TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fro

OVW Results Thread...

The main event was good this week. I'm loving how the TV Title feud is being booked. Punk, Albright and Doane continue to impress me. This was the first time I've seen Burchill wrestle and I thought we was pretty good.

While I'm not a fan of the gym shorts look, if what Doane wore is what he'll be wearing for his cheerleader gimmick, then they could have done worse. It wouldn't have surprised me if Vince put them in skirts. Doane was still called "The Golden Boy", so he's not completely gone yet.

Jeter/Skyfire was pretty good, too. I hope those girls they showed crying when Jet and Skyfire were getting their hair cut were plants. That was just slightly over the top.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
While I'm not a fan of the gym shorts look, if what Doane wore is what he'll be wearing for his cheerleader gimmick, then they could have done worse. It wouldn't have surprised me if Vince put them in skirts.

He wears a green and white tracksuit, when he does The Spirit Squad gimmick.

Jeter/Skyfire was pretty good, too. I hope those girls they showed crying when Jet and Skyfire were getting their hair cut were plants. That was just slightly over the top.

The blonde chubby girl on the left is a ring rat, the dark-haired girl in the middle is Skyfire's ex-girlfriend and an OVW student, and the red-haired girl on the right is also an OVW student.

I'm getting 30 minute matches down to 100 (or so) MB. I'm still tweaking the settings on the program I use to balance quality and file size.

I'll have the tag team match up later this week. I won't promise anything before the weekend, though.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OVW TV Taping results, Jan/18th/06:

Non-Title, Dark Match

OVW Television champion, Aaron "The Idol" Stevens (with Beth & Shelly) defeated Danny Giamondo (formerly Danny Inferno).

Highlanders and Chris Cage were shown backstage finding a knocked out Johnny Jeter with his hair cut. "The Miz" came in and talked to Chris Cage about starting a new tag team. Cage said he would have to think about it, and was then attacked by OVW Southern Tag Team champion, Chet The Jet. "The Miz" saved Cage from the beatdown, and said Chet better watch out, because he has Cage's back.

Singles Match

OVW Southern Tag Team champion, Seth Skyfire defeated Johnny Jeter, for the second week in a row. Afterwards, Jeter threw a fit.

Tag Team "Submission" Match

CM Punk and "The Shooter" Brent Albright defeated Osama & Robby Dawber, in less than a minute when Albright made Dawber tapout. Afterwards, Punk made Albright pass out, from the Anaconda Vice.

Singles Match

Da Beast (with Titus, formerly Trytan from TNA) defeated Mikey Batts.

Main Event: Singles Match

Paul Burchill defeated Ken Doane (with Kenny Bolin, Dean Visk and Sosay), in an awesome match. Burchill played the babyface, and the crowd was really into him. Long match, the finish was Burchill doing the C4 (Moonsault-Rockbottom) to Doane off THE TOP ROPE. It was sweet.

Backstage segments shown afterwards:

Dean Visk was heard screaming "I QUIT!", in Ken Doane's locker-room. Dice Domino (formerly Cliff Compton), asked "Superguy" Deuce Shade to join him in a "50's throwback tag team", Kara Slice was shown with them rolling around on rollerskates. Jeter was shown crying, The Spirit Squad came in, gave Jeter a Spirit Squad outfit and offered him a spot in the Squad, Jeter looked really happy and accepted. I guess that means he's getting called up, along with Ken Doane, Mike Mondo, Nick Nemeth, and Nick Mitchell in The Spirit Squad gimmick.

Tag Team Dark Match

Deuce Shade & Dice Domino defeated The Highlanders.

I'm shocked that there isn't anyone out there to capture and then upload the OVW shows right after they air. If I could find something like that, I'd keep up with the shows week after week.

I could do it, but I don't have the time. I've been meaning to get to last week's main event, but with school starting up I've not had a free second this week.

I've been posting the main events for the past month or so. That's as good as you're going to get from me. You may get two matches next week. I'll put up the main event as usual and since I'll be capping the Punk/Albright tag match, it will probably go up, too.

I don't know if it was reported on the net or not, but Capatelli's tumor is behind his ear I believe. My manager at work is from his hometown (same age), and talked to Capatelli's Mother after I told him I read about the tumor on the internet.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OVW TV Taping results, Jan/25th/06:

Dark Match

Jack Bull & Roadkill defeated The Riggs Brothers.

Singles Match

Rene Dupree defeated "The Miz", by count-out. OVW Southern Tag Team champions, Seth Skyfire & Chet The Jet were at ringside, Chris Cage attacked them with a chair. "The Miz" left the ring to stop Cage, and got counted-out.

Singles Match

Tytus (with Da Beast) defeated Mikey Batts.

Singles Match

KC James .VS. Danny Inferno. Match never started as The 50's Throwbacks (Deuce Shade & Dice Domino, with Cherry) came out and started insulting Inferno. KC James took the mic from Domino, and said, "Danny Inferno's Mom is so ugly...she's so ugly...she looks like THE BOOGEYMAN!" The Throwbacks and James started laughing, and then Boogeyman's music hit, The Throwbacks ran away, Inferno backed off, and James got caught by The Boogeyman, and got BoogeySlammed.

Singles Match

Elijah Burke defeated Chad Dick (with James Dick).

Singles Match

Paul Burchill defeated Robbie Dawber (with Osama). OVW Television champion, Aaron "The Idol" Stevens (with Beth & Shelly), watched from ringside.

Main Event: "No Holds Barred, Submission Match"

CM Punk & "The Shooter" Brent Albright defeated The Highlanders. The Spirit Squad attacked Punk and Albright. Next week: 5 on 2, Handicap match, The Spirit Squad .VS. CM Punk & "The Shooter" Brent Albright.

Singles Match

Rene Dupree defeated "The Miz", by count-out. OVW Southern Tag Team champions, Seth Skyfire & Chet The Jet were at ringside, Chris Cage attacked them with a chair. "The Miz" left the ring to stop Cage, and got counted-out.

So Rene Dupree's back injury isn't bad enough to end his career? Or is he just wrestling a few more matches before retirement?

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

I think he's just trying to see if he can wrestle. He looked to be in pain after the match.

Here is two weeks worth of the Punk/Albright/Doane feud. I might have Doane vs Burchill up later today, but no promises.

Punk/Albright vs Doane/Burchill Build Up

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MURIQIM5

Punk/Albright vs Doane/Burchill

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CND94H85

Punk/Albright vs Osama & Robbie Dawber

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z5Q9VCK

Guest Euronymous

LOL!

Who the hell was that guy who kept screaming in the build-up video?

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????? I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" :D

LOL!

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT??????????? I LOVE ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!" :D

That would be DEAN VISK~!. His gimmick is that he is a caffeine addict and therefore cannot speak in a normal tone at any time whatsoever.

LOL!

That would be DEAN VISK~!. His gimmick is that he is a caffeine addict and therefore cannot speak in a normal tone at any time whatsoever.

I need more VISK, that gimmick is hilarious. The screaming is fantastic.

Singles Match

Miz's ring attire sucks. I can't decide if I like him or not. Match was not that great.

Singles Match

Tytus (with Da Beast) defeated Mikey Batts.

This was not interesting at all.

Singles Match

KC James .VS. Danny Inferno. Match never started as The 50's Throwbacks (Deuce Shade & Dice Domino, with Cherry) came out and started insulting Inferno. KC James took the mic from Domino, and said, "Danny Inferno's Mom is so ugly...she's so ugly...she looks like THE BOOGEYMAN!" The Throwbacks and James started laughing, and then Boogeyman's music hit, The Throwbacks ran away, Inferno backed off, and James got caught by The Boogeyman, and got BoogeySlammed.

The overness of the Boogeyman still baffles me. It is crazy. Is he this over on Smackdown? I've not been able to catch him when he's on there. And are The Throwbacks a Heyman idea or is this what Shade & Domino are going to be saddled with on WWE TV soon?

Singles Match

Elijah Burke defeated Chad Dick (with James Dick).

Blah.

Singles Match

Paul Burchill defeated Robbie Dawber (with Osama). OVW Television champion, Aaron "The Idol" Stevens (with Beth & Shelly), watched from ringside.

I'm really starting to like Buchill. He's really grown on me the past few weeks. Dawber & Osama are always pretty entertaining, too.

Main Event: "No Holds Barred, Submission Match"

CM Punk & "The Shooter" Brent Albright defeated The Highlanders. The Spirit Squad attacked Punk and Albright. Next week: 5 on 2, Handicap match, The Spirit Squad .VS. CM Punk & "The Shooter" Brent Albright.

The Punk/Albright feud is what keeps me watching every week. I love the stuff they've done. I don't know if they are building to Punk finally shaking hands with Albright or one big double cross from Punk, but this has been the most interesting storyline I've seen from OVW I started watching again during the Cappotelli/Jeter blow-off, so I never saw the build up).

On edit: Has there been any official word on Cappotelli's condition or the status of the OVW Title? Hill & Snow kept saying Matt would be there to give an update, but he still has not been on the show.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Shade and Domino are going to have the Throwback gimmick on Raw, most likely.

Last I heard about Cappotelli, is that he's getting an update from his doctors in about a week.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Elijah Burke and/or Danny Inferno are supposedly getting moved from OVW to DSW in Atlanta.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OVW TV Taping results, Feb/1st/06:

Singles Match

Chris Cage (with "The Miz") defeated Seth Skyfire (with Chet The Jet), by DQ.

Singles Match

The Boogeyman defeated K.C. James.

Singles Match

Elijah Burke defeated "Platinum" Pat Buck.

Singles Match

Eugene defeated Robbie Dawber (with Osama).

OVW Televison Title Match

Aaron "The Idol" Stevens (with Beth & Shelly) defeated Danny Inferno. During the match, Paul Burchill came out and took Shelly.

Main Event: "5 on 2, Handicap Match"

The Spirit Squad .VS. "The Shooter" Brent Albright & CM Punk. No contest. Albright attacked Punk at the start of the match, and let the Spirit Squad beat on Punk. Albright made the Spirit Squad leave after a few minutes, and after months of getting Punk'D by CM Punk, Albright finally got to tell Punk, "YOU...got...PUNK'D!"

The OVW TV shows have been posted at PWTorrents for all of 2006 so far, and I'm in the middle of downloading all of them.

Also, if you search for OVW at YouTube.com you can find a few promos and matches. Here is one where The Spirit Squad asks CM Punk to become a backup member:

http://youtube.com/w/CM-Punk-turns-down-th...earch=cm%20punk

The OVW TV shows have been posted at PWTorrents for all of 2006 so far, and I'm in the middle of downloading all of them.

Also, if you search for OVW at YouTube.com you can find a few promos and matches. Here is one where The Spirit Squad asks CM Punk to become a backup member:

http://youtube.com/w/CM-Punk-turns-down-th...earch=cm%20punk

That was quite funny. Thanks for that.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

OVW TV Taping results, Feb/8th/06:

Tag Team Dark Match

J-Mann & Louis (something) defeated Bad Newz & Vic Devine. Afterwards, The BOOGEYMAN came out and killed them all.

OVW Southern Tag Team Titles Match

"The Miz" & Chris Cage defeated Seth Skyfire & Chet The Jet, to become the NEW OVW Southern Tag Team champions.

Singles Match

Elijah Burke defeated James Dick (with Chad Dick).

10-Man Tag Team Match

The Spirit Squad defeated Mikey Batts, Danny Inferno, Russell Simpson, & The Riggs Brothers. Afterwards, CM Punk attacked The Spirit Squad and tied up Mike Mondo like a pig, with Brent Albright's Grandpa's leather strap. Albright then attacked Punk, and beat his back raw with the strap. Looks like there's a strap-match in the future for Punk and Albright.

Main Event: Matt Cappotelli's farewell speech

All the locker room, including Danny Davis himself came out with OVW Heavyweight champion Matt Cappotelli. LONG speech, including talk about God and "his" faith, and Cappotelli crying. He said his brain tumor is level 2, on a rating of 1 - 4, 4 being the worst. People were crying in the crowd.

I hate Matt Cappotelli. He's a jerk and a homophobe.

OVW TV Taping results, Feb/8th/06:

Tag Team Dark Match

J-Mann & Louis (something) defeated Bad Newz & Vic Devine. Afterwards, The BOOGEYMAN came out and killed them all.

OVW Southern Tag Team Titles Match

"The Miz" & Chris Cage defeated Seth Skyfire & Chet The Jet, to become the NEW OVW Southern Tag Team champions.

Singles Match

Elijah Burke defeated James Dick (with Chad Dick).

10-Man Tag Team Match

The Spirit Squad defeated Mikey Batts, Danny Inferno, Russell Simpson, & The Riggs Brothers. Afterwards, CM Punk attacked The Spirit Squad and tied up Mike Mondo like a pig, with Brent Albright's Grandpa's leather strap. Albright then attacked Punk, and beat his back raw with the strap. Looks like there's a strap-match in the future for Punk and Albright.

Main Event: Matt Cappotelli's farewell speech

All the locker room, including Danny Davis himself came out with OVW Heavyweight champion Matt Cappotelli. LONG speech, including talk about God and "his" faith, and Cappotelli crying. He said his brain tumour is level 2, on a rating of 1 - 4, 4 being the worst. People were crying in the crowd.

I hate Matt Cappotelli. He's a jerk and a homophobe.

Where the hell did that come from?