TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Early Smackdown Spoilers

Guest T0rrent
The Lawn Mower thing has totally flown over my head? What's the significance?

I think it was a year or two ago Cena when partnered with Buchanon said the Guerro's were only good for mowing lawns, which is kind of a manual labor jab against mexicans only being good for that kind of stuff.

Dark match:

Hardcore Holly defeated Beard Blackwell- Blackwell was some big indy jobber with a Mike Haggar gimmick and he used a lot of early 80s to late 90s wrestling offense but was put down by the Alabama Slam.

Velocity:

Scotty 2 Hotty and Shannon Moore defeat Garrison Cade and Trevor Rhodes- Decent little tag match but the worm put those big dogs to sleep.

Chris Benoit defeated Akio- Pretty good stuff here even though it didn't last long. Akio showed that he wasn't 4 REAL by tapping to the crossface posthaste.

Orlando Jordan defeated The Phenomenal Phil Dorchestor- Pretty much a squash match with Orlando busting out the moveset all over the skinny kid decked in all white.

Booker T w/ Sharmell defeated Billy Kidman- Ok bout which saw Booker pick up the win with the Scissor kick.

Smackdown:

The Show opened up with Smackdown GM cutting a promo and showing us Smackdown's pick and it was none other than Muhammad Has! san with Davairi they were apparently a package deal. The heels run their mouth for awhile and The Big Show decides that he has had enough of the talking and wants some action tonight and in standard ECW fare an impromptu match goes underway.

Hassan defeats The Big Show- As he was going for the Chokeslam Davairi gets his attention and next thing you know WHAM he gets hit with that flatliner/complete shot thingy and 123.

Paul London defeated Chavo Guerrero- Chavo was distracted by the arrival of El Lucha Luxury (Crazy,Psycho,Juvi) or 3L as they referred to themselves. Paul picked up the win with a dragon suplex and then 3L beat the snot out of Chavo for some reason.

Joey Mercury w/ NM defeats HEIDENREICH- HEIDENREICH was distracted by Melina and was CRITICAL'd by Joey's double underhook DDT.

Rey Mysterio defeated Eddie Guerrero- Easily one of their worst (but still very good) matches. Disappointing ending but hey flash pins are cool.

There were back! stage segments and stuff but I don't remember them but I do remember one showing Charlie Haas go to Post Office and The announcement of a Smackdown Title and a match deciding for it.

Biggest pops:

Holly

Scotty

Taker's name in the match

Rey

HEIDENREICH

Eddie

Biggest Heat:

Hassan

MNM

Orlando

Eddie

Credit : Wrestling Observer

So, we'll having a six way match on television for the ECW title?

And JBL is going to find himself ECW champion?

Guest hhheld_down

::sigh:: wwe gives me a headache, i cant even comprehend the reason for yet ANOTHER title

Seeming as they didn't show the actual belt on Smackdown (Long had it in a bag) my guess is that next week Batista will debut as the next draft pick after defeating HHH at Vengance and interrupt the match and this new title wont be given to anyone or mentioned again.

That or they have someone win the new title and do a unification angle with Batista but that would further damage the image and lineage of the world titles even further.

There were back! stage segments and stuff but I don't remember them but I do remember one showing Charlie Haas go to Post Office

What?

Looks like a decent show at best. I'm interested in seeing Eddie-Rey, and that's about it.

I think they're going to go the HBK IC title reign circa 93/94 route and have two belts floating around that eventually get unified...whoever wins this 6 way (probably JBL) will proclaim to be the champ and whoever holds whichever belt from Raw will come to SD and say HE'S the REAL world champ...then they'll have a ladder match or some shit with both belts hanging up...

I think they're going to go the HBK IC title reign circa 93/94 route and have two belts floating around that eventually get unified...whoever wins this 6 way (probably JBL) will proclaim to be the champ and whoever holds whichever belt from Raw will come to SD and say HE'S the REAL world champ...then they'll have a ladder match or some shit with both belts hanging up...

Yep, they're gonna have to do something like that - I don't think even the WWE is that stupid to have three champions floating around, there will be a unification match at some point, and I think you're right - Batista wins the Hell in the Cell, gets drafted to Smackdown with the World title, and it gets unified with the Smackdown title at the Great American Bash. It gives the Bash main event a little something extra to want to see, even if it is a month-old title being unified.

Of course, who really knows what the hell they're going to do, this thing could be hanging around for a long time . . . .

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Well since Teddy will know who his picks are before SD starts next week, my guess is that the World Champ comes over, and they say that the 6 way match is a #1 contenders match to determine who gets Batista or HHH or Cena or Edge or whoever at GAB.

If they were planning on adding a new title, it makes no sense to have that match for free, when there is a PPV in about 4 or 5 weeks.

Anyway, I hope JBL wins.

I like the idea that it's actually the ECW Title in the bag, just so we can see JBL's reaction. Though I wouldn't be too enthused about having JBL basically strip Rhyno of the title.

Anyway, if that *is* a new belt in the bag, we won't know until next week. J-Mar (the WWE's beltmakers) are not allowed to reveal pics of the belts until they debut on TV; it's in their contract. They have admitted that several belts they created never made it to TV, but they can't post pics or talk about them.

I like the idea of having the World Champ go to SD! and having this 6way be a #1 contenders match for the GAB. Good way to end the draft and also set up the ME of the next PPV without needing much buildup.

There is no way in hell this bogus Smackdown title comes to legit fruition. My God they already have the World Title and the WWE title, can't somehow simply get traded to Smackdown? I think they'll have this bogus match and someone like JBL wins it, then Batista debuts on SMDN, we have a pointless unification (that Batista MUST win I might add).

After Vengeance, Smackdown will get some stronger guys from RAW. It would be useless to trade guys who have matches at Vengeance because they would still be on RAW until after Vengeance anyways.

Guest Fishyswa

I can see them more than likely keeping this new belt on Smackdown and unifying the two on Raw. But I don't see how that would fit with Batista going to SD which seems all but guaranteed right now.

The WWE Title is lame, Smackdown should have a title that actually sounds like it rival's the other one.

The Lawn Mower thing has totally flown over my head? What's the significance?

I think it was a year or two ago Cena when partnered with Buchanon said the Guerro's were only good for mowing lawns, which is kind of a manual labor jab against mexicans only being good for that kind of stuff.

I think it probably goes back at least 8 years when Eddy was getting those sorts of signs all the time in WCW.

Speaking of Eddie, what is the entire point of him doing all these jobs to Rey? I mean the point of doing the heel turn is so you have renewed focus and start WINNING again. I can't think of a match Eddie has even won since he turned heel.

And isn't this thing sort of ass backwards anyway? They have an angle where a heel flat out cannot beat a face. He just can't do it. This makes no sense, it works better when you have a face who can't beat a sneaky heel under any circumstances (think Dreamer/Raven). Eddie struggling so much with Rey almost gives him a sympathetic Coyote vs. Roadrunner appeal.

While it's disappointing that Benoit is already on Velocity, I am curious to see a match against Akio. Doesn't sound like it lasted very long, but there's apparently "pretty good stuff".

One last set of spoilers with backstage segements/interviews included I got from another board, though with curious differences from other spoilers.

Velocity

-- Scotty 2 Hotty & Shannon Moore d. Trevor Rhodes & I swear they said Garrison Cade, but that's not what I remember him looking like.

Suprisingly good match, with Scotty selling like a maniac, & the heels showing very good ring presence.

-- Booker T w/ Sharmell d. Billy Kidman:

Booker's back to enjoying life, which is always fun. Nothing earth-shattering, but a perfectly fine little match.

-- Orlando Jordan d. Nunzio:

Nunzio working his ass off & Orlando trying to keep up.

Rene Dupree d. Patrick Rizer (or Glazer, or something -- same guy who had Masters last night):

Holy shit, not only does Dupree have the cheezy new heel mustache, he's dyed his hair jet black! Patrick seems to have some decent basic skills & reasonable presence. He seemed to get a little rung on the Dupree chokeslam though, & they may have had to wrap just a little early.

Chris Benoit d. Akio

Akio took the rolling suplexes just fine. Quick tap to the crossface.

SmackDown

Randy Orton out to talk about killing legends, along with video footage of his suprise RKO on Taker last week -- on a loop. As Randy enjoys the video, he doesn't notice the fog rising from the ring. Taker appears with his own video of the Tombstone on Randy at WM. Randy bails unceremoniously, & Taker observes "Death waits for no one."

MNM out for Joey Mercury vs. Heidenreich. I'm astonished at how over Heidenreich is. Heidy's channelling more of Hulk Hogan all the time -- it was very nearly a Hulk-Up moment, as well as a "You" point at Melina. Match going along pretty decently when Michelle runs in to jump Melina. They do a decent catfight, providing the distraction for Nitro to kick Heidenreich in the head. Mercury gets the easy pin.

Rey Mysterio video promo -- all done in closeup, very intense. "Brought up a side of me that I never thought existed." Very good stuff.

Backstage, Melina is annoyed about Michelle as the boys cluelessly celebrate their win. "She's not even a B-list diva!" Melina challenges Michelle to a match next week.

JBL corners Teddy Long just outside his office. JBL should be the champion. Teddy talks him down a bit, but won't let him into the office. Indeed he does have the next draft pick stashed away in there.

Chavo vs. Paul London for the Cruiserweight Championship. Crowd was dead for Chavo, & somewhat more interested in Paul, who was doing all the interesting stuff in the match. Just as Paul is about to go for the definitive top-rope leap, they're interrupted by ... "The Mexicools". Juvi, Super Crazy & Psicosis in matching coverall outfits come rolling out on some sort of John Deere cart. They have a Mexican flag attached to a rake. They dispatch Chavo instantly, then take turns leaping onto Paul. They then cut a promo, which felt to me very Clique-wannabe. They're clearly intended to be heels, but they were getting a full-on mixed reaction -- dunno about the wisdom of debuting a Mexican heel faction in Tucson.

JBL out to talk. He seems quite happy & hits the "It's morning again in America" line. He feels that he should be "The Champion of SmackDown". Booker's out to opine that the 2 of them should have a match to determine the champion. Benoit out to toss in his 2 cents. And "It's the Big Show..." And finally here's Teddy to settle things down. There were actually some pretty cute moments through this, & largely around JBL not having this all go quite the way he'd planned.

Teddy is carrying a large pouch, which obviously should contain a championship belt; however, he never actually opens it, oddly. Makes a 5-way match for next week with the 4 of them plus the Undertaker. The winner will be "The new SmackDown Champion". Just as Teddy is getting things under control, out come Hassan & Daivari. He's already bitching that he just arrived & that he's being discriminated against, etc.

So now it's a 6-man match next week. Finally, the faces take turns tossing Hassan around, & Big Show full presses Daivari before tossing him outside. As a warm welcome, Teddy makes Hassan vs. Big Show for RIGHT NOW.

Things are pretty squashy, till Matt Morgan wanders out to join in on commentary. BigShow is momentarily distracted, but gets back to the business of squashing, including a nice delayed vertical suplex. Meanwhile, Matt is having some sort of momentary disagreement with Tazz, but they seem to resolve that. BigShow shushes the audience so that everyone can hear the slap on Hassan, then tosses Daivari most of the way across the ring. Matt decides it's finally time to runin with a chair, but SHow sees him & punches the chair back into Matt's face. Hassan gets the chair & hits Show with a *big* chairshot, mostly dropping him. Hassan wins with the cheap pin after the chairshot.

Full video recap of the entire Rey/Eddie situation. Eddie gives a very strong backstage promo: "I don't think [Rey] knows what I'm capable of."

Interesting match between Rey & Eddie. They were doing a lot of size each other up, a big burst of very cool lucha-ish goodness, then back to staring & jockeying. They had a lot of time for this, & it was really quite good -- I'm interested to see how it plays on TV. Rey just wouldn't cooperate & stay down, & Eddie just wouldn't cooperate & stay in place for the 619 -- til the very end. Rey wins with the 619 / West Coast Pop into a leg drop. Rey leaves happy, & Eddie remains in the ring quivering in dismay & disbelief.

I presume TV ends on that note. Eddie then gets a mic. "I used to think I represented each & evry one of you. Now I realise that I only need to represent myself. All you are is just a bunch of wetbacks." And he's out to some massive heel heat

Guest nokia

Wasn't it Meltzer that said the last draft pick is suposed to be Batista to smackdown so the champions have switched sides....

Always nice to see "the juice" on my tv !

I'm telling you, there will be two belts on Smackdown until GBA, at which point there will be a ladder match to determine the TRUE champion...whoever wins the 6 way will have one belt, the draft pick will follow the match at some point, perhaps right after the match and it will be one of the two Raw champions and he'll claim he's the real Smackdown champ...

Results sound ok but confusing in general. I am in the same agreement as most that one of the champs from Raw have to make it over to Smackdown by the time all is said and done here, and most likely after this new title match. Otherwise Smackdown will just look so incredibly second rate it's not even funny. Then we have a unification match at the next ppv since nothing else at this point could really draw for that show that I could think of, in terms of a real main event, other than maybe a final gimmick match blowoff for Rey-Eddy, or was this match on Smackdown supposed to be the blowoff? I hope not.

Hassan being drafted is weak right after he lost last Monday. He should have been drafted off the heels of a big win, not the other way around. Again, its just yet another glaring example why Smackdown is second rate to Raw.

Generally, WWE has not booked their programming well at all this week. The draft picks were underwhelming, talent has been hurt in the midst of it (Benjamin is in a bad situation right now and needs a serious strong follow up come next week) and basically, things are coming across extremely hotshot with no real long term reasoning or rhyme. They'll need a strong ppv and especially Raw/Smackdown to make up for it.

Man, fuck that, I don't need to see fucking Bradshaw main event ANOTHER PPV. Batista Vs. Undertaker, Batista Vs. Guerrero, Batista Vs. Benoit, Batista Vs. The Big Show, would all be nice and suitable for the Bash. :bonk:

Man, fuck that, I don't need to see fucking Bradshaw main event ANOTHER PPV.  Batista Vs. Undertaker, Batista Vs. Guerrero, Batista Vs. Benoit, Batista Vs. The Big Show, would all be nice and suitable for the Bash.  :bonk:

I feel JBL is more entertaining in the ring these days than Taker or Booker T, and I don't particularly like JBL either.

And JBL/Cena sure as hell beats any expectations I have for a Big Show/Batista match or Taker/Batista.

Guest QUP2CME
"Eddie mows my lawn."

Mexican's work as lawn tenders, y'know. You've never heard that stereotype?

Not many mexicans in Sydney Australia

No one really addressed my pondering on Eddie/Rey. Why job Eddie out to him all these times? I'm all for pushing Rey, but after a point there is really only so far he can go. He's not really believable carrying a heavyweight title or anything, so his push has some inherent limits. Eddie could shoot right back up the card if they'd just book him to WIN a few matches.

This whole draft has fucked up a lot on SMDN, it really has. I was looking forward to an Eddie/Cena type feud going down at SS or so, but now what? We'll get Batista fucking around in boring matches with Bradshaw and the Undertaker the rest of the summer.