TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

How will next week's Raw/Smackdown draft work?

Next week's Raw and Smackdown will both be taped next Monday night in Anaheim, California: A Raw/Smackdown "supershow. Each brand will reveal their final 2 draft picks that night. Since Smackdown is being taped prior to Raw, how will they deal with the draft situation?

I'll be there live, so I'm even more interested than I would normally be. Is anyone else going?

Actually I believe that since Raw will start at 6pm, Smackdown will be taped after Raw ends. So no need to worry about it

If a supershow was on the East Coast then Smackdown would go first since Raw would have to start at 9pm

Hmm... I'll have to check the ticket. I thought the show was starting at 4:30, which would be the Smackdown taping since Velocity and Heat will be recorded. However, I could be mistaken.

4:30 start time for a 6:00 show is normal. There is no way they could tape SD and do the necessary changes before Raw started live. Raw will be live (at least for those of us on the east coast), then SD will be taped afterward.

Guest panthermatt7

Since this show is on the west coast, the show starting at 6 PM would have to be RAW - that's 9 PM on the East coast, 8 PM central, which is when RAW airs live. So it would make sense for them to tape Heat and/or Velocity prior to RAW at 4:30, do RAW live, and then tape SmackDown afterwards.

Guest Dale Earnhardt

Here's a feasible schedule.

(All Times are for the West Coast)

6 PM-8:10 PM- RAW

8:20 PM- 10:20 PM- SmackDown

That seems very realistic and reasonable

Guest Tjhe CyNick

Most TV tapings Ive been to start at 7:30 for a 9:00 RAW, which means they would do Heat then RAW, then Velocity then SD for this show.

The only thing I could see them changing is to have Velocity first, then do Heat, then RAW and close with SD.

They have to do SD after RAW because then you'll spoil what will happen on RAW when you dont see two guys on SD.

The ropes wont be an issue, because I think they started using black ropes for the supershows.

But I cant see how an hour and a half would be enough time to tape Velocity, Heat and SD.

Guest Dale Earnhardt

I think that the time on the ticket is the time that the gates open for the arena so the 4:30 time is basically meaningless.

I could be wrong, but I believe they don't do Heat/Velocity on these "Supershows", as I seem to remember Heat/Velocity turned Into recap shows The following weekend.

Okay, I was wrong. The time on the ticket is 5:30, so Smackdown will be taped after Raw, unlike most "supershows."

Now the problem is that, while I can get to the show, my ride home bailed, so I may not be able to attend. I must find a way back home. SHIT.

Did you get a good seat, Matt? I wish I had the chance to take another vacation right now...damn!

Anyway all I know is I'm pumped for tonite's Raw and looking forward to staying up for awhile to read results for SD.

It's decent... Not ringside, but in the $40 (highest priced) level. And now it's official that I'm not going to get to attend the show. One person offered to pick me up, but they would need gas money, and money is tight around here right now due to a variety of reasons.

I didn't pay for the ticket myself- it was a gift- but still, this pisses me off greatly. If I wasn't in such a great mood after last night, I'd be really down right now.

It's decent... Not ringside, but in the $40 (highest priced) level.  And now it's official that I'm not going to get to attend the show.  One person offered to pick me up, but they would need gas money, and money is tight around here right now due to a variety of reasons. 

I didn't pay for the ticket myself- it was a gift- but still, this pisses me off greatly.  If I wasn't in such a great mood after last night, I'd be really down right now.

Can't you sneak on the bus or something? There's gotta be a way....such a shame that a good ticket is going to be left unclaimed.

There's no bus that goes from Moreno Valley or Riverside to Anaheim, or vice versa. I already checked. I've explored every possible method of transportation, believe me... I'd never miss a wrestling show, especially one that I already had a ticket for, unless there was no way to attend whatsoever.