TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

He'd probably be too broken. The super secret Lego Indy character made sense.

Lego Patrick Bateman? :P

Maybe not TOO broken.

Lego Star Wars had Force Ghosts of Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda...and they couldn't be killed (and enemies ignored them)

So I could see Superman being super secret...and hard to find.

But not available during story mode, of course.

Lego Patrick Bateman? :P

Yes! I would have no problem with my mission failing if the problem was because Bateman had to return some videos.

I enjoyed the first two Lego Star Wars, never tried TCS, is it both games comibined or is it something new? I never quite found out. I have Lego Indy, but haven't gotten to it yet. I am most excited about Lego Bats though. Not only because it is my favorite subject choice of the three, but I think there will be an insane amount of characters to play as that I will enjoy.

Lego SW: TCS was pretty much both games put onto one disk, if I recall. I think maybe an extra bonus or two thrown in but basically the original two just joined together and re-packaged.

Lego SW: TCS was pretty much both games put onto one disk, if I recall. I think maybe an extra bonus or two thrown in but basically the original two just joined together and re-packaged.

There was that, a little change up in the Pod Race and Geonosis in the Republic Gunship level (the originals are still available as side missions)...the removal of Anakin's Ep 1 flight from the story mode (again, still available, but as a side mission), a completely new level where you chase Zam from Ep 2, some new characters (a few Jedi, mostly extra non-special characters) and the inclusion of Indiana Jones as a secret character.

First video for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion from marvel.com

Clicky Click

Looks good, obviously focusing on double team moves which I approve of. It also looks like Daredevil won't have to be unlocked this time round.

I finally beat Final Fintasy III DS after playing it on and off for a little bit over a year. That last dungeon was ridiculous and was so discouraging at first. I also just found out that FFIV came out a couple of months ago so I might pick that up, but I'm thinking I'll get Phantom Hourglass first.

Also playing Super Paper Mario. It's a damn fun game and I never thought I'd ever play as Bowser in a game.

You haven't played Super Mario RPG? Or Mario Kart? or Mario Baseball?

Well, besides games like Mario Kart, Mario Party, and the basketball game for DS, I never knew Bowser was a playable character in a game, an actual story game to be exact. This is an unexpected but cool first for me. No I have not played Mario RPG. Always wanted to though.

Guest Smues

I went to an arcade in Phoenix today that rocked my world. It had just about every machine I could want. I almost wish I lived here just for that. I'm so used to arcades being mostly ticket games, but this place didn't have all that many of them. All I could complain about was A. They had Dragon's Lair 2 but it was broke, and B. They had like 2 dozen pinball machines but no Scared Stiff. But that was ok because they have Theatre of Magic. I could play that all day. I'm finding it hard to think of arcade games I like that they didn't have. Maybe Toki and that Superman game, but I haven't seen either since I stopped going to Chuck E. Cheese as a kid.

But the main reason I post this: Mario Kart Arcade GP 2? This caught me by surprise because A. It's a Mario Kart arcade game, and B. it's the second one? How the fuck did I manage to miss two of these? The announcer was a little annoying, but otherwise it was a blast. It's certainly made for arcade and is too limited to be worth porting, but otherwise it was awesome. It was 2 credits to start the first track, and 1 for each additional, which isn't bad at all. Means you can play a cup (there were 8 BTW) for 1.25 or less and 1.00 or less for each additional. And the character selection was typical Mario Kart fare...plus MOTHERFUCKING PAC-MAN! Holy fuck is that awesome, they need him in the home versions. (Ms. Pac-man and Blinky the ghost are in there too.)

So again, how the fuck did I miss these games, and how long has Mario Kart arcade been around?

So again, how the fuck did I miss these games, and how long has Mario Kart arcade been around?

A couple years.

Did the cabinet you played have the camera that takes a picture of your face and uses it for your character? That's the most awesome part.

I played quite a bit of the original and well, it's fun and cool because...it's Mario Kart arcade but honestly it wasn't that good. The track design was the worst in the series that I've played. So flat, empty and boring. You could only use like 3 items and it had a bunch of new items that weren't interesting at all, just like various projectiles and swatting attacks. Only 2 credits to play is nice though. Everywhere I've seen it has always been 3 or 4, which is just ridiculous.

Guest Smues

Yeah it had the camera. I didn't care for the limited items and track design, but I thought it worked just fine for an arcade setting. Just wouldn't be worth porting to a console like I said. That announcer though, damn does he get annoying fast. Yoshi uses an item, Yoshi makes a move, Yoshi grabs a bunch of coins at once, Yoshi makes a move, can Yoshi stay in front, Yoshi on the move, Yoshi on the move, Yoshi on the movie, Yoshi uses an item, Yoshi uses an item, Yoshi uses an item, Yoshi is going to win. And that's just like one lap.

Conversely, the wife and I took the kids to our local "big" arcade last night and my how the mighty have fallen. The Family Fun Center here in town used to be one of the biggest and best in the country...it is a mere shell of its former self. Dingy, half the machines didn't work. I was ashamed of the place. I haven't been there in well over a year and I was kinda shocked. No new games in the year plus since I've been at all. I know the arcade seen is slowly dying, but not even ONE new game? They now have a lot of set-ups where you can play Wii and X-Box 360 for so many minutes as well as Guitar Hero set-ups which is basically a console housed inside an arcade cabinet. That's not arcade to me, I can do that shit at home. It was depressing.

My local pub had Mario Kart GP Arcade in it but they got rid of it for some reason. It was pretty good. I didn't know there was a second one though.

First video for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2: Fusion from marvel.com

Clicky Click

Looks good, obviously focusing on double team moves which I approve of. It also looks like Daredevil won't have to be unlocked this time round.

Looks like it could be good. Played the first one to death. Good to see Hulk in the game this time. Not sure what I think of the double team moves. It would be cool if its just another added attack option during combat, but if its critical to passing certain parts, then it'll be a pain in the ass having to try to keep 2 characters alive

Guest Smues
Conversely, the wife and I took the kids to our local "big" arcade last night and my how the mighty have fallen. The Family Fun Center here in town used to be one of the biggest and best in the country...it is a mere shell of its former self. Dingy, half the machines didn't work. I was ashamed of the place. I haven't been there in well over a year and I was kinda shocked. No new games in the year plus since I've been at all. I know the arcade seen is slowly dying, but not even ONE new game? They now have a lot of set-ups where you can play Wii and X-Box 360 for so many minutes as well as Guitar Hero set-ups which is basically a console housed inside an arcade cabinet. That's not arcade to me, I can do that shit at home. It was depressing.

That sucks. Up here I can't even find an arcade with broken games. The only arcade I've seen is 95% prize ticket games, and a racing game or two.

I've spent a weekend at OOB, Maine earlier this summer and there was some really good stuff at the arcade that I haven't seen in forever : The Simpsons, X-Men, TMNT, 5-6 pinball machines and Terminator II (two Uzis at the same time baby!). No fighting games however.

It's a shame arcades are dead nowadays.

The only places with halfway decent arcades anymore are touristy areas. I go up to Lake George, NY once every few years and the arcades there still have a bunch of the classics.

I just saw Madden 09 for Playstation 2.

I thought they stopped making games for the PS2? If not, will they ever? I mean, that's what the PS3 is for, no?

PS2 has such a huge install base even if you disregard the PS3's backwards compatibility, it's worth the investment. Plus they aren't making as many updates to it so it's cheaper to make, add in a lot of people being scared off of next-gen sports games due to shoddy performance, throw in the fact that it's $10 cheaper, and you get decent sales.

Yeah, there are still a few titles ONLY available on PS2, or if they are multiple platform it is like Wii and PS2. Not that they are masterpieces, but they exist. The bigger surprise to me at one point I heard Madden 09 was going to come out for original X-Box. Madden 08 was supposed to be the last game, but at one point I saw 09 was gonna be released.

I remember as late as 2005, when I was working at Gamestop, my store would still get the occasional new PS1 game. I see games, or at least Madden, being released for the PS2 for at least another 2 years or so.

Yeah, there are still a few titles ONLY available on PS2, or if they are multiple platform it is like Wii and PS2. Not that they are masterpieces, but they exist. The bigger surprise to me at one point I heard Madden 09 was going to come out for original X-Box. Madden 08 was supposed to be the last game, but at one point I saw 09 was gonna be released.

Madden 09 is, in fact, on the original Xbox. Huzzah.

Braid is fucking bullshit, by the way.

This is the dumbest fucking metaphor ever.

The atomic bomb? Are you serious? Are you FUCKING serious? I'm jumping on hairy fucking goombas because I'm trying to invent the fucking A-Bomb. Fuck this game.

And to get the real ending is the biggest load of bullshit in the history of gaming. I'm serious. You all remember all the bullshit about stuff like, "You can bring Aeris back to life if you do some ridiculous shit?" Well, imagine if that shit was TRUE. You have to wait 2 and a half hours in one level for a cloud to move. And then Another 30 minutes to rewind it back. Fuck me. And that's how you get ONE of the stars.