TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

...I'm enjoying Fifa. I uh..never thought I'd actually say that.

*goes back to buying players from Europe to play on the Houston Dynamo...*

Hell yeah! Stick a bunch of long haired Euros in the orange and white! I'd love to see a built up Dynamo team be an unstoppable juggernaut and just roll everyone.

98pts in one MLS season in a season I pretty much simmed.

Won the Davis Cup and the MLS Cup.

Carlos Vela was the leading goal scorer with over twenty

Curse my partial colorblindness.

I'm playing the game Justice League Heroes on my PSP (figured I needed to get SOMETHING for it) and now I'm stuck on the Batman/Zatanna team up level where they're in the other dimension.

It says to use a sequence of portals to teleport...but the one FAQ I have is color. I thought I figured it out, but apparently my green and yellow detection isn't good when it comes to the lights.

Anyone who played and beat that game tell me which portals I need to use?

CMW: I'm coming up on this section soon in JLH. Did you get past it yet?

Just tried to play Resident Evil and Resident Evil 2 on the PS2, and I just can't. They're slow and juttery, but they haven't changed at all since the first time I played them over 10 years ago. Its just that, well, they haven't aged well. I think I would have been able to manage it if they hadn't revamped them slightly on the Gamecube, and then further still for Resident Evil 4.

Guest Smues

The original non Gamecube version of RE1 has aged pretty terribly, but I can still play RE2 no problem. I wish it'd get the full gamecube remake treatment though.

Guest Smues

As far as I know they only intended to do the first one, because it had aged so awfully, and I think they wanted something to get Gamecube fans exposed to the series before RE4.

Just the first one. The others were only supposed to be direct ports to the Cube.

You know what sucks about RE5, from what I can tell? Still no ability to MOVE AND SHOOT at the same time. Srsly. WTF Capcom?!

Hmm that's odd, especially in a fucking survival game where you'd naturally want to run the fuck away. Left 4 Dead manages to pull it off. Obviously, its not on the same level as RE5, but still, give us some blind fire option!

As far as I know they only intended to do the first one, because it had aged so awfully, and I think they wanted something to get Gamecube fans exposed to the series before RE4.

Nah, that makes sense money wise. REzero was half decent from what I remember too, that was Gamecube only.

Hmm that's odd, especially in a fucking survival game where you'd naturally want to run the fuck away. Left 4 Dead manages to pull it off. Obviously, its not on the same level as RE5, but still, give us some blind fire option!

Nah, that makes sense money wise. REzero was half decent from what I remember too, that was Gamecube only.

Dead Space as well. Granted you couldn't sprint and fire, but at least you could walk around and avoid getting surrounded while drawing a bead on something. That was an annoyance about RE4, especially when you were facing a horde of townies (like the village) coming at you from all angles and there wasn't much you could do about it.

A. Why isn't this thread pinned?

B. Wii Sports has surpassed Super Mario Bros. as the best selling video game of all time.

Hmm, but its not something you can actually buy on its own - at least in the UK. Its bundled with the Wii and is part of the Wii SKU. I'm not sure you could class it as a game that has been sold on its own SKU.

A. Why isn't this thread pinned?

B. Wii Sports has surpassed Super Mario Bros. as the best selling video game of all time.

Hmm, but its not something you can actually buy on its own - at least in the UK. Its bundled with the Wii and is part of the Wii SKU. I'm not sure you could class it as a game that has been sold on its own SKU.

From the article on Yahoo:

And before you brand Wii Sports a false champion due to being bundled with hardware, consider that Super Mario Bros. was also sold as a bundle with the original Nintendo Entertainment System during its mid-80's heyday. Plus, Wii Sports has been a major hit even in non-bundled form, topping Wii sales charts in Japan at over 3.2 million copies sold in 2008 alone.

It is sold on it's own in Japan as well as weith the system....also, keep in mind, tons of people also got Super Mario Bros. along their very first NES. My NES was the Super Mario/Duck Hunt cartridge.

EDIT: fff got the answer in a split second before mine! :P

I knew Super Mario Bro was bundled to start with, but it was available on its own too. Wii Sports, at the least in the UK, is only available with the Wii. If its sold that many copies in Japan alone as a stand alone game, then that's pretty mind blowing. Makes you wonder why Nintendo aren't starting to push and sell it in the UK and the rest of the world too.

Isn't the non pack-in champion Super Mario Bros 3?

Yeah, I'll still count that as #1. Cause fuck Wii Sports. Seriously.

Well, at least it's not Wii Play. It has that going for it.

Isn't the non pack-in champion Super Mario Bros 3?

Yeah, I'll still count that as #1. Cause fuck Wii Sports. Seriously.

Well, at least it's not Wii Play. It has that going for it.

I gave Wii Play away to a co-worker.

He thought I was doing him a favor.

It will suck. That's all you need to know.

When I got my Nintendo I got Gyromote and Duck Hunt.

I just finished Dead Space. It was pretty damn scary at times, and fun, but I was a bit underwhelmed by it. After all the hype surrounding this game, I feel it's a tad overrated. I seem to be in the minority though.

I enjoyed it a lot. I'm a pretty big fan of the film, Event Horizon, so I was pleased to more or less get a video game version of it. I don't see why Capcom can't pull off RE like this.

not to go off topic, but Event Horizon was such a clusterfuck movie, I couldn't help but like it.

Yeah, any movie with Jason Isaacs, Sam Neill, and Laurence Fishburne will get my vote pretty much by default.

Went through the game on Normal mode and pretty much walked through it with no trouble. I guess I'll go through it again to max out the other guns (I went through the entire game with the cutter and the Ripper) and use the New Game+ trick to get a head start on Impossible mode.

I know that feeling. Only just starting to get through my backlog of:

GoW2

Fallout3

Fifa09

Deadspace

LittleBIGplanet

and Fable 2

I'm glad I didn't buy the rest of the games I had lined up otherwise they'd have never got played. I gave up Farcry 2, Star Wars Force Unleashed, and some other ones. Looking back, I don't think I've missed out on too much, and saved a good £20 on each title if I pick them up now. I'll be in trouble again in a month though - Street Fighter and Resident Evil start the Easter onslaught. Yet, the rest of the year looks pretty... dead.

I've gotten 25 games in 8 months, and probably 8 arcade in addition to those. Over half of the 25 were purchased between September and late December. Add in the many hours I spend playing online multiplayer and thus not progressing in solo play, plus the fact that I watch a lot more movies now due to Netflix on the 360, and there ya go.