TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fro

OVW Results Thread...

I'm not sure what the indie CM Punk is like, my only previous exposure to him was in TNA as Raven's slave. Thus far on OVW he hasn't gotten much mic time.

I wonder what is up with that Lashley/Doane finish. Is it Lashley's last match in OVW now that he's on Smackdown? If not what other reason could there be for jobbing him in a match where he seemed like the obvious winner? The whole point of the Doane/Lashley angle has been that Lashley was the real muscle behind Bolin Services and that he could KILL Doane if he felt like it. It's not like the Jeter/Cappotelli angle where the face can get screwed and keep coming back till he wins the title.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I hope Cappotelli doesn't win the title, he's a homophobic douche.

And supposedly, CM Punk acts like a big prick backstage, and a lot of the OVW wrestlers dislike him.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
And supposedly, CM Punk acts like a big prick backstage, and a lot of the OVW wrestlers dislike him.

Who has he pissed off?

Seth Skyfire, Matt Cappotelli, Johnny Jeter, "The Shooter" Brent Albright, Ken Doane, and "The Idol" Aaron Stevens.

***OVW Spoilers, from tonight's tapings***

CM Punk defeated Ken Doane, to become the new OVW Television champion. Looks like Doane might be getting called up.

Matt Cappotelli defeated Johnny Jeter, to become the new OVW Heavyweight champion.

Spoilers from PWInsider.com:

*In what was billed as a Raw vs. Smackdown match, Jillian Hall pinned Mickie James with a

450 splash in a good 15 minute back and forth match.

*Backstage, OVW TV champion Ken Doane stormed into Brent Albright's locker room and said that tonight was going to be his last title shot. Albright said that in his locker room, Doane had two choices - get out or tap out. It ended up Albright applying his finishing submission, the Crowbar on the floor with everyone breaking it up.

*Steve Skyfire and Chet the Jet defeated Mike Mondo and The Beast.

*OVW TV champion Ken Doane vs. Brent Albright: Doane cut a promo before the match saying that he was tired of everyone jumping on him and he was tired of hearing he was the next Shawn Michaels, Rock or Triple H. He said that he was the first Ken Doane and he had the future of the business resting on his every decision. He berated the crowd and the ref, saying that none of them ever made a significant decision in their lives. He and Albright brawled and ended up on the floor before the bell rings. They battled to the announcing table. CM Punk interfered, attacking Albright with a chairshot, taking him out before the bell ever rang.

Doane thanked Punk and said he owed Punk one, since he didn't have to defend the belt against Albright. Punk attacked Doane and slammed him into the ringpost, saying he was going to take his "one" (title shot) now. Doane said that he couldn't wrestle because he was hurt from hitting the post. The referee told Doane that he was going to make a "significant decision" and rang the bell, starting the match. Punk and Doane go back and forth with Punk using Albright's finisher at one point. The ref got bumped down. Albright hit the ring and tried to clobber Punk with a chair but he ducked and Doane takes the chair. Punk knocked Albright out of the ring and covered Doane for the win. Punk is the new OVW TV champion.

*Backstage, Punk cuts a promo for Maria, saying that he wants to thank Doane for the title shot. Punk says he can't wait to wrestle Doane in a real match saying tonight Doane "got punk'd." He then says he wants to thank his new best friend Brent Albright because without him, he wouldn't be champion. Punk then says he wants to shake Albright's hand, as his gimmick has been he wouldn't shake anyone's hand.

*Matt Cappotelli defeated Johnny Jeter to win the OVW championship in a best of three fall match. Jeter captured the first fall with a rollup and hook of the tights. In the second fall, Jeter missed a move off the top and Cappotelli scored the pin. In the third fall, Cappotelli hit the superkick but Jeter kicked up. He took Cappotelli down and went to the top. As he came off, Cappotelli hit the superkick and covered him for the pin. The crowd popped huge for the win and Cappotelli celebrated for a long time after.

Bring Doane up to Smackdown and let him continue the feud with Bobby Lashley. Money in the bank, sez I.

It should be noted that at that Stuart Middle School house show I went to last week Cappotelli threw his shirt into the crowd (which nearby was 3 rows of chairs, haha) and for some reason he threw the shirt to me. It was odd considering most of the crowd were school kids who would have loved to get his shirt and yet he throws the shirt to me (I'm 26 and took my brother). I mean I could give a shit less about the guy, so I just gave the shirt to the screaming kid behind me.

I read the spoilers for tonight's show and for the first time ever, I'm excited about seeing an OVW show. This should be a great one.

11.12 show thoughts from me:

Chet the Jet/Seth Skyfire v.s. Mike Mondo/Da Beast

OVW Tag Team Titles

Standard, bad Cornette-era OVW Tag team fare. The champs (Jet/Skyfire) retain with a nifty spot. Chet and Skyfire both get on the 2nd rope and Chet tosses Skyfire off the 2nd rope into a legdrop. Skyfire and Mondo were good but they didn't wrestle much in this one.

Backstage, Maria is about to interview Ken Doane in the locker room when Albright appears. Doane says this is Albright's last shot. Albright says get out or tap out. Albright locks in the crowbar on Doane for a good 30 seconds and Doane doesn't tap. A ton of wrestlers come in to break it up. A guy posing as a new backstage interviewer gets the crap slapped out of him by Albright when *he* tries to get a word with Albright. This is the kind of segment TNA needs a lot of on Impact.

Ken Doane v.s. Brent Albright

Doane comes out and jaws, says that he is not the next Rock, Austin, or even Randy Orton, but the first Ken Doane. He says what a chore it is being Ken Doane, etc etc, and how nobody else has their daily decisions effect the future of this business. Anyway, Albright finally comes out after this good promo and CM PUNK decks him with a chair and takes him out with it. Doane is all happy that he gets the skip the title match and tries to shake Punk's hand. Punk throws him into the ringpost. Punk demands a TV title shot, now.

Ken Doane v.s. CM Punk

Punk slaps on the crowbar immediately and it looks like Doane may tap at the beginning of the match. Doane finally reverses after a couple attempts. They wrestle for a couple minutes. Punk hits a shining enziguri on Doane. Punk goes for the Pepsi Plunge but Doane backdrops him off. Ref bump shortly afterwards. Albright runs in with a chair to try and deck Punk, but he ducks and Albright drills Doane with the chair! Punk gives Albright a flying knee to deck him out of the ring, disposes of the chair, and gets the pin to become the new OVW TV champ!

Backstage, Maria asks Punk for comments on the TV title situation. Punk teases leaving and then decides to talk. CM Punk cuts a great promo. He says he's going to be filling big shoes taking over for Ken Doane as TV champion. He thinks Doane got screwed... he got PUNKED and he's looking forward to wrestling him in a fair match. He says if Albright were here, he'd shake his hand since if it wasn't for Albright, he wouldn't be TV champion. Awesome angle and booking.

Matt Cappotelli v.s. Johnny Jeter

for the OVW Heavyweight Title - 2 out of 3 falls

Jeter is looking even more like Chris Jericho. He just needs the heel facial hair. It's bizarre how much his mannerisms are like WCW era Jericho's right now too, down to the prancing around and posing. Must be watching a lot of tapes.

This is kinda of there... disappointing compared to their first match. Cappotelli pretty much forgets to sell until the last 6 minutes of this 31 minute match. No hatred and not the story of their first match. They trade basic moves like it's a normal OVW TV match at the beginning and like they haven't been feuding.

1st fall: Jeter in 10 minutes with a rollup holding the tights.

Jeter tries to be a dick and win via countout a couple times in this segment. Mainly more of the same from above, nothing too memorable.

2nd Fall: Matt Cappotelli on a pin after Jeter misses a top rope spin kick 18 minutes in. Big "O-V-DUB" chant here apparently.

Jeter finally starts working on the legt after 20 minutes, and soon Cappotelli can barely stand.

Things finally pick up a bit in the last 6 minutes with some near falls, and both guys remember to sell that they've been wrestling for 25 minutes. Cappotelli comes back with superkick that gets 2.9. Jeter hits his spinwheel kick for 2.9.

3rd Fall: Cappotelli nails Jeter with a superkick as Jeter comes off the top rope after 31 minutes to get the pin and win the title! This wasn't nailed as dead-on as Michaels/Benjamin but it was good enough to get a few replays (and more OVDUB chants from the crowd).

Probably *** 1/4 or so for the whole shebang, it was just kind of there.

Huge pop for Cappotelli's win though. The Babyface locker room comes out and hoists him on their shoulders as Dean Hill announces that Cappotelli is the new champion.

Punk was the real highlight of the show this week.

I liked the Punk segment a lot. On a side note, is there an actual TV Title belt? I don't think I saw one last night.

You are correct insaying there wasn't nearly as much hatred between Jeter and Cappotelli as their last match. The selling was kind of spotty, but I really enjoyed the final few minutes of the match.

So what now for Cappotelli? Is the Jeter feud blown off? This is only the third show I've watched in a long time, so I don't really know who would be next in line.

I thought this week's show was pretty good. I could have done without the Mark Henfyy squash and the Elijah Burke squash, but other than that, solid show. James vs. Hall kept my interest more than most women's matches do. Punk vs. Albright was very good. I'm interested in where they are going with those tow and Doane.

I wondered if they were going to pay tribute to Eddie Guerrero. They made no mention of him at the top of the show. I did notice that Burke had an EG armband. Punk used the Three Amigos on Albright. He also had Eddie written on his tape. Albright had EG on his wristband. They did close the show with a 10 bell salute. I really think they should have done that at the top of the show, but whatever. Kind of weird to go out on that.

Decent OVW show last night. Jeter vs. Chris Cage was pretty good. The Tag Title match with Chet the Jet and Seth Skyfire beating The Riggs Brothers didn't do anything for me. I was not impressed by either of those teams. Cappotelli vs. Aaron Stevens was good. The problem I see with Cappotelli is that they booked him so well with Jeter, I don't know what they would do to top that. The Jeter/Cappotelli feud doesn't look to be over, though. I would like to know what they are thinking by involving Mark Henry in the feud. That does not make any sense to me.

They promoted a Triple Treat Match for next week with CM Punk defending the TV Title against Ken Doane and Brent Albright. The package they put together was pretty good. I'm definately looking forward to that match.

- Earlier today, Senior OVW Official Robert Brisko informed Johnny Jeter that Danny Davis wasn't going to fire him, but he is now "not welcome" in the locker room. Jeter throws a fit as he'll have to change in his car out in the parking lot.

- LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOR! This intro is recut yet again with the events of the past few weeks

Your Announcers are still Dean Hill and Al Snow

OVW Southern Tag Team Championship:

The Riggs Brothers v.s. Seth Skyfire and Chet the Jet (Champions)

The Riggs Brothers were "TEAM PUDER" a couple months ago. This is the first time I can remember seeing them wrestling on TV and they're pretty good, not to mention they have the height WWE likes. They can still wrestle at a fast pace even though they're probably both 6'4". Tremendously timed Race to Tag in this match, one of the best I've ever seen. Anyway Skyfire gets the pin with the Alabama Jam after a fun match.

- OVW TV Champion CM Punk recaps the events of the past two weeks. We see highlights of the last two weeks (black and white, letterboxed) intercut together with black and white letterboxed footage of Punk. He makes some facial expressions occasionally to go along with his voiceover promo. Essentially, the angle is t hat Punk won the belt and beat Albright to retain the belt last week due to Albright and Doane interfering in the matches. So next week, it won't be a triple threat, it'll be a THREE WAY DANCE (YES!).

Really, I can't describe how much that package ruled... just amazing promo from Punk and incredible style from Heyman.

- Johnny Jeter v.s. Chris Cage

This is the first of our "two main events". Jeter sells that he's cold from having to be out in the parking lot which leads to 4 minutes of Dean Hill attempted jokes on the subject. Seriously it was some boringass shit and I was changing the channel. Thankfully it picks up a bit after the break. Jeter wins in 15 minutes with the superkick. Pretty meh. I was scared they were going to go Broadway with as slow as the first seven minutes were.

OVW Heavyweight Championship:

Champion Matt Cappotelli v.s. Aaron "The Idol" Stevens (w/ Beth and Shelley)

Beth and Shelley are dressed in country dresses tonight. They keep trying to top Melina's entrance but it'll be hard. They're getting closer though. Hill and Snow have Lawlergasms over the girls.

Stevens cuts a 2-3 minute long, Rick Rude style promo about how every man wants to be him, every women wants to be with him, "go ask your wife if she'd leave you for Aaron Stevens and they'd say yes", etc. Matt finally comes out, and he's over like crazy with the women and the ringrats in the crowd like his last name is "Hardy".

Anyway, this was much better than the last match, which is a shock to me since Stevens sucks pretty hard. Matt does a great job carrying Stevens here.

Before the last commerical break, Johnny Jeter comes in through the side door. A bunch of officials try to kick him out of the building but he comes back with MARK HENRY and all the refs are too scared of him to try to force the two out of the building. Apparently all the skinny security guys who suspiciously look like trainees have the night off or something.

Matt wins with a superkick in 18 minutes... probably *** 1/2 match. Looks like "Tough Enough" has officially produced a good worker!

Good show this week, although they need to cut out this "every match is 15 minutes long" stuff as some of the guys can't handle it.

I was greatly amused by the Jeter lockerroom storyline. I wonder if this is some insider rib at Matt Striker? Either way it actually fit into the established storyline of Danny Davis and everyone hating Jeter.

Not sure why Skyfire and Chet retained vs. the Riggs Bros. They just seem so thrown together, why keep the belts on them?

By the way the guy Elijah Burke squashed was Casey James, I saw him on a house show earlier this month. He does a really fun old style Memphis heel act. Hell, I liked him better than Burke after seeing him ONE time.

From a review of last night's OVW taping at pwbts.com

THREE WAY DANCE STEALS THE SHOW. Heyman pulled out all stops, including a 3 Way Dance for the OVW TV Title. This was billed as the first 3 Way Dance in OVW history. CM Punk vs Ken Doane vs Brent Albright. This is an OVW match of the year candidate. In the first fall, Doane tapped out when Albright locked on the sharpshooter while Punk had Doane in the Anacanda Vice. Doane came back out and shoved both men off the top rope when Albright was attempting a top rope superplex on Punk. Albright took a nasty spill and crashed into the guardrail. The referee counted both Punk and Albright out, but senior official Robert Brisco came out and said in OVW, we live up to our promises, and this match continues until one man emerges victorious over hte other two. He also made it No Disqualification, No Count out. Doane came back out later, but Brent Albright locked on another sharopshooter. Punk jumped on Albright and applied a standing version of the Anacanda Vice, while Albright held Doane in the sharpshooter. Doane tapped furiously, and then in a shock, Albright tapped (I believe for the first time in his career) and Punk retained the title. This match went almost 40 minutes and was great.

Outstanding three-way dance. Easy 4 star match. I'm going to try to upload this sometime in the next few weeks for anybody who wants to see it.

I wish somebody would explain to me how the Boogeyman is over. I don't get it.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

The OVW arena is full of "goths" and emo kids, who are big horror fans. And well, Boogeyman looks like he's straight from a B-horror movie.

Outstanding three-way dance. Easy 4 star match. I'm going to try to upload this sometime in the next few weeks for anybody who wants to see it.

That would be awesome, Alro. I'm definitely interested in watching this match.

I've got the Punk/Doane/Albright 3-Way-Dance on my computer now. If anybody has a way to share it, I'd be happy to set it up. The file is roughly 600MB, so it is too big for Rapidshare or Megaupload.

On edit:

I've got it uploading on File Front. If anybody has better places to store a file that big, I'm more than willing to listen.

Edited by Alro

CM Punk vs. Brent Albright vs. Ken Doane for the OVW TV Title. Originally aired December 3, 2005.

New link for correct file coming in a few hours....

Edited by Alro

Guest Joe_G

Thanks for the download, but I noticed the file ends before the match does, plus the sound cuts off about 8 minutes in.

Joe

No shit? Let me check it out and if I notice any problems I'll try to fix them over the weekend.

On edit:

Audio does drop out after 8:30 or so. It seems like the finish is in tact, though. Either way, I'll look into it and repost a better file. Sorry.

Second edit:

The audio on the complete capture drops at the 8:30 mark. I don't know what the problem is, but I'll recap it this weekend. Again, sorry for the shoddy file.

Edited by Alro