TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I was looking around on IMDb and found a page for Kingdom Hearts 2. If this page is true and ALL these people are in it, this is going to be a massive game. It also shows Disney incorporating characters from their live action movies in the game. Now if in KH3 they include a Tron world or a Black Hole world, I would seriously mark out. Anyway, the page for anyone who's interested.

The page

Also impressive how their able to get people to recreate their roles, in some cases years after the roles (like Ming Na and Angela Lansbury). Plus getting David Boreanaz back as Squall is cool. Hope they give him a bit more to do in this one.

To be honest, the only use of Blu-Ray or HD-DVD is to have enough space for HD programming, which won't fit on a regular DVD. You won't be seeing a mass migration of titles like you did from VHS to DVD.

A next-gen DVD format shouldn't matter crap to your average gamer at this point, and an early adapter will likely buy a (better) stand-alone player, anyway.

You don't think HD TV is going to catch on very quickly?

I think sooner or later it's going to be commonplace. Nintendo's decision to not bother with any special HD support worries me.

Great point. HDTV makes gaming a whole new experience. It's tough sometimes for me to play my Xbox on my shitty TV in my room after hooking it up with component cables to my stepdad's 60" widescreen HDTV. The difference is well worth the cost if you can afford such things, and by the middle of the next console generation, HDTVs should be at least semi-affordable for the middle class masses.

Thought I'd better clarify.

The article pasted a page back was complaining about MS' lack of a high-capacity drive in their console. Totally different from including HD support for games.

The larger drive is nice, but useless at this point. Many games don't use the 4.3 GB a regular DVD has, much less the 50 to 100 GB a Blu-Ray disc is supposedly capable of. Until a significant ammount of programming is filmed and released specifically for HDTV users, a BD-ROM is gonna be a nice, but useless peice of hardware.

I didn't want to start a new thread on this, but I was looking around on IMDb and found a page for Kingdom Hearts 2.  If this page is true and ALL these people are in it, this is going to be a massive game.  It also shows Disney incorporating characters from their live action movies in the game.  Now if in KH3 they include a Tron world or a Black Hole world, I would seriously mark out.  Anyway, the page for anyone who's interested.

The page

Also impressive how their able to get people to recreate their roles, in some cases years after the roles (like Ming Na and Angela Lansbury).  Plus getting David Boreanaz back as Squall is cool.  Hope they give him a bit more to do in this one.

That might explain why we've been waiting so long for the game. It's taken years to be produced for some reason.

David Boreanaz as Squall is like the single greatest thing of all time. It's like a dream come true.

Guest Essa_Angelico

Played Grim Fandango today, still as good as it was in 98. LucasArts missed out on a cool franchise, there could of been so many stories set in the land of the dead.

What ever happend to LucasArts and adventure games?

Playing SSFII on Genesis has me wondering....if Blanka's mom gave him the anklets when he was a boy how do they still fit? He's just been wearing them for like 20 years and they grow along with him?

Hey and Dave also is getting a new show on Fox, though I must say seeing him as a different character besides Angel is very Strange.

Anynaka, yknow I was wondering the same thing about Blanka one time.

Why was Donkey Kong Jr. (as opposed to DK) the driver in Super Mario Kart? DK had been MIA for quite some time but putting the kid with his white shirt / bib in seemed odd... then DKC retconned it so DK Jr. is the current DK and Cranky is the original... right?

The Kong family is confusing.

Where are the spoiler tags for that? ^

I spent 10 dollars on Doom: Ressurection of Evil and I h aven't been able to get into it.

I finally played 2 games with the Chargers where I didn't throw a single interception.

I have been playing a lot of CounterStrike: Source.

I tried to get into Sonic Heroes. I hate Tails' voice. Bonus stages in the gme suck.

Speaking of which, I think there has been decline in the quality of Sonic games. I loved the Genesis games and Sonic Adventure. I have Sonic Advance 2 and I hate it.

The opera scene in the translation sucked. So far, outside of a few small instances like "bitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitchbitch...," Relm's character, some Cefca/Kefka stuff and a few other odd bits here and there, Woolsey's translation is pretty close to equal in quality and way more fun. Being able to edit the names of the swordtechs is fun though.

then DKC retconned it so DK Jr. is the current DK and Cranky is the original... right?

The Kong family is confusing.

Yeah.

Considering that wild gorillas rarely live past their 30's in the wild (in captivity they could live a lot longer), it makes sense to portray the original DK as an old man in DKC (there's a 13 year gap).

Really starting to notice the increased encounter rate in the WOR while walking the Serpent Trench. 30 battles to get from where Terra/Tina was to where Edgar is.

Guest nWoCHRISnWo

I never understood why a lot of people claim the third level (hoverbikes) in Battletoads to be so difficult. I can beat it without dieing pretty easily. Some of the later levels get damn hard though...

Could just check a guide, but... Anyone here remember how to kill the giant baby in Zombies Ate My Neighbours?

And I've been playing Super Mario Bros, Tetris, Abadox, Bucky O'Hare, DKC, NHL 94, etc. lately. It's part because I'm a real nostalgia whore, but also partly because I thnik these games are just way funner than most of the new stuff. I loved the Monkey Ball games, and I play Smash Bros Melee with friends usually once a week, but other than that I'm at a loss for any new games. Can anyone recommend some new games that just feel different? I don't want any RPG's or first person shooters, but just a straight up fun game where I don't need to invest much time in to enjoy.

Guest Askewniverse
Could just check a guide, but...  Anyone here remember how to kill the giant baby in Zombies Ate My Neighbours?

Use rockets or Pandora's Box. He'll eventually shrink into a regular baby.

Guest T®ITEC

I think it was a mistake to play Fatal Frame II before the original. The first one has so many flaws that were fixed in the sequel, and they're really highlighted now.

Virtually all of the ghosts hit you far too hard, especially when they're, oh, let's say... little children. There's no way some kid playing tag should be able to knock out half of your health in one grab. But you hit them as hard as they hit you, if you know what you're doing. And if you're not stuck in some ridiculously cramped space. But healing items are too hard to come by now; playing 1 on normal is like playing 2 on hard. Well, worse than that. We've gone through stone mirrors as much as herbal medicine.

But the story is pretty cool. Miku looking for her strangely pretty brother, whom was looking for his mentor, whom was researching Himuro Mansion with his crack team of ghost fodder. This leads to discovering that Himuro Mansion is the gateway to hell or something. Tee hee. The rituals, like everything else, are a lot more gruesome this time. The Blinding Ritual, for one, is horrible to watch. But they are interesting. I only wish that there weren't some many instances of "run around aimlessly because the game forget to give you any hints at all". It's so easy to get stuck now.

The game doesn't frighten me as it should; it's more creepy and/or depressing... or hilarious, in a few cases. Seeing Blinded do her running charge for the first time over some stairs had us laughing a lot, for instance.

Eh, well. It's still a fun enough game.

Not so much a comment, more like a question.

Why have so many developers abandoned the Gamecube? I've never really understood the reasoning behind it. I understand that it sells the least out of all the systems, but there are still people out there who have the damn system. Why cut off potential profits by cutting off a group of gamers?

In my case, the Cube is the only system I have. Not only am I not really in the financial situation that I can easily cough up cash for a new system, I'm also not as much of a gamer anymore, so the purchase would be sorta stupid in the long run. That being said, however, there are still games that I'd love to play on the Xbox or the PS2, that the Cube never got, and I would likely pay to play them on the system.

I'll probably end up with a PS2 or Xbox, or their next incarnations before its all said and done, but I'm not eleven years old anymore. This whole "Buying systems with my own money" crap is getting somewhat old on me, and having games I'd like to pay cut off from me, and almost no support for the system I DO buy that has sold units is fucking frustrating.

Holy shit, Budapist. That's fantastic.

The eyes in particular are beautiful.

Edit: Ah. Forget it then. :P

Guest T®ITEC

I take it back. After actually taking the controls and playing Fatal Frame, I am now jumpy and twitchy and afraid of EVERYTHING. I fought one of the scariest things I have ever seen in my life and am now afraid of moving. I must hide in my closet and cry. Geez, it didn't look this scary before, but now I'm freaking out over everything.

The opening to WCW/nWo Revenge is awesome. It really shows off both the fun chaotic side of wrestling with all the midcarders hitting high spots and having a good time and the intense big-time feud side of wrestling with Sting beating up Hogan's truck driving friend ("WHAT!?"). Hogan visits him in what seems like a dark hospital room only for it to be revealed as an arena when Sting teleports to the Nitro set with his lightning bolt powers, causing Hogan and Sting have a staredown so intense that their hate manifests itself as eye lasers which causes everything to explode.

Definitely. ^ Any time I haven't played Revenge in a while, I always watch the intro all the way through. Screw pre-rendered CGI, real-time cinemas can kick serious ass.

Some people like it more than either of the AKI WWF games, too.

Nightshade (PS2 game) kind of sucks but I like it. It's a spinoff of the previous Shinobi PS2 game. As far as games starring kick ass ninjas chopping up dozens of robots in 3D on the PS2, it's one of the best still, repetitive gameplay, crappy textures and pits aside.

Cool link, Pist. :)