TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

So I finished my season in NHL 2K6.

Saku Koivu led the league in scoring (62 goals and 153 points) and won Art Ross and Richard Trophy.

DAN F'N CLOUTIER won the Vezina and Hart trophy (1.76 GAA .947% 12 SO)

Does anyone know how much of a difference PS2 component cables make on a regular TV?

The TV has YCbCr inputs.

the picture will be better than using the red/white/yellow cables...obviously it won't be OMG DY-NO-MIIIITE HDTV or anything, but it'll certainly be better.

Ok, thanks.

I just picked some up off of eBay for about $10. Might come in handy, too, if I want to take it downstairs to the big HDTV in the living room.

It being the first fps for a lot of people was the big deal I guess. It's not one of the best 35 or so FPS games I've ever played, and I've not played more than about 40-45. Bland level design and been there done that weaponry. It was basically a completely destitute man's version of Tribes, just 3 years later.

yeah, i played it recently on the PC. It's vaguely fun, but there's nothing remarkable about it whatsoever.

I'm guessing its more to do with it being a console FPS, since FPS games aren't that big on consoles.

Personally Goldeneye beats the ever loving shit out of Halo as far as console FPS goes.

Sega.com is running a poll asking which Sega franchise fans would like to see return.

The choices are:

NiGHTS

Streets of Rage

Samba de Amigo

Virtua Cop...............

and Flicky. Yes, Flicky.

Sega.com is running a poll asking which Sega franchise fans would like to see return.

The choices are:

NiGHTS

Streets of Rage

Samba de Amigo

Virtua Cop...............

and Flicky. Yes, Flicky.

Well, gotta have your token joke entry.

Flicky is still a better game than Sonic 360, though.

Samba would be a super-easy port to wii, though.

I just played Halo for the first time. I don't get it. Whats the big f

'n deal?

Great graphics

Great story

Great score

Great environments

Great characters

Challenging

Multiplayer

Need I say more?

Does anyone know how much of a difference PS2 component cables make on a regular TV?

The TV has YCbCr inputs.

If you go to www.hdtvarcade.com, they tell you how enable progressive scan on PS2 and which games have it.

I've had trouble with my official cables. Mega Man X Collection is messed up on my screen when I use the cables. I have to reinsert the cables in the TV in order for the screen to be fixed. Unfortunately, when I switch from MMX to MMX2, etc, the screen is messed up again. It's the only game that does that. Also, backwards compatable games are messed up too but I think I just stretch out the picture to make it better.

'n deal?

Great graphics

Great story

Great score

Great environments

Great characters

Challenging

Multiplayer

Need I say more?

I don't see it. The graphics do look great for a last generation game, and the story is better than usual, but the environments are kinda BLAH to me, the characters are...well...there. I don't know. I just don't get the hype.

Maybe I should try Halo 2. I just keep seeing all this stuff about Halo 3 and I just don' understand why I should give a crap.

'n deal?

Great graphics

Great story

Great score

Great environments

Great characters

Challenging

Multiplayer

Need I say more?

I saw everything you mentioned in that game. The graphics were hot, the music was good and I liked the story, but it's when it came to playing it that it crumbled down. It just didn't feel fun. At least to me.

While I might seem insane to some for saying it, excluding the first 4 boards which were indeed crappy, I liked Brute Force better.

Yeah....I said it.

I would want Streets of Rage, just for the simple fact that there have never been any GOOD beat em ups until very recently, and only one.

While I might seem insane to some for saying it, excluding the first 4 boards which were indeed crappy, I liked Brute Force better.

Yeah....I said it.

it's funny, Rip, you've been pimping this game for years and I keep telling myself I should check it out, I just never get around to it!

Yeah....I said it.

it's funny, Rip, you've been pimping this game for years and I keep telling myself I should check it out, I just never get around to it!

Its like 2.99 now cheap ass. get on it.

But seriously, you HAVE to get past the first 4 boards, play it on the hardest difficulty and try not to lose any squadmates and you have a game.

I haven't had a chance to play Halo all the way through though and I doubt that I will be able to touch the xbox for a while. My girlfriend just got hooked on Playboy: The Mansion and like any Sims game, that is really really addictive for like the first 3 days. Add in the big bouncy boobs and it will keep her intrest for at least another month.

I finished last night Metal Gear Solid 2 : Substance. Many people criticized the game when it came out, but it wasn't that bad of a game. Sure, we don't play as Snake but he's still the main character in the game. Save for the parts with Rose, I didn't even minded Raiden. The overall story was good, except for the ending which was too preachy for my tastes. The game, while not the masterpiece the original MSG was, still has its moments. Who can hate the parts inside Arsenal ? The Colonel goes crazy, you have the sword and kick ass with Snake, the game screws with you a la Eternal Darkness and it has the best exchange ever in a cutscene : "If you run out of munitions, you can have mine" "Will you have enough ?" "Absolutely.... *points to bandanna* Unlimited ammo."

I'm surprised the PS2 version goes for quite a price online, when you can have Sons of Liberty for not even five bucks.

The complaints about Raiden were just such an irrelevant criticism of the game that I never took them seriously. Both games had critical success anyway. Most if not all of the dissenting opinions came from, uh, disreputable sources. MGS2 certainly had its issues, but it clearly had a lot going for it.

I liked the gameplay in MGS2 better than the original, although that could be because I've most recently played the original with the inferior GameCube controller compared to the PS2 controller. I like the gameplay in both of them better than the third though, even though the third had the best story and overall package.

Because of OoT being enormously overrated, MM only said less than half as much. Sound logic.

Actually that was mostly likely because it was on a system considered dead in 2000.

MGS3 sold 2/3 of MGS2 by the way. But they both suck LOLOL.

Source plz.

I didn't say, nor am I going to say, MGS3 sucks. I never bothered playing it much. Feel free to build straw men, though.

Although plenty of reviewers said that MGS3's camera and writing sucked. So it doesn't sound too different than MGS2 to me.

MGS3 sold 2/3 of MGS2 by the way. They must both be horrible games! 2/10!

And you edit your posts to build another straw man. Good work!

This is CTDWAT. I am allowed to make flippant statements based on opinion, you know. Geez, stop taking everything so seriously.

I'm still waiting for your essay on why Suikoden what-the-hell-ever is 2006 GOTY. When is that coming?

This is CTDWAT. I am allowed to make flippant statements based on opinion, you know. Geez, stop taking everything so seriously.

I'm still waiting for your essay on why Suikoden what-the-hell-ever is 2006 GOTY. When is that coming?

Ahhhhhh!

*head explodes*

http://www.vgcharts.org/worldtotals.php?na...&sort=Total

*kills self*

Guest Smues
Because of OoT being enormously overrated, MM only said less than half as much. Sound logic.

Yeah but with MM you've also got the fact that it required the expansion pack that not everybody (me) had.