TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

I typically HATE selling systems or games, but since I have a 360 and have fallen in love with the Wii, I am trading in my original Xbox.

What I want to know is this- Is there any way to transfer my saved games from my Xbox hard drive to my PC or 360?

I typically HATE selling systems or games, but since I have a 360 and have fallen in love with the Wii, I am trading in my original Xbox.

HEADLINE: Gamer loses 15 pounds playing Wii!

I've gotten a lot further and a lot better at EBA and I'm just now noticing how terrible the lifebar system is. In most music games, your bar doesn't go down unless you hit a note incorrectly. That's for pussies. EBA's lifebar goes down constantly, fast enough that you can lose a significant chunk of your bar even if you full combo a stage.

Blech. If they wanted to up the difficulty, they could have just punished mistimed note strikes more severely. To have it be like the arcade version of Gauntlet Legends is infuriating.

I had to restart my FFXI game after reaching the Phon Coast because I majorly fucked up with the License Board and wasn't prepared for the spike in difficulty that occurs once you cross the border into Archadies. I'm back at that point and have enjoyed the game so much more on the second try. The thing is, the story needs to really kick in like yesterday. It's good, but there really hasn't been the one "big moment" that was prevalent in the other games.

If it was the sinking of the Leviathan, color me unimpressed.

I've ben a subscriber since last July. The two-out subscription was a bit too much, so I'm just paying fifteen bucks or so for the one-out. I'm satisfied.

Do any of these rental places have rent-to-own options?

They do offer discounts on used games, but I dont think you get credit to purchase for renting.

I'm watching the DOA movie on Google Video (probably will be pulled soon), and oh god is it awful.

The only one of the main characters to turn in decent performances are Presley's Tina and Nash's Bass (and Presley OVERacts while Nash is basically just being a pro wrestler...so that's not really acting). Well, I guess Zack makes a good annoying douchebag, not that one should need to be a decent actor to pull that off.

They actually use pictures from the games. When the fights are shown on monitors...there are life bars! Ugh.

Man, I saw that in the cinema (saw it for free, so I didn't feel like a total sap) and I actually zone out/ fell asleep at the final battle and woke up with the credits rolling. The only thing that was remotly enjoyable was marking out for Nash being in it.

You'd think a rich person could come up with a better

code for his vault than his own daughter's birthdate.

I mean, normal people will often use their pet's name as a computer password, but

they don't tattoo it to the back of said animal's neck.

I wonder how that guy remembered his doctor's appointments?

Wasn't Helena, like, an opera singer ice princess in the games? Not a tramp-stamped, bubbleheaded rollergirl?

I was going through the XBL Marketplace seeing what new tv shows/movies/music videos have been added to the Marketplace and I found out you can now download TNA Impact all the way from May 18th 2006 through 1/24/07 and thats freaking cool.

The DOA movie. Only watch with plenty of alcohol.

I got through about 20 minutes or so. I found it to be utterly boring. Apparently, it just gets worse from there. If that's the case, I may well have to suck it up and watch the whole thing. It can't be that bad.

This brings up a question: How exactly does one go about making a good movie based on a video game?

Guest Smues

Not only wasn't Mortal Kombat bad, it was good. The sequel though, yeah that was god awful.

the only part I really really hated about MK was (and fanboys will totally hate me for this) when Johnny Cage kills Scorpion and an autographed picture of him drops down in the fire. It was an "eye rolling, groan inducing" moment for me. Other than that, I really can't complain about the movie.

Resident Evil wasn't that bad either, IMO.

But that's his Friendship! GAME REFERENCE!

And yeah, despite it being one of my favourite parts of the film, I can totally see why it would take others right out of the moment.

If by fun you mean totally retarded, yeah.

Although--am I the only one to make it through the DOA movie? Come on, you pansies, that movie sucked but it was easy. I've seen Mortal Kombat Annihilation 4 times! I've made it through House of the Dead a few times! I've seen Battlefield Earth beginning to end!

The first Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill, IMO, came the closest to being good. Although for different reasons.

Movies based on fighting games usually are terrible anyway, but you just know that the movie is devoid of any creativity if it features a villain stealing characters' fighting abilities as a major plot point.

I wouldn't consider FF to be a video game movie, since it has nothing to do with any games.

And IMO, Silent Hill was the best video game movie, probably because it was more inspired by all of the games, therefor, it could create its own mythology for the film itself.

if that movie would have been called anything BUT Final Fantasy, it would have been fine. I think just having that name kinda automatically gives it a stigma.

Advent Children, based directly on a Final Fantasy game, wasn't even that great...sorry fanboys, it just wasn't.