buddy of mine who doesn't play sporting games was watching us play one time, and sincerely thought Steven Hawking was doing the play by play.

Guest Mosaicv2

WCW Mayhem

WCW Backstage Assault

Big Mutha Truckers

Also anyone remember "Bugsy"; he's some sort of Bobcat character in this video game I remember, but I think it wasn't that bad.

Also anyone remember "Bugsy"; he's some sort of Bobcat character in this video game I remember, but I think it wasn't that bad.

Bubsy. First game was mediocre at best...well over 10 years ago, so today it'd probably be considered bad.

Bubsy 2 was AWFUL.

The Jaguar game I remember reviews being "eh" for.

Bubsy 3D sucked heavily, too.

I remember when Pit Fighter first came out, my local arcade had people lines up to play...the final boss was that direct rip off of Humongous from the Road Warrior, he had that one hit kill (he would hoist you in the air by the neck and then snap it)...then you had to face each other if it was a multiplayer game after you beat him...it also features a premise later used in Def Jam: Fight For NY with the audeince getting involved in the fight if you get too close...

WCW Mayhem

WCW Backstage Assault

Big Mutha Truckers

I didn't think Mayem was that bad. I rented it once when it came out for the N64 and I thought it was decent (but nowhere near the thq wcw games). it was the first wrestling game to have backstage areas so I thought that was cool. and the annoucner (mean gene) actually announced the guys coming to the ring and if they were the champ or not. plus they had the ppv password thing (which didnt last long)

I never played backstage assault

Guest Essa_Angelico

I used to love playing James Pond 2: Robocod.

Jedi power battles comes to mind, loved that game.

Battle of Olympus for the NES.

Guest Askewniverse

Jurassic Park (Genesis)

Duck Tales (NES)

Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (NES)

Duck Tales was pretty damn good, IIRC. Rescue Rangers too.

Speaking of, Magical Quest on SNES was pretty good too...

After looking a couple seconds, they were all made by Capcom. (and there was a Duck Tales II as well)

Way too many games being listed in here that weren't bad games.

Though a pretty horrible game overall, my nephew and I loved Dead or Alive 2 because it was so fun to mock. Can't forget the Dennis Rodman guy either.

Duck Tales was pretty damn good, IIRC. Rescue Rangers too.

Speaking of, Magical Quest on SNES was pretty good too...

Between Capcom and Sega, Disney had bar-none some of the best licensed games of any era during the 8-bit/16-bit days. Only Konami seemed to come close.

Sure, there was the boring stuff like Rescue Rangers (co-op is nice, but any little kid would probably rather take Contra), but Capcom had the Ducktales games, the Magical Quests (the Japan-only 3 is actually coming out here on GBA; decent in its time, though), Darkwing Duck (Mega Man clone), Aladdin on SNES, and the Great Circus Mystery.

Sega had the Genesis Aladdin (preview of the goodness to come in EWJ and World of Illusion.

Of course, almost all of them pale next to Mickey Mania

There was some sort of Ducktales/Donald game for Game Gear that I liked when I was younger. I also really liked the Game Gear Star Wars game, although it was probably crap next to the SNES games.

And Jurassic Park was the first game I owned and beat for the Genesis. I liked it but probably wouldn't today.

Guest Undertow

Sega Genesis: Fuckin' Double Dragons.

The move where you knee someone's head over and over, looking like they're sucking you off is a classic. A+

Pit Fighter, I shall always love that game. There was nothing better than playing as the big generic wrestler with his mullet.

It was all about the taekwondo guy and using his special jump kick repeatedly.

Didn't that game spawn off an equally shitty beat-em-up?

I *loved* Mortal Kombat 3 back in the day, while every critic was daming it to hell.

Ditto.

Didn't that game spawn off an equally shitty beat-em-up?

Yeah, Guardians of the Hood. Funny game. You could use hobos as weapons and the final boss, "Mr. Big", was a woman disguised as a guy. Like King from KOF but not as cool.

Oh God, I am so glad someone mentioned Bad Dudes. You want the definitive 80s action "beat the shit out of ninjas and evil bosses" game? That's it. I remember as a kid being part of lines of people at the arcade where someone would play till they died, then the next person would continue the game and it would continue till SOMEONE finally beat it (thus 10 people could lay a claim in part to beating the game). I had forgotten all about this game until one day at Funcoland the guy there brought it out saying it was a game I'd enjoy for the NES. He put it on and I was like "Oh my God I remember this game! I love it!"

There was another game I used to play but I can't recall the name of it. It had a barbarian dude who fought enemies and flying bats and you could use the sword to chop down in the rock to underground caverns. Anyone remember this one?

Bad Dudes was AWESOME....

Bringing ALL the Bosses back in the end before the main Boss...

That's just WRONG.

*Powers up punch*

*TAKES OUT A ROW OF NINJAS*

Dames

I like the boss that turns into a bunch of fake ninjas. It's also cool how Karnov is in it. More games need Karnov.

There was another game I used to play but I can't recall the name of it. It had a barbarian dude who fought enemies and flying bats and you could use the sword to chop down in the rock to underground caverns. Anyone remember this one?

That would be Rastan which was on the Sega Master System and Genesis.

I play Friday the 13th today. I still say that game doesn't belong in this thread. It's too good to be bad.

I like the boss that turns into a bunch of fake ninjas. It's also cool how Karnov is in it. More games need Karnov.

Karnov was a game I enjoyed as a kid, but can't play now.