TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

"If by "good" you mean a quality fighting game the likes of an SFII or something--don't count on it. However, a friend of mine has nearly all of the Gundam fighters that came out here in the States and plays them a lot. I could ask which he likes the most of the lot. Although for non-fighting games he says Zone of the Enders 2 smokes just about every licensed mech anime game he's played."

And Virtual On: Ontario Tangram for Dreamcast smokes ZoE2.

"If by "good" you mean a quality fighting game the likes of an SFII or something--don't count on it. However, a friend of mine has nearly all of the Gundam fighters that came out here in the States and plays them a lot. I could ask which he likes the most of the lot. Although for non-fighting games he says Zone of the Enders 2 smokes just about every licensed mech anime game he's played."

That's a non-licensed fighting game. :P

Starting on the 3rd, all the ESPN 2K5 games wil be $10 new at Circuit City. At first, I barely played NBA 2K5 and didn't like it much, but now I may just prefer it to NFL. Online leagues are amazing. It's well worth the price, but I can't compare it to NBA Live since I haven't played that series in years.

Also, MvC2 is the shit. I found my Dreamcast recently, and I have been playing that. I need to locate a copy of the Xbox version, though. LJ, you should come over and play me sometime.

That's a non-licensed fighting game. :P

I'm aware of that, just tossing the name out there for the people.

The best Gundam game released here would likely be Gundam vs Zeta Gundam. It's a majorly upgraded version of Federation vs Zeon, with a whole load of stuff thrown in.

As far as imports go, the Gundam: One Year War game was great, and "Another Century's Episode" is likely the best Gundam/mecha shooter ever. Though, it's got Zeta, Char's Counter Attack, and Wing, it's also got a lot of other non-Gundam shows.

for 20 bucks or most likely less now, NBA 2K5 is a damn fine game...hell even for 30 or 35 bucks it'd be damn fine...the freethrow system is kinda stupid, but otherwise, I love it...

Heh I picked that game back up after not playing it for four months or so, and I destroyed the Bobcats, 131-49. I think I need to up the sliders.

I just took out that free throw thing, its ridiculous.

Burnout 3 is the most fun I've had with a video game since Katamari Damacy. I picked it up earlier today for eighteen bucks (!) and have been playing it nonstop since. Of course the crash courses are terrific mindless fun, but the racing itslef is incredibly exciting and intuitive as well. I can't wait to see what the fourth in the series will have to offer.

Many games are becoming indistinguishable from each other. Almost every game seems to be a SOCOM or Splinter Cell or Max Payne clone. One of those that's really fun that may not stand out to people is Psi-Ops. The telekinesis is done really, really well, and the game gives you a feeling of being vulnerable and all-powerful at the same time. You can play it stealthily, you can just run in with your finger on the trigger, or you can mind control as much as possible, turning people against one another. Very fun.

Punisher is a good rental, Frank's a beast though. I never died once from an enemies attacks.

I'm playing System Shock 2. That's one hell of a great FPS, even if I don't like the genre. I have to play it on easy because i suck at FPS's though.

Atelier Iris looks really fun to me. Anyone played?

I bought God of War yesterday and my PS2 rejected it. I'm sad.

I've lately had this annoying tendency to get to the last boss in something and then not finish the game. Growlanser II, Shadow Hearts, Xenosaga I, My last playthrough of FFVII. It's really weird.

I badly, badly want another game in the Frequency/Amplitude series. Call it Frequency II and go back to the hard techno.

Yeah, Ratchet and Clank are great games. Best platformers I've played in a long time (Psi-Ops is up there too if you count that.)

The Silent Hill series has finally worn thin for me. I couldn't even bring myself to beat The Room. I thought it was pretty boring.

I never hear people who really like RPG's calling FFVII their favourite, though most like it, myslef included. Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger get the most praise (deservedly so), then there's cult faves like Earthbound and Suikoden II (the latter is undeniably awesome). Also some games that can be super hardcore like FFTactics and Disgaea get lots of love.

The Suikoden series has to be the most dissapointing series ever. Maybe followed by Tomb Raider.

for 20 bucks or most likely less now, NBA 2K5 is a damn fine game...hell even for 30 or 35 bucks it'd be damn fine...the freethrow system is kinda stupid, but otherwise, I love it...

Heh I picked that game back up after not playing it for four months or so, and I destroyed the Bobcats, 131-49. I think I need to up the sliders.

Yeah, I use the "easy" free throw system on my franchise, but that hurts me when I play in my online league. Thankfully, judging from playing the E3 demo, the free throw system in 2K6 is much improved.

Guest T®ITEC
Oh yeah, and Australia is like America, only 6 months ago.

I just got Dynasty Warriors 5 and am currently in a state of total bliss. Tekken 5 hits next week as well.

So how is Dynasty Warriors 5? I've got another billion months to wait for the Xbox version... Until October or November or something like that. The character models look a lot better in most cases, from what I've seen.

Yeah, I use the "easy" free throw system on my franchise, but that hurts me when I play in my online league. Thankfully, judging from playing the E3 demo, the free throw system in 2K6 is much improved.

How so? even though it was cheesy, the cross seemed to work the best out of all the free throw systems.

The best Gundam game released here would likely be Gundam vs Zeta Gundam. It's a majorly upgraded version of Federation vs Zeon, with a whole load of stuff thrown in.

As far as imports go, the Gundam: One Year War game was great, and "Another Century's Episode" is likely the best Gundam/mecha shooter ever. Though, it's got Zeta, Char's Counter Attack, and Wing, it's also got a lot of other non-Gundam shows.

That probably has him covered, but as far as fighters released here, that friend of mine recommended Gundam Battle Assault 2.

"Battle Assault 2 by far in both cases. good controls and even selection from at least 3 different Gundam universes"

There's a fighter on PS2 he also has (I think it's based on Seed), but the selection of characters is very limited, and it's a 3D game, giving it its share of new problems.

I want a Daredevil game of some sort.

I do too. They had one based on the comics slated for an August 2004 release I believe it was. All I know about it was they pushed the release date back a few times, with August being the last one, and it was never released. I was very disappointed.

Any one have any info on the Animaniacs game slated for this fall? I heard there would be one and it was originally scheduled for the spring, but got pushed back to fall. Not sure why a random Animaniacs game, when they haven't been around for years, but I won't complain. I used to love the old SNES one, probably pick up this X-box title when it comes out.

Oh yeah, and Australia is like America, only 6 months ago.

I just got Dynasty Warriors 5 and am currently in a state of total bliss. Tekken 5 hits next week as well.

So how is Dynasty Warriors 5? I've got another billion months to wait for the Xbox version... Until October or November or something like that. The character models look a lot better in most cases, from what I've seen.

Loads of fun.

Actually, the character models haven't really changed all that much, if anything at all. However, I'm using PS2 hardware here and have not seen any Xbox versions etc.

KOEI have done a brilliant job on all the new characters as well as pumping in enough new stuff to make you want to re-learn all the old characters all over again as well. Lu Bu has reached a new level of godliness. On my first play through as Guan Yu, he killed me in *one hit* at Hu Lao Gate, and that is with both Liu Bei and Zhang Fei in there helping me out.

They're getting skimpy on story though, but I guess that is them just accepting that their hardcore fan-base knows all the backstory and they can leave out huge, gaping portions of information. It's still a bit all over the place though (eg. Gan Ning hates the Wu invaders one day and just wakes up the next morning and says "Ah what the hell, I'll leave everything I stand for and join them, to Wu!").

You'll love it.

I need to quit playing.

My online gaming experience consisted of the following:

Played ESPN NFL 2K5:

1st game:

Was up by 14 points end of the 2nd quarter and my oppenent has connection trouble. I win the game by default.

2nd game: Lost by 50 points. My defense sucked.

Moved on to ESPN NBA 2K5:

I hate Ray Allen. I double teamed most of the game and he scored 118 points, mostly three points. I couldn't believe it.

I picked up Riviera for the GBA as soon as I got my paycheck. I played it for an hour and so far I'm intrigued in the battle system and the move/look interface on the field map reminescent of an old-school point & click adventure.

I would've picked up Atlier Iris for the PS2 as well, but instead, I told my buds working behind the counter to keep one stashed away for me until the price drops. $50 for a game still doesn't settle well with me.

Microsoft Courts Uncertainty

Bill Gates continues to rock the Xbox 360 boat with the worrying announcement that, with the future of the current DVD format uncertain, Microsoft are looking at whether ‘future versions of Xbox 360 will incorporate an additional capability of an HD-DVD player, or something else.’

With the space needed for games and movies on the rise, the changeover to one of the new DVD formats seems inevitable, although it’s unlikely that Sony’s own Blu-Ray format is at the top of their most wanted list…

But how would this work for existing owners? Would it be a physical installation procedure, an attachment, or would gamers without the accessory simply be excluded from certain games, as many N64 gamers were by the rise of its memory expansion pak?

With Sony’s machine already confirmed as launching with their next-gen Blu-Ray DVD technology, Microsoft really can’t afford to continue to divide their attitude towards the console. Especially with multiple versions planned already, launching with one format and then migrating to another seems to almost defeat the self-contained function of a console.

It’s certainly an approach unlikely to impress gamers sitting on the fence waiting for PS3.

Source: Edge-Online.co.uk

No hard drive for PS3

Sony's PlayStation 3 may not feature a hard drive as part of the initial package, with users having to shell out extra for a optional 80GB drive should they want to take advantage of hard drive-enabled games and media saving functions, according to Japanese magazine Famitsu.

Doubts were previously cast over a bundled hard drive when Sony chief technical officer Masayuki Chanti revealed that the company was undecided regarding the inclusion of a hard drive by default, suggesting it's not essential to the PS3's overall set-up.

Having to pay separately for a hard drive will come as a blow to those wishing to use the multimedia and storage functions of the console and will give Microsoft's Xbox 360 a major advantage - its bundled 20GB drive ensures all media possibilities are available out of the box.

Man, after putting down 400 bucks for my new console, it sucks that you'll need to pay even more for your harddrive, external HD-DVD drive and the rest. Hopefully Nintendo will just stick to making an all-in-one console.

^^ Was this ever explained in Bare Knuckle 3? I know that, in changing to the US version of Streets of Rage, the developers look out a STACK of things that were included in the Japanese original, most famously Ash, the blatant homosexual stereotype.

On an unrelated note, Midway says that Shadow Hearts 3 will likely not leave Japanese shores. Feel free to place any random expletives here.

Why the fuck would they do that? Are they fucking stupid??? The game was critically acclaimed. Also, I must find out what happened. Midway can go to hell and die.

I would play ps2. But World of Warcraft takes up all of my allotted gaming time.

Half the gameplay is in the massive arcade sticks.

The tetris theme is catchy as hell, and I can't get it out of my head.

Is that the Mozart theme or something else?

I don't know, but I know Mr. Bungle does a cover of it. (Or at least I think its them)

Anyways I just dowloaded a bunch of SNES Roms and I'm looking for some good RPG's. I allready have FFIII(United States) and Harvest Moon, but I know some people here (mainly many) know some good ones.

Also is there any Roms for Mario/Link/Donkey Kong games for the SNES. Thanks

To be honest, the only use of Blu-Ray or HD-DVD is to have enough space for HD programming, which won't fit on a regular DVD. You won't be seeing a mass migration of titles like you did from VHS to DVD.

A next-gen DVD format shouldn't matter crap to your average gamer at this point, and an early adapter will likely buy a (better) stand-alone player, anyway.

I need to quit playing.

My online gaming experience consisted of the following:

Played ESPN NFL 2K5:

1st game:

Was up by 14 points end of the 2nd quarter and my oppenent has connection trouble. I win the game by default.

2nd game: Lost by 50 points. My defense sucked.

Moved on to ESPN NBA 2K5:

I hate Ray Allen. I double teamed most of the game and he scored 118 points, mostly three points. I couldn't believe it.

Tip: For NBA, regardless of what difficulty setting you use against the CPU (I use pro), play on Superstar, or at least All-Star when online. If you choose Pro, teams like Seattle, Dallas, Miami, etc. will rape you with unrealistic amounts of 3 pointers.

I accepted your friend request, so hopefully we can play soon. I haven't played NFL in ages, so you'd likely destroy me in that.

To be honest, the only use of Blu-Ray or HD-DVD is to have enough space for HD programming, which won't fit on a regular DVD. You won't be seeing a mass migration of titles like you did from VHS to DVD.

A next-gen DVD format shouldn't matter crap to your average gamer at this point, and an early adapter will likely buy a (better) stand-alone player, anyway.

You don't think HD TV is going to catch on very quickly?

I think sooner or later it's going to be commonplace. Nintendo's decision to not bother with any special HD support worries me.