TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
WrestlingDeacon

Help identify movie for my column

My guess here is Tribes, but I haven't seen it in years and I have the gut feeling that it's someting a bit more well known, but it's not clicking with me.

"It's a Vietnam war movie.

The opening scenes are some conscripts being sent to camp and having the mandatory shave. Sergeant says about one guy, "I want Jesus here bald!"

And later in the film, in Vietnam one guy is stuck with his foot on the mine, and he can't move it or e4lse he would blow up...

This is where I had to leave, so I would like to please know the name of the film so i can find it and see how it ends."

Guest Vitamin X

Erm, the very opening of Full Metal Jacket is the recruits getting their heads shaved (to the tune of "Hello Vietnam" by Johnny Wright), and towards the end of the film, a guy does get blown up by a mine.. but I don't believe it's the one you're looking for.

The mine part sounds like Tour of Duty...though if it was, I think the part where the soldier tries to crawl into the hole and the VC stabs him over and over again with a sharp stick in the stomach and chest would stand out more.

Wasn't Tour of Duty a television series?

I vaguely remember that landmine scene from a film I had seen about eight years ago on Turner Movie Classics. I had always assumed the film was Boys of Company C.

Tour Of Duty was indeed a TV series...the theme song was that one by the Rolling Stones that's always associated with the Vietnam War..."Painted Black" is that the title of the song?

Wasn't Tour of Duty a television series?

I vaguely remember that landmine scene from a film I had seen about eight years ago on Turner Movie Classics. I had always assumed the film was Boys of Company C.

If I'm remembering correctly, Boys of Company C also had the bald Jesus reference.

Tour of Duty was also made into a film. The film was 100x gorier than the show (for obvious reasons), and I think was filmed as a pilot for the series.

I didn't know "Paint it Black" was the series' theme. That's actually pretty fucking cool.