TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

In Mortal Kombat Armageddon Motaro has 2 legs. Instead of a centuar he is a human with fur legs and hoves. It looks like he has a goat for a lower body. So basically the entire point of the Motaro character is gone. That has to be like, biggest corner cut in MK which is really saying something. I KNEW they would never truely make a game with that much content and characters right, they'd be lazy and do whatevery they could to cut corners and make it easier.

In Mortal Kombat Armageddon Motaro has 2 legs. Instead of a centuar he is a human with fur legs and hoves. It looks like he has a goat for a lower body. So basically the entire point of the Motaro character is gone. That has to be like, biggest corner cut in MK which is really saying something. I KNEW they would never truely make a game with that much content and characters right, they'd be lazy and do whatevery they could to cut corners and make it easier.

And I thought the always changing of Reptile was bad, I can't believe they would change Motaro that much.

At least changing Reptile was to be a more original, interesting and unique. With that they were taking a character who had previously been a thrown together palatte swap into his own design. This is just them not being able to do a centuar properly in 3D and taking an easier way out.

MotaroMKA1.jpg

On August 22 2006, a new screenshot of Armageddon was released, revealing that Motaro will now be a bipedal character, rather than his original four-legged design. No word has yet been given as to how Motaro's new body came to be, but Cinder, an administrator at the Midway forums, has stated that it will almost certainly be explained in his story.

Shadow of the Colossus has gone Greatest Hits, Soul Calibur 3 is available at Target for $20.

These other titles should be GH too:

• Jak X: Combat Racing

• SOCOM 3

• Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

• Ratchet: Deadlocked

...although I can't 100% confirm that.

About time SC3 went $20. Time to hit it this weekend.

Cinder, an administrator at the Midway forums, has stated that it will almost certainly be explained in his story.

Hah, that should be good. I can't wait to see what mystical deus ex machina explination they come up with.

They should just not say anything at all. Why bother? Everyone knows the real reason for the design change and anything they come up with is going to be artificial.

I'm not sure how long 20 dollar SC3 lasts, so get it ASAP.

I guess Motaro had half of his body chopped off in a mob hit and it was put on Shao Kahn's bed, or something.

Scorpion's MK Armageddon ending is up on youtube. Looks REALLY lame. No pictures or anything, just him doing moves while the annoucer talks and text scrolls. It's short and doesn't actually resolve his story, it's actually a cliff hanger. So much for this being a big final battle that ties everything up.

The ending is comically lazy. It's like MK II for Genesis or something. They couldn't even be bothered to draw at least ONE picture. I knew this is how MKA would be. I have no idea why anyone bought into Ed Boon's hype again. They couldn't do a game right with 25 characters, they certainly wouldn't do one with 60.

And Khameleon is not in the game. She was lame but she did have a story and should have been in there if they are truely serious about explaining all unanswered questions. Strange how Chameleon and Meat are in it but she is not. I wonder if they just forget about her.

......you "unlock" his other legs? That has got to be wiki vandalism.

I think I'll get the Shao Kahn/Sindel box.

In Shaolin Monks they had Cage kill Goro and now Cage vs. Goro is one of the rivalries that gets a box for MKDA. Even though it was Liu Kang who beat Goro in the game story are we just supposed to accept that they're rivals now because everyone liked the Goro/Cage fight scene in the first movie? I like how Midway just randomly picks things from the movies to add to the game story without any explination. Like we're supposed to consider the movie "non canon" except a few things that don't even really make sense in the context of the game. Liu Kang took Goro's title, why would Goro even care about Johnny Cage?

I agree. Centaur Motaro ain't happening if he's not a default character. Since they use mokap, and haven't bothered to put any effort into the series in years, they'd have to create an original 3D model from scratch if they wanted him to have 4 legs. All for the sake of a single old boss character? Forget about it.

This is why I love NISA: disgaea_prinny01small.jpg

They bring over goods from Japan. Sadly, I won't be able to aquire this fleece Prinny cap, since I'll be spending all my money on a deep freezer and a shipment of books. Oh well.

I love video game companies that bring over the other goodies of the video games that get sold in Japan.

Shadow of the Colossus has gone Greatest Hits, Soul Calibur 3 is available at Target for $20.

These other titles should be GH too:

• Jak X: Combat Racing

• SOCOM 3

• Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves

• Ratchet: Deadlocked

...although I can't 100% confirm that.

About time SC3 went $20. Time to hit it this weekend.

I may have to pick up Colossus but lately I haven't been buying many PS2 games as I await teh Wii.

Is Deadlocked as much of a departure from the other games as I've heard it is? Is there still a lot of platforming or is it all combat?

This is why I love NISA: disgaea_prinny01small.jpg

They bring over goods from Japan. Sadly, I won't be able to aquire this fleece Prinny cap, since I'll be spending all my money on a deep freezer and a shipment of books. Oh well.

I love video game companies that bring over the other goodies of the video games that get sold in Japan.

Collector's item come on. Not like I'd actually wear it.

*currently is wearing the Cerebus pendent from Advent Children and the Fenrir(?) ring as well*

...well, maybe not that at least.

*also has a Saber-chan figurine as well*

Is Deadlocked as much of a departure from the other games as I've heard it is? Is there still a lot of platforming or is it all combat?

Judging by the demo I played...all combat.

I hate it. It's my least favorite of the games, by far.

UYA is much better, and I still find the combat in that game a bit excessive.

However, depending on your gaming tastes, your mileage may vary (Not sure about Renegade's feelings on it, because he loved UYA).

Oh, and best thing to come out of MK in years: http://www.viralchart.com/bloodonthecarpet/

(well, that and MK SM's gameplay, even if the story is terrible)

SM's gameplay is not that good. It has a lot of moves but they're all pointless.

You know, I was just thinking about Eternal Champions (which I thought was a really good game, despite the large amount of sentiment online that says it sucked) and something occured to me. They advertised the game by making fun of Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat (with lines like "Hey, Johnny Cage, are you afraid you'll get your BUTT kicked by a girl?"), which certainly wasn't uncommon in those days. But Sega actually created and published Eternal Champions themselves. And MK and SFII:CE were both available for Genesis. So Sega, despite having a financial interest in the success of those games, made fun of them in their ads. Sega was fucking dumb.

SC III is officially a Greatest Hits title, so that $20 price tag is permanent.

SC III is officially a Greatest Hits title, so that $20 price tag is permanent.

Ok, none of the target games had a GH packaging, and Lord knows that EB/gamestop barely has any new copies of the game, opting to keep the old pre-owned price on everything for a while..