TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I'm currently playing Animal Crossing. I know that you can play NES games and all, but how can you get Punch-Out ? I went on the AC website and some forums, although there are codes you can enter to unlock some games, I haven't seen anyone unlock Punch-Out ? Anybody know how to do it ?

Is the Legend of Zelda collector's edition worth getting ? I already have Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I don't own the two NES games but I played them while I was younger, although I never beat them. Anything on it beside the games ?

Want to unlock Punch Out? Get a Pro Action Replay. I haven't heard of any other way to unlock it.

"Is the Legend of Zelda collector's edition worth getting ? I already have Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. I don't own the two NES games but I played them while I was younger, although I never beat them. Anything on it beside the games ?"

It's just LoZ, Zelda II, OOT, MM, and a *demo* of Wind Waker. No memorabilia, extras, or even emulated GB games.

However, if you run across it used for 20 dollars at a pawn shop/music store/etc. by all means pick it up. It's still great bang for your buck considering the cost of the NES Classics releases.

Guest The Spike

Actually you can unlock Punch Out without an Action Replay. However, you need an extra memory card to do it.

I used this method to get it:

Create Town: Tzu

Create Player: (sp)Lao

That player name is a single space, then Lao.

Then, after errands (I know, they're tedious), you can go to Nook and say this code:

3Ec5za9xYcxkLm

yYR9ry0z%ucJ6V

After that you can give it to the person in your original town.

I played AC daily for a few months when I first got it, but I haven't touched it (like most of my GameCube games) since moving in November and getting an Xbox. I need to start it up again. I've already missed out on a lot. I should have played a full year.

I can't wait for Animal Crossing DS in November. I played it at E3, and it was fucking amazing. On top of that, it's online. You can bet that I will be hooked on that game for a loooooooong time.

Revive or just heal? You have to pay Forge a fee to revive them if they die. I haven't played the game in a while, though, so I don't know if you have to wait til you finish the level or not.

all you have to do is find one of the blue X save spots and go to the "Change Character" screen...scroll through the list of available X-Men and it will allow you to revive a fallen member for a fee...

this game is pretty damn good, btw...

finalfight-snesj.jpg

So, what the **** is happening here? Why is Cody waving at the bad guys, and why is Andore waving back? Is this blatant act of non-fighting the reason Haggar is getting mad in the middle of the street?

I never realized until recently just how bad the SNES port of Final Fight is compared to the arcade. I can't believe it used to be considered near arcade perfect.

Rugal is ridiculous in KOF 2002.

Was Cody going to prison ever explained? I had read "unknown reason" on another site.

I'm not sure if there's an 100% canon reason accepted by both Capcoms, but Fighter Mania says Poison framed him (dunno what).

Him being framed is in Final Fight Revenge. In Alpha 3 it says he's in jail because he wouldn't stop beating people up. I think that's the most likely. Poor Cody.

I have been playing A3 a lot lately. I wish Dee Jay was in the arcade and the rog was normally playable. Him being time release sucks.

I'd say "beating people up" would be US canon, but it sounds so dumb and hokey. FFR was import only, and considering how awful it was Capcom USA had good reason to sweep it completely under the rug.

Any word on the MMX collection? Seems like forever since I last heard about it.

Right now it's supposed to come out in November.

It makes sense that he wouldn't stop beating people up, since he left Jessica at the end of the game.

The way Guy knocks down Cody to get him to talk to her is so weird. I could see hitting him like once, but Guy just completely kicks his ass.

Why is it acceptable to have control of a female character in the SNES FF sequels who most likely will be assaulted by men, but not vice versa? To answer my own question, I guess it was determined that it's ok to see bad guys do it but it's not something the player should be doing.

Well FF2 came out years after the original when characters like Chun Li and Sonya were accepted.

Also I think censoring Poison and Roxy has more to do with what they look like than being girls. They're outfits are fairly revealing, especially when punched.

I'd say number 2 is more likely. Streets of Rage had female characters both as a playable character and getting the hell pounded out of them, and that was, like, 1991. SF2 hadn't hit SNES yet.

The Sega CD FF kept Roxy/Poison female but covered them up a little more, though.

alexkiddmiracleworld.jpg

Is this not one of the worst pieces of box art you've ever seen? Especially compared to

alexkidd1japan.jpg

Though that looks very similar to an image I had on Mario bedsheets as a child.

Alex has weird fingerless mitten hands, like Elena from SF III.

Megaman US boxart is still the worst.

"Alex Kidd and his huge throbbing fist that can do addition!"

He's like the Rowdy-Ruff Boy that got kicked out for having a crappy power.

Although in the second one he looks like a monkey.

Megaman US boxart is still the worst.

Hands down.

That SNES game (the name escapes me at the moment) that had a man playing the banjo for boxart was made a pretty interesting choice.

PHALANX!

The Contra games are some of the best box arts.

Here's the gamespy list of the worst:

http://archive.gamespy.com/top10/january03/covers/

Somebody needs to make a fighting game where all the fighters are severed limbs:

http://archive.gamespy.com/top10/january03/covers/4s.jpg